• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EU/OC and NA Splatfest - Spongebob vs. Patrick

I am...

• joining Team Spongebob!

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • joining Team Patrick!

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • currently undecided!

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
The splatfest would be Princess Celestia vs. Princess Luna, or as i'd call it, the Solar Empire vs. the New Lunar Republic.

...Of course, it wouldn't work either way because MLP is kind of a niche thing.

Maybe they could make a Unicorn vs. Pegasus, where it isn't a direct reference/shoutout to MLP.
I think we can drop that topic now thanks
As a brony myself I feel that celestia vs Luna wouldn't work as many peoples favourite is princess Cadence (Mia Mora Cadenza)
Due to this the best theme in my opinion would be ponies vs dragons due to spikes episode where he joins the dragon migration, ok yes maybe at first it's a little biased but (not being sexist) but there needs to be an option for boys as ponies are seen as girl things, also unicorn vs Pegasus may work but alicorns and earth the topic of favourite species relates to favourite characters example i hate rainbow dash she's a Pegasus for this reason I wouldn't choose Pegasus and I really hate rarity too so I would never choose unicorn but I LOVE AJ so my immediate choice would be earth ponie. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying your ideas are bad they are actually quite good alone they are valid it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has left characters out of topic *cough* *cough*
Squid ward *cough cough*

Yeah ok maybe we should drop the topic I just wanted to say that really bad

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This isn't Naughty vs Nice.

I would be considerate of others who want the snails and want to have pleasant matches but what do I know? I was on Team Naughty anyway.
Not sure what you mean by that. I was going to join Team Naughty to stay true to myself, not to be a troll. Then I realized that people on that team went too far in mine eyes, and I joined Team Nice out of spite. 'Twas a gamble that didn't pay off, but I wasn't planning on being a **** back then. (Or were there people on Team Naughty that did nothing but screw around each match?)

Heck, the only other time I was tempted to was during the Burgers vs. Pizza Splatfest. And even then, it wasn't a matter of malicious intent on my end; rather, I was so fed up with Team Pizza's bullshit that I concluded that no amount of effort would turn my fortunes around, thus any trolling that I'd do would be largely inconsequential to the eventual outcome. Yet I ultimately convinced myself to keep trying anyway, against my better judgement.

Meh, I talk a big game, I know for a fact that I'd be too chicken to go through with it. I could half-*** it and use the Splatfest as a testing round for any new weapons I'm interested in... still giving my best effort, but knowingly handicapping myself, so I could blame my lack of skill with the weapon when I start losing a bunch. Although, usually that's what the half-hour before the Splatfest starts is for...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Wow, going through this thread. I'm surprised at how many people really have a distaste for SpongeBob.
I probably make it sound like I dislike it much more than I actually do. It's a funny cartoon, as far as I've seen it (which is fairly little), but this is one of those things that I'd really prefer not to mix up with Splatoon, the concept and world behind which I take fairly seriously (even if it is a pretty dumb idea on the surface). This harms Splatoon's credibility in my eyes a little, which has caused me to lash out at Spongebob.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I probably make it sound like I dislike it much more than I actually do. It's a funny cartoon, as far as I've seen it (which is fairly little), but this is one of those things that I'd really prefer not to mix up with Splatoon, the concept and world behind which I take fairly seriously (even if it is a pretty dumb idea on the surface). This harms Splatoon's credibility in my eyes a little, which has caused me to lash out at Spongebob.
I know that feeling, it happened before I saw the Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa crossover.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I can't believe how many people actively hate Spongebob. I still like it, somewhat, and I can understand people that don't love/like it, but why would you actively spend thought HATING it? It is a show that knows how to be successful, like the Simpsons. They know their target audience, and none of you are Spongebob's audience.

As for the splatfest, I don't know. I want to win a splatfest, as I have lost the last few I joined, but I don't know what to pick. I guess I leave it up to fate, or a coin flip.

Unless Spongebob offends you with improper racial/cultural use or has killed a family member, it is far too trivial to hate.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Cuttleshock, I can understand. 's okay to feel a touch overprotective, just don't let it ends up souring your enjoyment of the game. =)

@TeaBee, I adore that episode! It was so whimsical, irreverent, and meta. "Don't worry folks, this episode isn't canon" xD

I kinda like the shirts for this fest. I'm likely goin pick Patrick because I get to play with pink ink--though I do like the taste of mustard. Win or lose, I still get sea snails.

I plan to enjoy myself as much as I can, as if fun had just been invented. Set aside the new inkbrush to play with the other new weapons. Booyah and dance in every match like a buffoon while fighting. Putter about with the blasters because I haven't use them in ages. Or change my name to "DirtyBubbler" and use only weqpons with bubbler specials.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@TeaBee, I adore that episode! It was so whimsical, irreverent, and meta. "Don't worry folks, this episode isn't canon" xD
I know right. It's literally the funniest episode of the series and the episode isn't even Canon. I especially loved the ship joke made at the begin and pearl's demeanor "THAT'S NOT MY BABY".

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Today I uploaded an announcement video about Splatfest and what will be going for me. I'll be streaming Splatfest live on Twitch with my friend at his house, and we will be doing a"contest" of sorts. He's not use to the game, so all day Friday (when I arrive) he will be practicing on my account in turf wars since it won't screw with my rank). Then, during splatfest, we will be trading off playing, it'll go like this:
-I pick a weapon and play
-Then he plays with the weapon I used.
-Then he plays again, but picks whatever weapon he wants
-Then I play with whatever weapon he choose
-Then I play and pick a weapon and it repeats.
If we have enough people in the chat during the stream, we will also ask what the chat thinks we should be forced to use.
Should be fun..
Here's my Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/jeijeicos/profile

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I adore that episode! It was so whimsical, irreverent, and meta. "Don't worry folks, this episode isn't canon" xD
"this episode isn't canon, but this is!"
I think that I am one of the 20 people that actually still like Cartoon Network. Everyone else bashes on at least 2 or 3 of the current shows, which is really sad considering that they don't have to watch them. Crystal Gems always save the day.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
"this episode isn't canon, but this is!"
I think that I am one of the 20 people that actually still like Cartoon Network. Everyone else bashes on at least 2 or 3 of the current shows, which is really sad considering that they don't have to watch them. Crystal Gems always save the day.
My favorite part was when the ship sinked.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
@Jei-Cos, will you be making any videos of your friend's early efforts at playing or strictly splatfest?

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
@Jei-Cos, will you be making any videos of your friend's early efforts at playing or strictly splatfest?
Dunno lol I'm having some trouble getting Twitch to cooperate with me..I use OBS, and I did a test, and even though I'm at my house, it'll still work slightly for a test, but my audio and video won't sync up up twitch even though they are synced up on OBS..which is odd, because twitch is getting the freaking feed FROM OBS, so it shouldn't have a problem..I'm extremely confused on why it isn't working..If it finally decides to work I might do that, but we are kinda switching off between that and making our Mega Man and Zero cosplays, because it's like, only one person can use each tool at a time, so when I'm making my stuff, he can play, and when he's working, I can play. That night we could probably do that though. Thanks for the idea.

EDIT:
I think I fixed the problem with twitch..I know on my house's WIFI that streaming is a God awful idea, hell, just typing this message is laggy..lol But I did a test and everything is syncing up now, so there should be no problems on Saturday., which means there shouldn't be any friday either, so I likely can make a stream of us warming up.

Last edited:

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
I chose team Patrick. Yellow is not my color.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
After seeing all the great miiverse post reminding me of the awesomeness that was old Spongebob, I'm more into this now. I'll just treat this Splatfest as paying homage to the good old days so I can better enjoy it! I plan to mostly use Sloshers for the event, so I think I'll change my Mii name to "ChumBucket," for obvious reasons! I also wanna be Squidward due to the above!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom