Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I always feel bad for Squidward. What did he do wrong to deserve this life? Sadly, nearly every show like this has that one person that is always miserable.
Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled with misery?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
....and this is officially the fastest theme resulting in forum apathy toward the Splatfest theme topic thread :cool:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
....and this is officially the fastest theme resulting in forum apathy toward the Splatfest theme topic thread :cool:
Which is probably why it is better to have themes where the choices can reflect many different things or themes in a category.

There are many things you can put in a burger or pizza. There are many different breeds of cats and dogs. Autobots and Decepticons have many different characters within the faction and maybe one of those is a person's favorite. For an European Splatfest example, we can have many different discussions about the pros and cons of hoverboards vs jetpacks. For a Japanese Splatfest example, we can discuss if it is more important to be loved (emotional connections) or have resources (money).

Spongebob and Patrick really don't have much depth to them. If it was Spongebob vs Squidward maybe we can discuss about optimism vs pessimism. But here we have optimism vs optimism basically.

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
So it's decided then; on all the levels except for maybe colors, this is the worst splatfest Squidboards has had to deal with thanks to incredible apathy and not much meaningful discussion.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I forget where I heard this, but this Splatfest is supposed to run a bit longer than usual on account of having both the NA and EU/OC regions participating. So, when exactly is it supposed to start, and when will it end?

I ask because this might have to be the first Splatfest I intentionally miss, not out of apathy, but for real life stuff taking precedence.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I forget where I heard this, but this Splatfest is supposed to run a bit longer than usual on account of having both the NA and EU/OC regions participating. So, when exactly is it supposed to start, and when will it end?

I ask because this might have to be the first Splatfest I intentionally miss, not out of apathy, but for real life stuff taking precedence.
Saturday 9am EST to Sunday 3pm EST. The billboard in game will tell ya for your timezone.

Award

Remember the themes where we had 20 page debates on history. Or on hating winter? Or on Pokemon strategy? Here we get "cartoon character I don't know and don't care about vs. cartoon character I don't know and don't care about"

So instead: 1.7 Broke the game balance. Talk amongst yourselves.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Remember the themes where we had 20 page debates on history. Or on hating winter? Or on Pokemon strategy? Here we get "cartoon character I don't know and don't care about vs. cartoon character I don't know and don't care about"

So instead: 1.7 Broke the game balance. Talk amongst yourselves.
Is the really bad idea of boys vs girls going to have a topic that becomes a discussion of MRAs vs Feminists?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Is the really bad idea of boys vs girls going to have a topic that becomes a discussion of MRAs vs Feminists?
Yes, yes it would devolve into that, especially since a number of people fail/refuse to understand the definition of the latter to make up their own. ¬. ¬

If NA gets merged EU/OC again, I want a coffee vs tea splatfest. That may have to be one of the ultimate splatfest throwdowns.

Oh! Or football vs futbol. Let the jokes and insults fly!

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos

In game, go to the splatfest board thing where you pick your team. It says on the picture there what time it starts for your time zone.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Yes, yes it would devolve into that, especially since a number of people fail/refuse to understand the definition of the latter to make up their own. ¬. ¬

If NA gets merged EU/OC again, I want a coffee vs tea splatfest. That may have to be one of the ultimate splatfest throwdowns.

Oh! Or football vs futbol. Let the jokes and insults fly!
Team Coffee! Team Hawke from the Advance Wars series! Seriously, I drink black coffee thanks to that character. So many people in real life don't understand how I can stand it but I guess I have a tolerance for anything bitter tasting. I can't stand overly sweet tastes though so I guess I have a trade off there.

Award

That would STILL be more exciting than Sponge Bob vs. Patrick, admit it! :P

Team Coffee! Team Hawke from the Advance Wars series! Seriously, I drink black coffee thanks to that character. So many people in real life don't understand how I can stand it but I guess I have a tolerance for anything bitter tasting. I can't stand overly sweet tastes though so I guess I have a trade off there.
GOOD coffee is to be consumed black. Nothing should taint it. Most of what's served most places, however, is bitter, rancid coffee, and needs sugar and milk and anything else to kill the taste :) If the bean was rosted more than 3 weeks ago and if it was ground more than 10 minutes ago: IT'S RANCID. The flavor in coffee is oil. Once you roast the bean you open the casings and let the oils out. Once you crack the bean it oxidizes before your eyes, and the oils go rancid fast. Pre-ground coffee is....just rancid. But for GOOD beans - yep, black is the only way!

(<-coffee snob.) ;)

And you've just mad this thread more exciting just responding to someone else's suggestion about another theme :P That's how bad this one is!

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
That would STILL be more exciting than Sponge Bob vs. Patrick, admit it! :p

GOOD coffee is to be consumed black. Nothing should taint it. Most of what's served most places, however, is bitter, rancid coffee, and needs sugar and milk and anything else to kill the taste :) If the bean was rosted more than 3 weeks ago and if it was ground more than 10 minutes ago: IT'S RANCID. The flavor in coffee is oil. Once you roast the bean you open the casings and let the oils out. Once you crack the bean it oxidizes before your eyes, and the oils go rancid fast. Pre-ground coffee is....just rancid. But for GOOD beans - yep, black is the only way!

(<-coffee snob.) ;)

And you've just mad this thread more exciting just responding to someone else's suggestion about another theme :p That's how bad this one is!
Spoken like Godot from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 3. There will be loads of Godot Miiverse posts. Probably will be getting Cid from FF7 for the Tea posts.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
You mean this?

That's it. It will be basically U.S. vs. every other country. I probably will vote futbol anyway because my parents instilled in me the importance of the World Cup.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
You don't like it that there is not much room to debate Spongebob vs Patrick. That's cute. Try debating whether pineapple belongs on a pizza or not. We Europeans are hardened to this nightmare like a Russian to bears. You guys on the other hand are going to have to buckle up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom