Fire Emblem Social Thread

GreyIsSquidNow

Inkling
NNID
Greymanz
Seth is one, also Ephraim. Still, FE13 was my favorite. I dont give a damn if it was "casual" I started it on hard mode and lost almost all of the main units and had to tank through it with Miriel and Henry

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Seth is one, also Ephraim. Still, FE13 was my favorite. I dont give a damn if it was "casual" I started it on hard mode and lost almost all of the main units and had to tank through it with Miriel and Henry
my problems with 13 aren't difficulty (FE8 is a personal favorite despite seth being able to solo it), it's character design and story
being absolutely outlandish and shallow. While I'll never say FE writers are necessarily bad, even I can do better than the second half of awakening

I have no beef with casual mode, it's logical to me. I just wish they make it so there were negative trade offs, no reason to throw the old fan base to the curb. Although phoenix mode just confuses me as to why they are adding it
Sacred Stones, eh?

I'd say it was a pretty good game. My favorite characters are definitely Ephraim, Tana, and Duessel.
everyone seems to like ephraim, he does sure have some good fan art though
9684198.jpg

inkopolis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kkraid
The Sacred Stones recently got released in the US, so I've been playing it. I think it's fun so far, although Eirika hasn't gotten any strength level ups yet :(

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I've liked every Fire Emblem I've played, though I skipped a few (played 7-9 and Awakening). I've seen trailers and previews of Fates and it looks like fun (the fact that they changed how Pair Up works helps, that was way too good in Awakening), though I heard Nohr's campaign is like "older" FEs and I have no idea which older FEs that means.
Also, not sure I like that children are coming back. It was alright in Awakening because time travel, and it was probably okay in 4 because you had two generations (I haven't played that one, but it seems like the best execution of this concept in FE), but how's it going to work this time? Marriage returning is alright by me though, don't care one way or the other about that.
Also Hoshido's classes look cool, especially that guy in the lobster armor.

my problems with 13 aren't difficulty (FE8 is a personal favorite despite seth being able to solo it), it's character design and story
being absolutely outlandish and shallow. While I'll never say FE writers are necessarily bad, even I can do better than the second half of awakening
Ah, I don't remember Awakening's plot too well (just the broad strokes, really), so what was so bad about the second half? Also, when exactly does the second half begin, is it when you go to Valm, or after you get back from Valm, or sometime while you're in Valm?

I have no beef with casual mode, it's logical to me. I just wish they make it so there were negative trade offs, no reason to throw the old fan base to the curb. Although phoenix mode just confuses me as to why they are adding it
Yeah, Phoenix Mode just seems stupid to me (seriously, reviving after 1 turn? What were they thinking?). What trade-offs would you have for Casual Mode, exactly?

The Sacred Stones recently got released in the US, so I've been playing it. I think it's fun so far, although Eirika hasn't gotten any strength level ups yet :(
Get used to it. Eirika never gets Strength for me. Come to think of it, she rarely got Defense or Resistance either, and that sucked too. If she weren't a Lord, I'd drop her for literally any other sword user. Even Colm, at least he could dodge.
Still, you have the God Unit that is Seth accompanying you from the first chapter, so you probably won't have too bad a time if he doesn't get screwed (which isn't a sure thing, my Seths are universally awful somehow).

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Ah, I don't remember Awakening's plot too well (just the broad strokes, really), so what was so bad about the second half? Also, when exactly does the second half begin, is it when you go to Valm, or after you get back from Valm, or sometime while you're in Valm?
Pretty much when the first war ends
the game has a two year gap
Then chrom decides to use all his past knowledge, regrets and sad memories from the previous war, to start another war.
Yeah, Phoenix Mode just seems stupid to me (seriously, reviving after 1 turn? What were they thinking?). What trade-offs would you have for Casual Mode, exactly?
nothing huge, something like slightly lower stat growths or maybe an extra gaiden chapter for those who go classic. That's the thing about old FE fans, it doesn't take much for them to be in it for a harder difficulty. Hell I know every single boss that has a drop item in a survive so many turns chapter, taunts players in their sleep if they don't get it (at least it does for me)
I've liked every Fire Emblem I've played, though I skipped a few (played 7-9 and Awakening). I've seen trailers and previews of Fates and it looks like fun (the fact that they changed how Pair Up works helps, that was way too good in Awakening), though I heard Nohr's campaign is like "older" FEs and I have no idea which older FEs that means.
Also, not sure I like that children are coming back. It was alright in Awakening because time travel, and it was probably okay in 4 because you had two generations (I haven't played that one, but it seems like the best execution of this concept in FE), but how's it going to work this time? Marriage returning is alright by me though, don't care one way or the other about that.
Also Hoshido's classes look cool, especially that guy in the lobster armor.
  1. you should play FE4 because someone thought weapons with base 30 power that give 30 points in stat boosts should be a thing
  2. I remember there being a supposed leak about it, but apparently that leak is fake... so idk, hope they handle it better this time if they do

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
From what I've heard there was a fake leak on top of a real leak and that marriages with children appearing from nowhere is indeed happening. I'm fine with marriages but yeah shoving in kids again is just sort of ... why?

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Pretty much when the first war ends
the game has a two year gap
Then chrom decides to use all his past knowledge, regrets and sad memories from the previous war, to start another war.
Eh, I never had a problem with Valm, mostly because it felt kinda difficult at times (this was on Normal, admittedly, but everything before that outside of Gangrel was a bit too easy and everything after Walhart wasn't really hard so much as kinda annoying so...) and also I kinda liked Walhart.
Although my memory is failing me right now, so did Chrom & co. actually have to go to war again? I want to say yes, but I don't remember.
Now after they get back from Valm, that's where I remember things getting kinda stupid (and boring; seriously, the paralogue were the only hard things left; I need to play on Hard some time). Seriously, they trusted Validar? Was there any reason for that?

nothing huge, something like slightly lower stat growths or maybe an extra gaiden chapter for those who go classic. That's the thing about old FE fans, it doesn't take much for them to be in it for a harder difficulty. Hell I know every single boss that has a drop item in a survive so many turns chapter, taunts players in their sleep if they don't get it (at least it does for me)
Yeah, I hate those bosses, always try to demolish them for their stuff if my party's any good.
And that sounds like a good balance for Phoenix Mode, having weaker units that always come back when they die.

you should play FE4 because someone thought weapons with base 30 power that give 30 points in stat boosts should be a thing
W-
Wha-
30 Might with 30 points of stat boosts? A-are they all in the same stat, or is it like +5 to everything?
Who thought that was a good idea? Are the enemies ridiculously strong, are my units ridiculously fragile, or will I be going on a rampage as soon as I get them? Because that's my experience with weapons even close to that powerful (in Sacred Stones, where they were kinda broken in the last few chapters, but still), I throw them into the nearest pack of enemies, sit back and enjoy the bloodbath.
And while I'm on the subject of past Fire Emblems, I heard Thracia 776 was insanely hard. Is it?

I remember there being a supposed leak about it, but apparently that leak is fake... so idk, hope they handle it better this time if they do
I didn't do much with the children my first time through (got them in later playthroughs, but I assumed they were mostly getting lucky with growth rates), so what exactly was the problem with Awakening's children from a gameplay standpoint? Is it that they get too many classes (especially any related to Robin, seriously, is Morgan supposed to be that good?)? Are they supposed to be much better than their parents 90% of the time, or do all my non-future characters keep getting screwed?

inkopolis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kkraid
Just bought FE7 from the eShop. Can you guys tell me what you think of it?

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Just bought FE7 from the eShop. Can you guys tell me what you think of it?
Well, it was my first FE (and the first one released in the US, I think), and it's tied for my favorite with the part of Path Of Radiance I remember playing,
It has a tutorial you can't skip the first time through (and unless you want a harder time, you probably shouldn't skip anyway), and it can get pretty hard at times (that damn desert chapter in particular can go straight to hell), but other than that I love it!
Also it has Eliwood, who's probably the most consistent Lord in any of the games I've played (7, 8, some of 9, 13), always does decently but never excels, never seen him get screwed though so I dunno.
Also, get used to praying to the RNG that Lyn gets Strength and Hector gets Skill and Speed every time they level up, they're pretty much crippled if they don't get those at least some of the time (otherwise, Lyn deals minimal or no damage, while Hector can't hit anything and gets doubled by everything).

Incidentally, to anyone who's played FE6:
Should I try FE6? I want to be ause it's a GBA FE and I liked those and it continues from FE7 (it does, right?), and also it has Roy, but I'm worried that having played 7 first might make me dislike it since it came first.
Also, is Roy a good Lord like Eliwood? Because I've heard he's terrible.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
Has anyone seen the recent Fire Emblem Fates streams?

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I didn't do much with the children my first time through (got them in later playthroughs, but I assumed they were mostly getting lucky with growth rates), so what exactly was the problem with Awakening's children from a gameplay standpoint? Is it that they get too many classes (especially any related to Robin, seriously, is Morgan supposed to be that good?)? Are they supposed to be much better than their parents 90% of the time, or do all my non-future characters keep getting screwed?
Any children from an even half decent pairing are objectively better than their patents since they get base stats + 1/2 of each parents current stats on top of getting each parents most recently learned skill. This can make some RIDICULOUSLY BROKEN units. Also a lot of the child units are pretty flat and boring/tropes, but that's more of a personal opinion thing.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Any children from an even half decent pairing are objectively better than their patents since they get base stats + 1/2 of each parents current stats on top of getting each parents most recently learned skill.
Ah, so that's why all my children are broken (except Lucina, she's about as good as most of the other Lords in the series, but I'm judging her on a scale that includes Sigurd so...).
Did FE4 handle the children thing better? I'm reading an LP of it right now, and the children units there seem about as great as the Awakening ones.

Also a lot of the child units are pretty flat and boring/tropes, but that's more of a personal opinion thing.
Yeah, I found most of them dull too, except Brady (was... not expecting that, to say the least, and he's a solid healer too) and Yarne (his IDON'TWANNADIE thing at least had a logical explanation, and he was pretty reliable for me), maybe Nah too (might not be personality, I don't recall it much, I really like having multiple dragons though). Lucina was alright too, I kinda wish she joined later though (maybe after Valm, or just when you meet Tiki), or maybe if she did more once she was in your party (from what I recall, her presence isn't particularly important in Valm, and her only important scene is
trying to kill Robin after he gives Validar the Fire Emblem.

Y'know, fun as it was, the trek to Valm really seems like padding now that I'm looking back on it.

Has anyone seen the recent Fire Emblem Fates streams?
What Fire Emblem Fates streams? I thought that wasn't coming out until tomorrow.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Ah, so that's why all my children are broken (except Lucina, she's about as good as most of the other Lords in the series, but I'm judging her on a scale that includes Sigurd so...).
Did FE4 handle the children thing better? I'm reading an LP of it right now, and the children units there seem about as great as the Awakening ones.

Yeah, I found most of them dull too, except Brady (was... not expecting that, to say the least, and he's a solid healer too) and Yarne (his IDON'TWANNADIE thing at least had a logical explanation, and he was pretty reliable for me), maybe Nah too (might not be personality, I don't recall it much, I really like having multiple dragons though). Lucina was alright too, I kinda wish she joined later though (maybe after Valm, or just when you meet Tiki), or maybe if she did more once she was in your party (from what I recall, her presence isn't particularly important in Valm, and her only important scene is
trying to kill Robin after he gives Validar the Fire Emblem.

Y'know, fun as it was, the trek to Valm really seems like padding now that I'm looking back on it.

What Fire Emblem Fates streams? I thought that wasn't coming out until tomorrow.
From what ive heard in 4 you're more passing down weapons and the strength of them is based on how many enemy units were kod by that particular unit, so it's pretty easy to screw yourself over if you were over using a few units. There's also the fact that you lose like all but two of the original generation, so it's not a direct competition.

Lucina can be REALLY GOOD but her best mom is Olivia who you get literally the map that Chrom's going to decide his wife on, so you have to not support him with anyone and then get enough support points in that battle with Olivia.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
You have not heard? It's been released early in Hong Kong (I may have gotten the location wrong) early, by accident I may note.

Some backstory: I hail from Serenes Forest, which I'm sure at least some of you inklings have heard of (or maybe some of you are also from there!). Anyways, if you don't know, Serenes Forest is this huge Fire Emblem site, which holds data for all the Fire Emblem games (you should google serenes forest) And BECAUSE Fire Emblem is so heavy there (due to being a Fire Emblem forum), news flies around fast, and I mean FAST.

Data publically known about Fire Emblem Fates: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/
By the way, the site is under heavy traffic right now because there are so many users because of the leaks. It's usually not this slow...

There are has been leaks of the Hoshido route up to Chapter 11! I have not watched the Nohr streams though...

Some cool things to note: Anna is back (as guessed)! And the blue maid is finally revealed (took long enough lol).

Below are spoilers. Be careful, because they include the portraits of many of the Fire Emblem Fates characters (that includes the children of some characters). Also, not sure if it's confirmed or not, but the children belong to males now, not females.

Anyways, we all know that Luna, Lazward, and Odin are all clear references to Severa, Indigo, and Owain. These three characters (alongside Lucina) were the three most popular children characters in Awakening.

Because of that, some folks at Serenes inferred that there also must be a "Not Cordelia", "Not Tharja", and "Not Gaius", because those three were the three most popular first generation units in Awakening (alongside Chrom). Go ahead and see if you can spot them in the image (NOTE: they have different hair colors than their Awakening versions, unlike Luna, Lazward, and Odin).

Serenes Forest has SO MUCH detail on the leaks, I don't even know if it's good to share here XD. But here is a link to all the info.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54871&p=3831198

And here is the quote version (if you don't want to click the link):

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed and those who kept the hype train running.

Unfortunately I messed up all but one of the quote tags, so I dunno who wrote what.

Stream links

Hamayama's archived stream
Starts at ~ 04:20:00

Special Edition

"Mature" male Avatar

"Mature" female Avatar

Only two builds per gender.

Avatar asset and flaw still present, but you pick from "descriptions", not stats. Eg. agile, frail.

Can also pick a "talent/quality", which seems to align with a class (eg. Priestess). May be a secondary class or simply affects your stats/growths.

Early-game

Hoshido army vs Nohr army

Literally "Chapterless" or "no Chapter".

Chapter 5

Hooded man steals the Avatar's Ganglari and causes it to explode.

Mikoto jumps in to save Avatar from the hooded man's attack.

Ryoma strikes down hooded man, but he defeated an illusion.

Avatar goes "berserk" and transforms into a dragon.

Avatar can be controlled still. Class: Dragon. Weapon: Water Droplets.

After the battle, Azura/Aqua tries to calm the Avatar.

Draconic power is sealed and becomes a dragonstone.

Mid-game

Flora the Maid is an enemy

Has a staff that prevents units from moving.

Appears in dialogue later.

Mozume and the Faceless

Characters

Note: Guest units (recruited via StreetPass/Internet/Amiibo) have a "shield" icon next to them.

Mozume (Villager) is available in Nohr too.

Flannel the Garou

Yukimura the Puppeteer with glasses. Hoshido's tactician (NPC?).

He falls off a bridge in the Infinite Chasm

Flora

She's an enemy in the Ice Tribe chapter (8 or 9), but doesn't die apparently.

Anna (NPC)
Izana (NPC?)

Yuugiri (Golden-kite Warrior)

Coolia the Ice Tribe's leader (NPC?)

Other stuff

Marx/Xander's sword is Siegfried

Takumi's bow is the Wind-god Bow (like Ryoma's Thunder-god Katana)

Effie/Elfie - Rod Knight
Arthur/Harold - Cavalier
Silas - Mercenary

Supports

You can S Support Nohr siblings

...and Hoshido siblings

Additional details
Same-gender characters (not Avatar) get A+ Supports
(Maybe only certain pairings?)
Leo can S Rank Azura, but not Elise

Female Kanna

Sakura and Avatar's daughter

Dragon

Male Kanna

Flannel and Avatar's son

Managarm

Velour
Flannel and Avatar's daughter
Reclassed to Dark Blood

Hint: Flannel and Velour are both types of fabric.

My Castle

Accessed via Lilith's powers/Dragon's Gate.

Available after Chapter 6 (at least in Hoshido; didn't see which chapter of Nohr)

3 My Castle appearances at the start
Hoshido
Wind Tribe
Izumo Duchy

Helpers include generic village male and woman

Convoy has 500 item space

Can visit people from the internet
See other people's name, campaign and Rating stat
There are rankings and friend settings

Menu:
Featured
Most Recent
Greeting Card
Castle Address
Ranking
Castle Name
Friend

Cool, you can buy skills from characters. But they can only be transferred to the same character and you can't buy the same skill. Costs about 250G, IIRC.

Body accessories

Sexy Swimuit
Bath Towel

No really. The first one puts female characters in a bikini.

Lodestar Marth (Amiibo)

Status screen

Running a shop

Interactions

Link Bonus

Get items by purchasing the 2nd or 3rd route.

Requires 2 routes:
Dread Scroll - Class-change to Dread Fighter (x2)
Divine Dragon Herb - All stats +1
Boots - Boosts Movement by 1

Requires 3 routes:
Dark Falcon Wing - Class-change to Dark Falcon (x2)
Divine Dragon Herb - All stats +1
Boots - Boosts Movement by 1

Communication Settings
StreetPass
SpotPass
Send Gameplay Info
Data Exchange
Show My Castle Address

Bonus Box
Castle (user) Ratings
Thoughts (about My Castle)
Accessories
Bond Units
Facilities
Ranking bonus

Comments:

Bonus Box doesn't seem to have Bonus Teams. Dunno what "Bond Units" are though.

Ranking bonus is for My Castle battles, I believe.

Dark Falcon seems to be a Nohr class, while Dread Fighter is Hoshido. Where'd Bride go?

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
From what ive heard in 4 you're more passing down weapons and the strength of them is based on how many enemy units were kod by that particular unit, so it's pretty easy to screw yourself over if you were over using a few units. There's also the fact that you lose like all but two of the original generation, so it's not a direct competition.
Ah, that would make sense.

Lucina can be REALLY GOOD but her best mom is Olivia who you get literally the map that Chrom's going to decide his wife on, so you have to not support him with anyone and then get enough support points in that battle with Olivia.
Olivia's the best mom? I would've thought it was Sumia, what with passing down Pegasus Knight and regular Knight and all.
Or Robin, giving Lucina all the classes seems pretty broken to me.

You have not heard? It's been released early in Hong Kong (I may have gotten the location wrong) early, by accident I may note.

Some backstory: I hail from Serenes Forest, which I'm sure at least some of you inklings have heard of (or maybe some of you are also from there!). Anyways, if you don't know, Serenes Forest is this huge Fire Emblem site, which holds data for all the Fire Emblem games (you should google serenes forest) And BECAUSE Fire Emblem is so heavy there (due to being a Fire Emblem forum), news flies around fast, and I mean FAST.
Oh hey, I lurk there!

Serenes Forest has SO MUCH detail on the leaks, I don't even know if it's good to share here XD. But here is a link to all the info.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54871&p=3831198

And here is the quote version (if you don't want to click the link):
Ah, thanks man.

Tommy

Inkling
NNID
boopkabam
You lurk there? Awesome! Now the next step is to actually make an account XD.

By the way... TIME FOR SKILLS! (Galeforce is back, woo! Might function differently though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom