• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Fresh Faces, Crossover Conundrum (IC)

Cephalobro

"Hoopa has once brought me to Hoenn of all places, I was in Unova, which is a region that's too far to make it into a single day, and yet, it only took a minute for Hoopa to do just that. If you see a portal inside a gold ring, that's Hoopa's doing." Kyurem tells the group.

"So you're saying is that we have to keep seeing new portals open until one with a gold ring appears? You do know that with each portal opened means someone or something not from this world is now forced to be in it, right?" Coral says, not wanting to wait for the lucky moment.

"There is not another way to do this, unfortunately." Kyurem replies.

"Well then, if we have to find this Hoopa thing, then we should split up. We meet up again here, where the Warp Star is." Coral decides.

"You must know what Hoopa looks like, it's a humanoid with horns, you should be able to see the rings hung on those horns." Kyurem explains Hoopa's basic appearance.

With that Kyurem takes flight to the sky, going in one direction. Coral superjumps to the opposite direction.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Kirby stays in Inkopolis Square to try and protect his Warp Star on his own. If he can get back home, Kirby can put his Warp Star in Kabu’s safe haven, where it takes time to recover.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral lands in Urchin Underpass, where he presumably heard of a unique-looking portal appearing. He isn't worried since ink battles don't take place in Urchin Underpass anymore, he's more focused on finding a portal that has a golden ring around it.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Blaze is falling, wondering what's going until Marina catches him. "Hey, Pearl, come take a look at this," says Marina, calling for her bandmate to come and see what's up. "Marina, what the fresh heck is this?" Pearl asks after seeing Blaze. "I'm not sure," Marina replies. "I have a name, ma'am," says Blaze. "Holy carp, it spoke! 'Rina, you getting this?" Pearl says, shocked. "I'm getting it, Pearlie. Alright, then... um, sir... what is it?" Marina asks. "My name is Blaze. Nice to meet you," Blaze answers, introducing himself. "Nice to meet you, Blaze. My name is Marina Ida, but you can just call me Marina if you'd like," says Marina, introducing herself. "What's up, Blaze? I'm Pearl Houzuki. You can just call me Pearl," says Pearl, introducing herself, as well.

Cephalobro

Coral suddenly spots a golden ring with a portal inside appearing. He sees a humanoid creature with horns coming out of said portal, not forcefully, but willingly. As per Kyurem's description, the creature has rings around its horns.

"That must be Hoopa." Coral says in his thoughts, "I have to tell Kyurem about this."

(I have no idea how to roleplay Hoopa.)

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(I can work with that)

Hoopa Unbound looks at Coral, its eyes glowing red. How it managed to travel through its rings, even it has no idea. How did it do that? How did it get separated from its other half? It launches a Dark Pulse at Coral.

Cephalobro

"Yikes!" Coral exclaims as he barely dodges the Dark Pulse, then becomes his octopus form and superjumps back to Inkopolis Square.

Meanwhile, Kyurem manages to spot Hoopa already on attack.

"Bazazakyurom?" [Why must I do everything for humanoids?] Kyurem asks before flying toward Hoopa.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(If your character is from a universe other than Splatoon, they fall in the portals that Hoopa made, and when they land, they wake up, dazed and confused as to where they are. Their job is to learn all they can about Hoopa and how to defeat it, all the while learning about the Splatoon universe.)

Cephalobro

(I didn't know this was Hoopa's doing, to be perfectly honest, I thought it was some other threat.)

Kyurem sees Hoopa trying to attack Coral.

"Bazakyurom." [I have to stop Hoopa from attacking my ally.] Kyurem says before charging up a Dragon Pulse, then launching it at Hoopa.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hoopa Unbound throws a Shadow Ball towards Inkopolis Square, and the sight of it seems to catch Marina's attention. "What is that?!" asks the Octoling. "I don't know, Marina. We'd better go check it out," says Pearl. Marina holds onto Blaze, and she and Pearl run to the source of the Shadow Ball.

Cephalobro

"Bazazakyurom!" [That's it! You're going down!] Kyurem yells as the wires connect to his tail and uses a Fusion Bolt, intending to tackle Hoopa Unbound with the move.

Cephalobro

Meanwhile Coral makes his way to Inkopolis Square, ready to fight Hoopa Unbound if need be to save Inkopolis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom