• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Future buffs and nerfs

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Wouldn't Damage Up still do the same for Squiffers? It would take about the charge time of a Bamboozler to splat.
If anything Bamboozlers would be redundant and also weak for having a 1.5HKO.
It actually doesn't. Damage up does not lower the amount of charge the squiffer needs to kill. It does increase the damage of an uncharged shot, but never to a one hit KO. I'd also like to adf that thr bamboozler keeps the same range, no matter the charge. And it's 1 full charge and 1 uncharged shot is still incredibly fast. I'll link a video showing that the splat charger actually becomes faster than the squiffer. Also this was pre-2.2.0 so the e-litre time is incorrect.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
it really frustrates me that by putting on some damage ups with very little consequence to their playstyle, normal chargers are able to charge a OHKO in just as short a time as me EVEN WHEN i time my approach so that it begins the moment after they've released a shot.

it makes the squiffer and its bizarre subs feel like a guilty pleasure rather than an effective weapon, and normal chargers don't even need damage ups to be powerful in the first place...
Well, the Squiffer still charges faster than the Splat Charger with Damage Ups. But the difference isn't big enough to justify using it. The Splat Charger is inferior at those ranges, yes, but it ALSO has the capacity to cover much greater ranges as well. The E-liter, in turn, while being less effective than Splat Chargers at those ranges is effective at even greater ranges. It creates a trickle-down effect where E-liters muscle out the other chargers on almost every map and become an over-centralizing force in the metagame. It doesn't help that the standard E-liter has the greatest kit a charger could EVER hope for with Burst Bombs to cover its close-quarters "weakness" (insert another rant about how Damage Up synchronizes so well with both the sub AND MAIN WEAPON here) and Echolocators to provide amazing team support without having to move from a defensive perch as well as exposing any potential sneak attempts. If Damage Up didn't shorten charge time, E-liters would have to ask themselves "Okay, is it worth it to have powerful Burst Bombs at the cost of Ink Recovery Up or Swim Speed Up? Or what about Run Speed to strafe while I snipe?" It stagnates the charger meta by preventing other builds from rising up. Nothing on E-liters merits using over Damage Up + Ink Recovery Up (Maybe Cold Blooded or Tenacity could fit in there).

Also, Bamboozlers exist now which further muscles out the Squiffer. They kill very well and with much less commitment than the Squiffer while also having amazing kits.

TunaMayo

Inkling
It actually doesn't. Damage up does not lower the amount of charge the squiffer needs to kill. It does increase the damage of an uncharged shot, but never to a one hit KO. I'd also like to adf that thr bamboozler keeps the same range, no matter the charge. And it's 1 full charge and 1 uncharged shot is still incredibly fast. I'll link a video showing that the splat charger actually becomes faster than the squiffer. Also this was pre-2.2.0 so the e-litre time is incorrect.
Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying.
Yeah, I do know about the Bamboozler. Which is why I said 1.5HKO lol
One full charge shot and then a second tap of the trigger. I guess it would be like a 1.2HKO, but you get the point.

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
The vibe I'm picking up here is that you just want people to agree with you instead of proving your point to those who disagree.
Nice Vibes! Here's 400 coins! lol Judd
No one has to prove anything. d: If people disagree, then they disagree. That's all there is to it. Everyone has their own opinion on what should be nerfed and buffed.
Honestly, we're sort of wasting time thinking of what could be and how things could change, but we can't change any of that. We have to deal with what the creators throw at us and adapt.

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
The vibe I'm picking up here is that you just want people to agree with you instead of proving your point to those who disagree.
well yeah,it's human nature.we WANT to feel special,we WANT for people to be on our side,we WANT to always be right,but the thing we don't want is to hear is negativety.we try so hard to avoid it,but the truth is,it's unavoidable,but i try not to get into arguments because well,i just don't like to argue with other people,and what do get in the end?an ego boost?pride?To know that you're better than the other person?I find it better to just agree with them while stating my own opinions,but that doesn't mean that i'm a pushover,it's just that i try not to argue with other people,but i guess you just can't avoid that on the internet now can you?

so how about this.i'll try to state my facts and opinions and be more confident in myself then in favor of relying on other people.

Last edited:

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
It actually doesn't. Damage up does not lower the amount of charge the squiffer needs to kill. It does increase the damage of an uncharged shot, but never to a one hit KO.
Actually, it can; it just takes an impractical amount of Damage Ups.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Actually, it can; it just takes an impractical amount of Damage Ups.
An uncharged Squiffer caps at 49.9. So it can only 3HKO after 3 mains + 2 Subs. Like you said impractical, but still a 3HKO regardless. Now, perhaps that's different with a some what charged shot, but when I think uncharged, I automatically assume a single split second trigger pull, like that of a Nozzlenose. If they're talking about partially charged shots, then that may be a different story.

All this talk about the squiffer is really making me want to pick it up.

Last edited:

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
And uncharged Squiffer caps at 49.9. So it can only 3HKO after 3 mains + 2 Subs. Like you said impractical, but still a 3HKO regardless. Now, perhaps that's different with a some what charged shot, but when I think uncharged, I automatically assume a single split second trigger pull, like that of a Nozzlenose. If they're talking about partially charged shots, then that may be a different story.

I definitely agree. I had the other definition of "uncharged" molded together with "partially charged", so my bad on the lack of clarity.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
And uncharged Squiffer caps at 49.9. So it can only 3HKO after 3 mains + 2 Subs. Like you said impractical, but still a 3HKO regardless. Now, perhaps that's different with a some what charged shot, but when I think uncharged, I automatically assume a single split second trigger pull, like that of a Nozzlenose. If they're talking about partially charged shots, then that may be a different story.

I literally just tried an uncharged squiffer shot with 3 mains and 3 subs and it does 50.5 damage, so it can become a 2 hiy KO, with a lot of damage up that is.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I literally just tried an uncharged squiffer shot with 3 mains and 3 subs and it does 50.5 damage, so it can become a 2 hiy KO, with a lot of damage up that is.

This is what I'm getting. Unless Splatools is wrong, which it could be, you performed a miracle lol.

Rivian

Inkling
NNID
Rivian13
In my honest opinion, I think E-liter's need to either be nerfed with range or damage. I've experienced being sniped from across Bluefin too many times to count. I find it a little annoying to be on such a small map with a weapon's who's range pretty much covers the entire thing. Not to mention they benefit from damage ups, so that's even more of a friggin' headache.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
It's been known for some time that Chargers (which all normally deal 40 damage with uncharged shots, except for the Bamboozler) can use Damage Up to boost their uncharged shots past 50 damage per shot. I can't remember whether anyone has ever specifically tested it with a Squiffer, but I don't see any reason it should be different.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
So, like I said, all the talk about the Squiffer made me want to pick it up, so while doing so, I went ahead and looked for any Damage main gear that had 1 damage sub, and I was lucky enough to have 3 subs between three different sets of gear.

Tested it, and it does do 50.5, not sure what's wrong with Splatools but that calculation is wrong.

KayB

Semi-Pro Squid
Besides, the .52 and .96 Deco both have a major counter, that most people don't realize, because it is such a underutilized sub weapon: disruptors. Because of the wall nerf, a .96 Deco has to commit to a wall, and as soon as they do, throw a disruptor over the wall. Also if they stand in the wall, then just throw the disruptor at the wall. This disruption ia sometimes manageable by the .52, but the .96 Deco has a choice of staying put, which reduces their special charging, super jumping back to base, which takes them out of the battle for 5-10 seconds, or getting splatted by myself or a teammate. The .52 can hold their ground better, since they use less Ink per shot, but they still contemplate the above options.

Disruptors are a counter, but because they are on so few kits, they are not well known to do so. Last night in a S+ tower control on Walleye, I was facing a .52, and two .96 Decos. We won because they hardly ever got to the tower, only their kraken pushing for them got them anywhere. I constantly disrupted them, they could hardly move. Then after I used my bubbler to splat 3 of them, we pushed and got the lead. We won, because I made sure they weren't getting on the tower hardly ever. Their walls can't stop the disruptors, and the 2 shot kill won't affect me if I stay out of their range. Don't nerf the weapons, just outplay the users.
Honestly disruptors are really underrated in general. I think you could even argue that it's the best sub weapon in the game besides maybe inkwall.

Totally not a salad

Inkster Jr.
So what i can gather from this tread people want:

The H-3 should get a buff - very necessary

The sloshing machine to be buffed - also necessary

The inkbrush should have a higher damage output - yeah

Rework the Splash Wall so that it's more about defense rather to use in offense - well,splash walls are being used to offensive when they really shouldn't,so...

Ink Mines need to go off quicker - you could be standing on top of it and still notice it and get away before it explodes

Seekers need faster movement and less ink usage - well,i don't know about the faster movement but i can agree to less ink usage

More range for the Hydra - don't really see why,but then again i don't use the Hydra

Aerospray and Inkbrush more range or something - there both fine in range,and if you want more range,then why don't you use the octobrush?

For damage up no longer affects chargers - they should be like the game intended them to be,long range weapons with short range limitations,not a call of duty
quick scoping sniper

Buff ink saver sub - they really need that buff.The only way i can think you can make the ink saver sub more effective is to also have ink recovery

Inkstrike should be faster - the chances of you getting a kill with the inkstrike is greater then getting a perfect reroll

Ninja squid - this ability is even more worthless than reacon,because you can already do that without the ability

Nerf the luna blaster - there not that bad for people with longer range weapons it's the shorter range weapon that really have a hard time with them

Gals - just decrease the firerate,enough said

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
More range for the Hydra - don't really see why,but then again i don't use the Hydra
Maybe I should elaborate on this one more. The range on the Hydra is pretty good as is, I'm not saying it's bad, it's just very unfortunate that you absolutely have to get the jump on Splatterscopes in order to get them before they get you. Despite both having the same range, the Hydra, like any other weapon, loses power after the arch in its shot, meaning instead of the typical 4 shots it takes to kill, it takes about 6-8. If they pushed the range a little further it'd have an easier time with one of the few things that can take it on from so far away.
In other words, unless it's a Bamboozler, or Squiffer at the end of your shot, they are likely going to get you first at your furthest range. It's great for suppression fire, but I think it'd be much better if it were capable of pushing the weapons in the back (aside from the ELiter of course) even further back. Perhaps that's a personal preference, but I do feel the Hydra should have enough range so that it can at least run the chance of at least trading vs. a good Splatterscope.
Not saying it absolutely needs a buff like, say the Inkbrush, Ink mine, and Saver Sub do, but it could use it.

And I definitely wouldn't be complaining

sammich

Inkling Cadet
So, like I said, all the talk about the Squiffer made me want to pick it up, so while doing so, I went ahead and looked for any Damage main gear that had 1 damage sub, and I was lucky enough to have 3 subs between three different sets of gear.

Tested it, and it does do 50.5, not sure what's wrong with Splatools but that calculation is wrong.
so it COULD 2HKO with enough damage ups?
but would that be worth it given uncharged **** range and fire rate, in lieu of mobility+ gear?

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
so it COULD 2HKO with enough damage ups?
but would that be worth it given uncharged **** range and fire rate, in lieu of mobility+ gear?
Absolutely not lol. It's not like the Squiffer has a long enough charge time to warrant this. In the time it takes to shoot twice you could have probably just Charged up and got the OHKO. I'd much rather invest in other abilities to maximize on the Squiffers mobility and such. No reason to invest so much into damage up that you only have 6 sub slots to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom