• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Get to know the REAL you!

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Well, why not?

1. Pessimist, yes. I focus on the worse sides / outcomes of most things.
2. A little anarchist. Anarchy forever!
3. Lover of most genres of video games
4. Cats. Cats are my life.
5. Currently learning HTML.
6. I love colourful things. Yes, that's how I spell colourful.
7. I have a stammer, which I try desperately to keep under control.
8. Marie for live!

I thinks that it.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
4) I'm a transgirl. [/SIZE]
JOIN MY GROUP/SQUAD OF GAY(Lgbtqia+) FRIENDS you too Emily!!!!! we need more than 4 people! we need a billion we must be friends
http://squidboards.com/threads/heros-lgbt-squad-recruiting-thread.8645/

Following rules of my own thread:

- I'm a lesbian with a huge straight crush on Avan Jogia and John Stamos...
- I wear a night guard when I sleep because grinding teeth sucks ***
- I am still fat
- I own over 10 Japanese Lolita coords (Outfits)
- I suck at drawing people kissing... *CRIES*
- My fave non chocolate candy is Life Savers gummies!!!!

kellie

Inkling
NNID
tristessa78
Pretty boring info....

I moved to the US 8 years ago to marry a guy I met online
Turned out he was a douche
Currently live in Pittsburgh
Australia is my home country
Neighbor had a pet kangaroo which scared the crap out of me
Love Nine Inch Nails
Taught myself how to play the guitar and bass

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Pretty boring info....

I moved to the US 8 years ago to marry a guy I met online
Turned out he was a douche
Currently live in Pittsburgh
Australia is my home country
Neighbor had a pet kangaroo which scared the crap out of me
Love Nine Inch Nails
Pittsburgh is nice I've been there several times(99% of the time it's for a concert) at least you're away from huge spiders like in Australia! :-0

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I'm not that into squads, but I'll happily join the group (if I understand how it works) and I'd love to hang out with you guys.
You don't have to be in the "squad" you can just join the group chat on skype (if not that okay)

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I'm not that into squads, but I'll happily join the group (if I understand how it works) and I'd love to hang out with you guys.
Not to worry. I just looked at it not too long ago. You are at least suggested to have a Skype. They do go on Splatoon but that's more a pre-requisite for those that have the game and wanna join in battles.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Swam across the equator.
Can be seen on top of the pit at a Gwar show that was shown on Jerry Springer.
Used to race BMX.
Collect dice.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
I have a really odd variety of talents that are not very connected
I play piano, cello, and tennis
I am a certified scuba diver
I ride horses
I like anime and I love all cute things anime, like it is kinda weird how much I love cute anime things.
I am mormon, (take are that as you will)
And I was adopted (not that that knowledge really has any bearing on my personality)
I am diagnosed with adhd and have an absolutely garbage, which can make school tricky.
I think that is about it really besides the video game part.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Edited to be more accurate to how am I now.
Kinda touchy stuff but whatever. 24 facts about me.

1. I am 25 of age and I'm male.
2. I am living with my brother who's really lazy and my mother, who I am taking care of and helping her get over a recent problem.
3. I am heterosexual. But I don't go looking for a relationship online. I do that out in the world.
4. I am a big guy, no one messes with me due to how big and tall I am.
5. I can't stand horror. I won't look at it and I won't ever play it.
6. I have the nasty combo of autism, aspergers, and ADHD.
7. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite game of all time.
8. Splatoon is the most I've been interested in a new Nintendo IP since Pokemon back in 1998.
9. I will stay by Nintendo for my life. When I get kids of my own, I will share Nintendo games with them, just like what my Grandmother did for us. (RIP)
10. I'm not a huge fan of the Xbox and Playstation but I'll buy them if enough games convince me.
11. I had a problem with playing online games in the past, but's it's gone now thanks to my friends and my group.
12. I prefer Octolings over Inklings.
13. Me and my brother are essentially Callie and Marie. I am pretty goofy and dumb ("LOVEEE!") and he's the sense of reality ("Money will fix our problems you dolt.").
14. I prefer Callie, but the Splatfest choice is dependent on my actual taste.
15. I drink a LOT of coffee. I love the taste, even if it's black.
16. Splatoon is the first and only game I play online with random people and my friends. You can say it completely changed me.
17. I love cars, and I mean, I LOVE cars. If the planets align, I would be driving a Porsche 918 Spyder. But I can't drive. I plan to though.
18. Games with customization are my favorite. I love making up OC's all the time.
19. I don't like TV Shows anymore, I kill time by playing games.
20. If a game offers a bridal dress as an option for my character, I'll wear it regardless of stats. I love the way they look.
21. I love metal, rock, alternative, classic rock, and dance music. Not a big fan of modern music but I love Disturbed, Slipknot, Genesis, Santana, and more.
22. I love drawing. I've done it since I was a kid. I'm planning on getting a drawing tablet and continuing my hobby on my computer.
23. Major fan of the PC. I do everything on it, even play games. It has some pretty powerful parts in it as a result.
24. I can't eat fast food unless it's pizza.

Last edited:

Kapus

Inkling
NNID
kaplus4
Not to worry. I just looked at it not too long ago. You are at least suggested to have a Skype. They do go on Splatoon but that's more a pre-requisite for those that have the game and wanna join in battles.
You don't have to be in the "squad" you can just join the group chat on skype (if not that okay)
oh okay then! I'd be overjoyed to be added to the skype group. My contact is kapus4.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Allright, I'll join the fun here.

-I've been a gamer my entire life. My mom likes to say that I got started at a year old. I like to say in response that she's missing a few screws. Either way though, it's my central interest and what I spend much of my time doing.

-I do not work. Wealth in the family, and I am also disabled. I do have other obligations though. In particular, I like to help friends/family when possible, or just make their days better. I visit my mom alot, as well as my grandmother, who live in the same area.

-Well, I SAY I dont work, but I guess I should say I dont work any normal jobs. I do ALOT of voluntary testing for indie developers, which can be.... time consuming and frustrating (ARGH BUG REPORTS). I've also now been contracted a couple of times to assist in development, due to a couple of very unique design-related skills I have. I am currently on 2 contracts with the same developer. One is pretty minor, the other will result in alot of me swearing at the screen. But I get a chance to help out, ease their burden (these guys sometimes work 12-hour days! Because they WANT to! Just... I.... what. I've much respect for them and what they do.) and assist in making a better final product. Sadly, ALOT of people will still balk at things like this, saying "Well you should do a REAL job. That gaming crap is just playing around!". I then try to resist the urge to throw a chair at them.

-I am autistic. Not self-diagnosed, either (some people get a bit strange about that bit, towards anyone that is self-diagnosed). It can cause pretty much all of the problems you might expect, but frankly, I dont want a cure. If I ever seem a bit bizarre or awkward on the forums here though, this is probably why.

-I am male, but I am kinda androgynous in appearance (which does include long hair, but it's more than just that). People can get a little, uh... strange about that one. Really strange.

-I like cosplay and conventions! I spend alot of time in the gaming room at these, naturally. They are tiring.

-I like to travel and do so whenever possible. Long car rides are loooooooooooooong.

-I hate cold things. Except dairy products. I looooove dairy products. Love them.

-I've got a very negative and dark personality. I apologize in advance if I get a bit unpleasant sometimes... just the way I am.

-Very good with animals. Usually dogs or cats. I love nature too. Even if it doesnt always love me back.

-I have anger issues.

-I tend to make REALLY LONG POSTS on forums. If you havent figured this out by now, then I.... I dont even.

-I'm REALLY sarcastic. I also have no patience.

-As gaming goes, I"m a big fan of bullet-hell shmups, roguelikes, and fighting games. I"m a bloody MASTER of fighting games, and pretty darn good at the shmups. I'm fantastically terrible at many first person shooters, and things like racing games. I dont understand sports games. I play TONS of indie games, and am much more a PC-gamer than a console gamer. But I'll try anything, really. As consoles go, I'm really liking the Wii U right now... very glad I bought that. Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, and Smash alone make the thing soooooo worth it. And then Binding of Isaac: Rebirth appeared on it too (which meant not having to put up with playing it on my damn WINDOWS machine), and all was good.

11. Due to events in the past, I will not play online games with people I don't know. I will play Splatoon with this forum because I know you guys.
I just wanted to say... I understand this one COMPLETELY. I really, really do.

As someone into PC gaming, that has played some of the "mobas", such as League of Legends and Dota, not to mention having often dealt with the nightmarish fighting game community, well... I"ve seen the worst of the worst, and I've seen what it does to people. It's HORRIBLE. Absolutely atrocious. That people are willing to act that way towards others...there's no excuse for it.

I still play games online, because I need some competition (and also because I still like the games in question), but I can get major anxiety about it sometimes.

As a result of all of that... I'm sooooooooooo glad that Splatoon doesnt have voice chat. Best damn idea I've seen in a multiplayer game in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I just wanted to say... I understand this one COMPLETELY. I really, really do.

As someone into PC gaming, that has played some of the "mobas", such as League of Legends and Dota, not to mention having often dealt with the nightmarish fighting game community, well... I"ve seen the worst of the worst, and I've seen what it does to people. It's HORRIBLE. Absolutely atrocious. That people are willing to act that way towards others...there's no excuse for it.

I still play games online, because I need some competition (and also because I still like the games in question), but I can get major anxiety about it sometimes.

As a result of all of that... I'm sooooooooooo glad that Splatoon doesnt have voice chat. Best damn idea I've seen in a multiplayer game in a long time.
The whole reason I gave Splatoon's online a chance is because of no voice chat. Seriously, it's a nice change of pace when you don't hear a 12-17 year old yelling at you for doing terribly when it's them that's being terrible.

My stomach couldn't handle the anxiety so I resort to splatting Octos in Single Player. I still have a darn good time playing this game. And I agree with you that the Wii U was a very wise purchase. I'm having a lot of fun with it and it was worth every penny for it.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
The whole reason I gave Splatoon's online a chance is because of no voice chat. Seriously, it's a nice change of pace when you don't hear a 12-17 year old yelling at you for doing terribly when it's them that's being terrible.

My stomach couldn't handle the anxiety so I resort to splatting Octos in Single Player. I still have a darn good time playing this game. And I agree with you that the Wii U was a very wise purchase. I'm having a lot of fun with it and it was worth every penny for it.
Ugh, yes, I hate when people do that. It happens sooooo often too, regardless of the player's age. I see it most in the mobas; someone makes a pile of mistakes, but of couse it's never THEIR fault, so they start screaming at some teammate who was supposed to magically know that they needed rescuing from the chainsaws that they just walked into. I actually end up playing a support role in games like this for that very reason: So that I can save teammates from themselves and prevent some trouble within the team. Fortunately, my reflexes and reaction speed is ridiculous. Because it's bloody amazing how QUICKLY they can manage to nearly destroy themselves. In pretty much any game. It's less of an issue in THIS game though, at least.

And I gotta say I was pretty surprised at the Wii U.... I really, REALLY didnt like the original Wii one bit. Those motion controls... I just cant stand them, never could. I really rather hated the thing. But this new one... so very good. I wish it would sell better for them though... this thing deserves more of the attention that it isnt quite getting. Though I think some of the more recent "big" releases like this game and Smash have probably helped a good bit, as sales go. Super Mario 3D World is excellent, too. I really need to finish that, but... Mario Maker...

Rob

Inkster Jr.
Welp I guess I'll give this a try.
- 16 years old
- currently in English class typing this
- basically no life's splatoon ever since I got it.
- pretty quiet guy
- Marie FTW
- Have a good paying job for being 16
- kinda introverted but I' can be kinda extroverted
- play some PC games but mostly stick to console due to lack of good PC
- have xbox 360 ans PS4
- Realized me making this list was a bad idea
- so many regrets
- my face when I realize this was a bad idea

Attachments

Last edited:

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Welp I guess I'll give this a try.
- 16 years old
- currently in English class typing this
- basically no life's splatoon ever since I got it.
- pretty quiet guy
- Marie FTW
- Have a good paying job for being 16
- kinda introverted but I' can be kinda extroverted
- play some PC games but mostly stick to console due to lack of good PC
- have xbox 360 ans PS4
- Realized me making this list was a bad idea
- so many regrets
- my face when I realize this was a bad idea
NOT A RARE PEPE 0/10

Reactions: Rob

MysticDarkz

Full Squid
- I'm a fan of Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
- I am currently 14 years old.
- I am horrible at certain video games (TF2 and Smash for example)
- I am a male.
- Metal and rock are my favorite music genres.
- I like to draw sometimes.
I'll have you know that I have the rarest pepes on my laptop.
pics or fake

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I'm really chubby but currently losing weight yay...*has lost 6 lbs*
I like to walk around my town, but it's super horrible and risky in my town and I underpronate.
I've never dyed my hair.
I have a dress in my closet that's 300 plus dollars :-0
Currently trying to get a job at pizza hut (and because I worked there for a short period I think I'll never eat there again though it's gross back there and I saw this guy spit on a pizza)
I have owned all Nintendo consoles EXCEPT the original NES
I also own other systems but eh
I have Bipolar II and BPD
I love to draw digitally but not traditionally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom