• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Get to know the REAL you!

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
1) I'm 27 and still in college, studying Chemistry.
Heh, you're not the only one. Well, I'm not that exact age (I usually prefer to stay silent about my age), and I study something else, but well. In any case, old(er9 student here too!

Anyway:
- I collect plushies. One of my most unusual possessions is, probably, a heart muscle cell.
- I also ended up collecting mugs lately for some reason.
- I suck at video games! :D
- I love wearing kodona. My closet is rather small in this regard, especially when it comes to "brand" items, but I'm constantly working on it. Being a more-or-les-ex cosplayer, I also recycled a few things from these times. Unfortunately, I currently hardly go out for meetups or photoshoots due to not feeling so well this year, but maybe I'll get back into it at some point. Even though I feel like I'm too old for all this...
- In fact, I have very, very low self esteem.
- besides German (my mother tongue), I also speak English (obviously), Japanese (kinda), Italian (some) and theoretically Latin (I have a school certificate, but that's it). I also understand some bits of French or Spanish, but not too much.
- i'm probably the biggest fan of a certain underappreciated anime (Star Driver) you'll find outside of Japan. Which is really suffering because hardly anyone around the internet seems to care for it anymore :<
- I usually keep most personal information, such as age, sexuality, family status and so on to myself and close friends, so I'll end this list now, because I have no idea what else to say

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Well i'm pretty anonymous here so here goes.

17/male
1) I have a phobia for jewelry. I don't know why, i just don't like the look and feel of jewelry. And i didn't have like a traumatic experience with it, it's just something i felt even when i was little, and later realized that it may be a phobia.
2) Mileena from Mortal Kombat to me is the sexiest fictional female character and a huge factor to this are her tarkatan teeth. Other factors inlude her hair, the fact that she wears purple which is my favorite color on girls (which is also why i like the octoling girls more than inkling girls), the way she dresses and her breasts.
3) I'm primarily straight, but i would date (have sex with) a guy if his mannerisms and looks were really feminine, like if you saw them on the streets you would mistake them for a girl.

yeah, these are what i think are the weirdest things about me :p

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Bah, I'm bored.
I'm a 15 year old kid, obviously still in High School.

1) When it comes to games, I am slightly weird in a sense with games. I always go for challenges, even if it's to my own detriment. (Champions Covenant in DS2, I hated it.)
2) When I was little, all I did to communicate with everyone else was make noises using my throat, they were bellowing, attention grabbing sounds. Ironically I became extremely quiet until Grade 5. When I encountered who would later become my best friend, who coaxed me out of my shell.
3) One time, I never learned how to bike. Yeah I know shocking! But it was mainly because I scraped my entire leg, right one and left one. It was painful. I didn't break any bones however.
4) I didn't know what perfume was when I was little, so I did the logical thing and investigated it myself. I went and sprayed it ALL into my eyes, needless to say I'm pretty fortunate I had my vision after that incident.
5) Entered a deal with a teacher to not lash out on other students in elementary. The deal was candy, I had a nasty sweet tooth back then and still do now.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
Here's more info about myself.
I love berries especially strawberries.
Before splatoon was a thing I was terrified of squids.
I'm a pretty tall person.
I take care of stray cats.
I get scared easily.
I love sweets especially chocolate
I've never been angry at anyone before.
I spend most of my time listening to music
and I like cooking for my family.

MysticDarkz

Full Squid
More things about me:
- I'm 15 now
- I'm very quiet
- Some people think I'm mute for being quiet (except my friends)
- I'm very peaceful
- I'm weird
- Not a big fan of anime but I like Nichijou (wish there was a season 2
)
- I usually play games like Guitar Hero, Terraria, Animal Crossing, shooters etc.
- My favorite instruments are the guitar and the drums and would like to learn one of those.

Last edited:

Bunnii

Inkling
NNID
NinjaBunnii99
- I'm currently 20 years old, but 21 in January (yay finally get to legally drink! sike Spring 2016 semester and I have class...)
- From California
- This is kinda embarrassing, but I've never been in a relationship before
- I suppose I'm demi-sexual
- Currently finishing my second year at community college
- I've failed my intermediate algebra class twice (I'm absolutely horrible at math)
- I've changed my major about 3 times
- I'm a major procrastinator and will do almost everything at the last possible minute
- I'm a pretty chill and laid back type of person and I'm down to do almost anything as long as it's safe and legal
- I took Japanese for 3 years in highschool and I remember some of it
- I LOVE Taylor Swift and I really want to go to one of her concerts, but no monies
- Pretty big K-Pop fan and I love groups such as 2NE1, Big Bang, SNSD, f(x), EXO, SHINee, Got7, Miss A although as of late I haven't really been into the genre
- Also a sucker for Korean dramas and I know all the K-drama tropes
- I'm half Filipino and I'm more in tuned with my Filipino side of my family, because my white family is pretty boring tbh...
- I'm an absolute TV junkie, although I never watch anything in real time just on Demand or download and I love watch shows like Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Once Upon A Time, iZombie, Scream Queens and currently watching Lost on Netflix(almost done with season 2, this show is a freakin roller coaster), and can't wait for Jessica Jones and Legends of Tomorrow!
- I NEVER EVER watch scary or horror movies because I will scream my head off
- I think I'm a pretty humorous person, people always seem to laugh at my jokes
- I love fart jokes
- I'm not really much a console person despite playing Splatoon, PC will forever be the master race
- I love playing League of Legends, but haven't played in a while (few months)
- A dream job for me would be being an ESL teacher in foreign countries and just getting to experience another part of the world like Korea, Japan, New Zealand

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
Oh wth i'll join in too (my whole story can be found in a different post)

1. I am a big sandwich nerd (like i eat them all the time)
2. I'm a horror film-watcher. I like Heavy Metal (Slipknot)
4. I'm a big time poster (on one forum i've posted 130 times in a month)
5. I have a Wii U, N64, 3DS, DS, PS3, and a GameCube (split between 2 houses that i live in)
6. I'm Kind of a celebrity in Portland (will post separate about this)
7. I am 18 years old
8. I have a weird mind (it likes to do things i don't want to do but do it anyway for the sake of my own damn brain :P)

9. (This is for any clan owners wanting me) Currently live one week with dad (this week) and one with mom (next week and every 2 weeks onward)
10: I love all things baseball and European football.

That's me in 10 stints, if you want more i posted my whole story somewhere in the forums. It's worth a read

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
  1. My mother didn't become a naturalized US citizen until 2012. I had de facto dual citizenship with the UK for about 20 years.
  2. I am a linguaphile. I studied Modern Standard Arabic for 3 years, did an immersive language program for the Jordanian dialect, and am currently trying to teach myself Japanese.
  3. I had to retake both Algebra I and II in high school.
  4. I love creative writing, but spend so much time doing academic writing I don't ever feel like doing it.
  5. My parents took my N64 away for a year.
  6. I love reading strategy guides for games I don't own and don't plan to get.
  7. I am currently uncertain whether I'm a kid nao or a squid nao.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
~ I'm much older than I look (26, pass as a middle or high schooler based on height alone)

~ I'm pretty outspoken on some things, though I look quiet and mousy.

~Still bite my nails. Well, one out of ten.
~Don't have any children, yet.
~ Have ADHD. It's much much better now compared to childhood, and I don't need anything for it.
~ A tiny Tsundere.

Agimé

Inkling
1. I have stitches.
2. I'm half-Finnish (many don't know this because I don't speak the language and think I'm 100% Swedish).
3. I am female. Sure, this may be an easy one if you saw me in real life, but people say I come across as "boyish" or "masculine". Online, I've been mistaken for a boy many times.
4. I'm bisexual. Although my close LGBT+ friends guessed I wasn't straight before I came out to them, I don't talk about it that much.
5. I'm an atheist. Both of my parents are religious, I have a Christian name and I go to church (not because I want to).

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
-I really like spicy food
-I'm a fan of Japan's Visual Kei scene
-I dislocated the left side of my jaw by yawning three times

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I'll be sociable. For once.

I'll start with the big one: I am an *******. I delight in schadenfreude, I mark very dark jokes, I seemingly know what buttons to push without trying... it's in my blood. It isn't all that I am, but it is my defining trait. Most of it results from me assuming that most everyone will react like I would. Of course, that never happens, and I end up having to somehow explain myself. So when I piss you off, just know that it's nothing personal. Just let me know that I stepped on some toes and I'll refrain from doing it again.

1. I'm 19-and-a-half as of this post.
2. I can be very lazy, but I will give it my all when doing something.
3. Despite being a California native, I cannot stand hot weather. Rain, wind, & snow are my jam.
4. I'm rather averse to spicy things. Chili is okay, though.
5. I'm also not a fan of salsas or salad dressing... if it's fluid and it's supposed to go on food, I won't like it.
6. I do like most veggies, but only if they've been cooked. I include tomatoes in this also, but only because raw tomato makes me want to puke.
7. Otherwise, I am very much a big eater. Stick a plate in front of me, and I'll finish it. (Especially meats.)
8. My family & friends think I'm some kind of giant... so I'm 6'2" & 260lbs, so what? I ain't that big.
9. In recent times I've become an animal lover—enough to make me seriously consider becoming a vet.
10. Speaking of all God's critters, I especially love gorillas. I liken them to distant cousins.
11. Speaking of God, I am in fact a Christian. Not as much as I should be, sadly.
12. I fancy myself something of a metalhead, but I'm open to any kind of music (bar house & modern pop).
13. I do a little bit of drawing here & there, nothing serious. Mostly cartoony stuff.
14. My main passion is music. All I have is a secondhand Squire bass & Garageband, though, so no recordings yet.
15. Lately I find myself fixated on Germanic languages, especially Old English. I don't know why.
16. I also find myself facinated with the runic alphabet. I also don't know why.
17. I'm not big on alcohol of any kind. I find it causes more trouble than it's worth.
18. I am a misanthrope. Not the Hatred kind (with one semi-serious exception), but the "why must everybody be so stupid" kind.
19. As a result of ^, I tend to be asocial. (Prejudice is a *****, yo.)
20. Weirdest of all, I seem to be attracted only to girls/women that have boyfriends already. Talk about awful luck...

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I'm 29.
I show art in galleries.
I play guitar, keyboard and bass
I drink too much and play videogames
I am not attracted to skinny girls
In highschool I was voted most unique, whatever that may mean.

buttpockets

Inkling
NNID
DuniaMimpi
1) I'm a highschool IB student, class of 2017
2) I've played the violin for 7 years
3) I've taken biology, chemistry and physiology
4) I'm in IB art and IB film
5) I'm planning on getting a nursing degree (BSN)

ProjectJ

Inkling
Why not?

1. I am a 25 year old male.

2. I have a Masters in Mental Health Counseling as of some weeks ago, but the job hunt sucks :(

3. I'm a long time gamer, but due to financial stress, had to largely give up buying new games in 2015. My favorite game is Custom Robo for the Gamecube.

4. I'm an animal guy at heart. Love cats and have had several, but my favorite animal is the bear :)

5. Used to be into anime and manga, but not anymore. My favorite anime is Yu Yu Hakusho, my favorite manga is Parasyte.

6. My favorite TV show is Breaking Bad.

7. I'm extremely close with my family, and I'd go to any lengths for them.

8. And one more to round us out. I love music of any and all genres, though I'm still rather selective if that makes sense. My favorite genre of music is swing music, but like I said, I dig all sorts.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
  • I AM 23 AND HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE ACTING LIKE AN ADULT
  • I don't know what I want to do with my life
  • My future looks bleak
  • I wish I were a teenager again so I wouldn't have to care about those things.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
  • I AM 23 AND HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE ACTING LIKE AN ADULT
  • I don't know what I want to do with my life
  • My future looks bleak
  • I wish I were a teenager again so I wouldn't have to care about those things.
I can relate 100%. I'm 23 as well.
D=
Me too, although I know what I want to do it just seems impossible

-_- Yay us!

Last edited:

BlackZero

Inkling Commander

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom