• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global October Splatfest: Trick vs Treat!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Is anyone else encountering Japanese players? And no, this wasn't a one off thing, I have encountered way too many this morning. It's so frustrating when you have a winning streak only for it to end in a loss because the matchmaking system isn't separating players by region.
I had one Japanese E-Litre completely locking me out in Ancho-V because he was able to just stand in mid the whole game. It was incredibly frustrating.

As usual the Splatfest started off atrocious but got easier by the end. I went 16-9 for Team Treat, but because of people that disconnected at the end some of them weren't registered on Splatnet; that number is probably a little off.

-and yes, this Shifty Station was garbage. I know people were psyched for Ride Rails to make an appearance but they're just annoying. On the plus side, I WAS able to pick off a ton of people as they jumped on the enemy entrance rail on the left.

Cephalobro

I had one Japanese E-Litre completely locking me out in Ancho-V because he was able to just stand in mid the whole game. It was incredibly frustrating.

As usual the Splatfest started off atrocious but got easier by the end. I went 16-9 for Team Treat, but because of people that disconnected at the end some of them weren't registered on Splatnet; that number is probably a little off.

-and yes, this Shifty Station was garbage. I know people were psyched for Ride Rails to make an appearance but they're just annoying. On the plus side, I WAS able to pick off a ton of people as they jumped on the enemy entrance rail on the left.
Yeah, things got better late yesterday, I even managed to lock Japanese players out of certain key areas in Skipper Pavilion. Even splatting their sniper who went after me. There were two laggy matches against Japanese players, but thanks to my N'Zap 85 strategy to never let go of key areas, we managed to win against them.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
my splatfest experience at the start was real bad! but usually with splatfests i do play alot on saturday x3 i gotta remember the matches that splatnet couldn't show anymore or somehow did not show up at all in splatnet but i think my total is...41-21 for Team Trick :D most of these losses were on the shifty station but that is not suprising to me haha, i must honestly admit that i didn't expect my end results to be like this since it started off so horribly bad for me >.< and my clout was around the 10100 something..not sure or this is decent/good but i at least tried my best right? ^^''

but at the end of the day i am happy i got to play on some of my fave stages again that i haven't played on for awhile now so that made it very enjoyable for me as well ^-^

Last edited:

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
18-10......win-loss ratio for Team Trick. I'm in the U.S.....but I played with the same Japanese team for a few games in a JP lobby. We all started using Bloblobbers and they named us the Bloblobbing Gang. lol Usually around 2 am Eastern time , I start getting Japanese players. Probably my favorite Splatfest so far....then again I love Halloween so I'm biased.

Cephalobro

Am I the only one on my team who looks at the dang map of the stage? Seriously sick and tired of teammates ignoring enemies who are inking our side of the turf.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Am I the only one on my team who looks at the dang map of the stage? Seriously sick and tired of teammates ignoring enemies who are inking our side of the turf.
i had a teammate in 1 match who really just decided to let me die..like i was on a roll but was out of ink at the wrong time and my teammate who was near me,instead of helping me decided that it was better to let the enemy splat me instead while if he had shot ink my way i could had got away together with him..teammates..aren't they fun sometimes? x.x

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
This Splatfest was certainly something cool. It's not often they dress up Inkopolis Square for a special holiday like Halloween.

I noticed from my feed that many of the 100x Battle victors (at least on Normal Mode) were on Team Treat, so at least I have high hopes for us winning that category. That said, there were a few tough guys on Trick here and there so it wasn't a complete cakewalk. Still, my Kensa Pro and its Booyah Bomb put in some solid work, so I can't complain too much.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Has there been a Splatfest ever that hasn't been totally drenched in salt on Squidboards?

Anyway, I had a blast this Splatfest. I hope we get more 48 hour Splatfests in the future - like maybe for Squidmas vs. Octivus Splatfest. The Shifty Station was awesome, but kind of annoying honestly to have another "first to the center area wins". It was so easy to kill people on the Ride Rails because of how predictable they are, but please, everyone hatin' on the SS, just consider for the moment that 1. It's only 24 or 48 hours of it being playable - not like it's a map that will permanently be a part of the game's map rotation, and 2. It's a Splatfest! It's not the SWC! Try and have some fun for once!

Also, when will the results be in?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Has there been a Splatfest ever that hasn't been totally drenched in salt on Squidboards?
But then it wouldn't be a proper Splatfest thread on Squidboards! Stop trying to kill our traditions you millennial! xP

Not surprised by those results, they pretty much align with my bias Splatfest experience this time. =p

Cephalobro

Treat has won?! Yes! I surely thought it was going to lose because of how the winning streaks kept getting ended like every two matches I have played. Also, this confirms that the least popular team can still win with this new system, so no more complaining about the popular team winning because of this system.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
I actually liked this Shifty Station. Heard complaints of "whoever gets mid can just shoot the other team off the rails" but uh... that's what Special pressure is for. Solo pushes might even be possible by launching Ink Storm or Tenta Missiles right before getting on the rail. Regular bombs can be lobbed up too. Seemed better than bouncepad station (which I thought was okay).

Granted, middle is still a pretty strong chokepoint, which is what I hate about certain Shifties... maybe it's because it's harder to dominate this one with just a single bomb launcher and nothing else.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i didn't even knew who i had to pick so i ended up rolling a online dice 3 times to decide which one to pick,i liked both at the end sooo it's all cool with the results xD but 1 thing i didn't expected is that team trick was more popular? like i maybe had 2 mirror matches the whole splatfest? o.o though i admit i am still a little suprised since well my end results were better then i expected or am i 1 of the only few who ended up having alot of winning streaks for team trick? ^^''

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You can have winstreaks or a positive w/l ratio for a team and that team can still win. You're only a small part of the team, and the results are always really close.
and 2. It's a Splatfest! It's not the SWC! Try and have some fun for once!
But the stage just isn't fun.

I'm all for interesting gimmicks and craziness during Splatfests, but if a stage's layout sucks ***, I can try all I want, but I ain't having any fun.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
But the stage just isn't fun.
What really amplifies this is that it’s also inescapable, being one of three maps in the rotation through the entire 48 hours.

I thought it was a crappy map too, but I admit that there was something derpy and fun about being a mobile turret with the Hydra. I’d always accidentally jump on it while shooting and it’d be like “Welp. Guess I’ll grind.”

Also I learned at like, the end of the Splatfest that you can totally jump between rails. Like... Grind Rails 101, single player campaign in the first few minutes strategy. -Something I used excessively in Octo Expansion. And I learn it at the end of the Splatfest.

200 IQ.

Cephalobro

The thing I didn't like about this Shifty Station is the fact that if left unchecked, rollers could lock down the middle area and easily get to the other team's area, a stage in which one weapon category overpowers all the others is a flawed stage to me.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The rails are the best part of the map, but everything funnels to that middle chokepoint which is the only way to win the stage or even get to the other side. Save for a "secret" jump on the left using the enemy's rail.

Also I learned at like, the end of the Splatfest that you can totally jump between rails. Like... Grind Rails 101, single player campaign in the first few minutes strategy. -Something I used excessively in Octo Expansion. And I learn it at the end of the Splatfest.

200 IQ.
On the bright side, at least your didn't get my consistent ride rail fails where'd they suddenly shut off after or just before I hop on. Near the end I eventually learned to ink my own damn rails even when it was already half full--just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom