• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

heydo6

Inkling
shouldn't splatfest have started yet ? 9:42 florida here
board says 5PM i see 8PM other places , when does it start ?

Morghoul

Inkling
Wait a minute... wasn't the Spingebill Splatfest just two weeks ago? This seems awfully soon, don'tcha think?

Well, at any rate, I've sided with Team Fancy. Not because I like getting all fancily dressed (believe me, I don't; it's a pain to get everything to look right), but because I loathe the idea of playing grown-up dress-up. Just doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Plus there's the fact that I haven't been to a costume party since the 6þ grade, while I've at least had to dress all snazzy-like multiple times over the last few years.

Though, technically, the last "fancy party" I went to was my aunt's wedding in 2001, well before I even began my schooling, so perhaps Team Costumes would've been a better fit—

Damn, G. **** just got personal now.

Well. Now I know what I'm fighting for. No regrets now.
I picked Costume mainly so I won't be a Fancy King..... Lol

Princess Bubbie

Tiny lil' monster
NNID
Princess.Bubbie
The sad feel when you can't play because you're not in a building with your Wii U. :(

Worst time, too. T_T Hopefully I'll be able to play after work tomorrow. x.x

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can live with that stage list. It's been a while since I've been to Ancho-V, Walleye Warehouse is well-suited to my playing preferences, and Flounder Heights at least doesn't suck. Would've liked to see Kelp Dome again, but I digress.

...man, I haven't been this nervous about a Splatfest since Burgers vs. Pizzas. And that was the bane of my existence, and today's Friday the 13th... I'm worried that I might end up hampering my fellow Fancy Squids rather than helping 'em. But I must! I'm on a mission: to get those extra 6 Sea Snails, and to prove that fancy parties aren't for stuck-up snobs like myself! Vigilance, Flareth! Let's do this!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
...man, I haven't been this nervous about a Splatfest since Burgers vs. Pizzas. And that was the bane of my existence, and today's Friday the 13th... I'm worried that I might end up hampering my fellow Fancy Squids rather than helping 'em. But I must! I'm on a mission: to get those extra 6 Sea Snails, and to prove that fancy parties aren't for stuck-up snobs like myself! Vigilance, Flareth! Let's do this!
I'm not as worried; most of the Splatfest takes place on the 14th, so the bad influence of its neighboring date should be minimal at best.

Still, better hope we get some really smooth teammates!

Morghoul

Inkling
I can live with that stage list. It's been a while since I've been to Ancho-V, Walleye Warehouse is well-suited to my playing preferences, and Flounder Heights at least doesn't suck. Would've liked to see Kelp Dome again, but I digress.

Good luck to you. I'll be your opponent in about 1 hour. For the Sect!

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
Retiring for the night, will continue in the morning. Got unlucky with three losses, two of which were because of DC's (albeit the second ones happened later in the match, i think). However, I managed to get with some good teams after those losses, which tended to carry me more than i carried them. Doesn't help I'm not the best at Flounder Heights, and I'm still unfamiliar with Ancho-V Games

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Honestly I hate the randomizer for the stages. I've done Flounder Heights over 15 times, and the other two stages about 3. I'm sick of playing on this stage. But It's much easier to find matches and I'm yet to have a disconnect from either teams.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Eh I'm too tired to play tonight, this topic just isn't exciting me. I'll represent team fancy tomorrow!

Morghoul

Inkling
Retiring for the night, will continue in the morning. Got unlucky with three losses, two of which were because of DC's (albeit the second ones happened later in the match, i think). However, I managed to get with some good teams after those losses, which tended to carry me more than i carried them. Doesn't help I'm not the best at Flounder Heights, and I'm still unfamiliar with Ancho-V Games
Team fancy or costume?

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
AAAAAND royalty. That didn't take long... I started losing more at about Champion 70. I also got more mirror matches around that point. It's strange since up until then, I was facing Costume every single game. Ah, well. I'll get some rest then go on my alt and become a traitor to my Fancy peeps. ewe

Edit: Oh, the photo didn't upload (at least that's what it seems from mobile). -sigh-

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Maybe it's just the time, but not looking good for fancy blue. I'm having an incredibly hard time getting a team of four players just to get a match against orange. I keep getting kicked out of lobbies because not enough blue players are joining the battle.

The proletariat sucks sometimes...

Edit: Just tried re-joining the lobby. Been sitting at the "Searching for a battle to join" screen for four minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom