Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
i did really well last night, had a great team, until a disconnect threw us apart. played a little while longer until the big server crash, but didn't find any teams i actually gelled with, but still did decent [1:1 win/loss generally]. this morning, though, was terrible. part of it was me: i knew this splatfest was going to be rough since i'm new to S rank [holding my own in the rank, but still new]. plus my rank main is the octobrush, but my wrists need a break from the constant button pressing, so i was playing with the nzap '89 [which was my rank main until i hit A, but i still bring it out for turf wars a lot]. couldn't splat anyone, was only getting splatted, it was terrible. but also, our team would already be in the danger zone less than 30 seconds into the match! [plus, teams were extremely unbalanced, weapons-wise. i was not on a single team with a charger, and costume usually had at least one, whereas my team was usually 2 or 3 rollers and 1 or 2 nzaps. we don't stand a chance against e-liters!] i gave in and switched back to octobrush and finally started winning again, and got to queen almost immediately after suffering for an hour in champion.

taking a break and then i have to fight my way to the top on my charger alt... but at least it shouldn't be as terrible since that account's only A rank.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Got a good team and was going well on team Costume for my A account desperately in need of snails. But my S account.... gIetting butchered....does anyone else notice MASSIVE lag starting around now? I was leading the team in k/ds the suddenly a little past noon EST, I'm going 0/6 every round even with Jr. and never have a bubbler....It's not that I don't get the jump on foes, its that my shots go right through them like they're not there, or I see them standing still behind a wall, I start shooting them, hear 3/5 shots hit, then they vanish and are nowhere to be found then kill me. And the teleportations from on the an lifts to off the fan lifts and back on..... Seems this time of day does this for splatfests every time. So it's not Japan....

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Games are still pretty good around the 1200-1300 level. I've had a lot of nail biter games before deciding to equip an N-Zap '89. It might be kind of boring to use, but my god with the right equipment it's hard to beat its inking power.

How are the servers? Any better? I mean, most of the Japanese players would be asleep by now.
Servers are stable. I'm still getting 2-4 Japanese players per game, but in the last 30 minutes I've started having some matches with names I am capable of reading

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
I'm getting dittos in the fancy 1700s half the time. Is it the same story for cosplay?

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
This splatfest seems pretty even to me in terms of skill (at least, from what i've seen). I'm currently at 1669, highest was 1677, and i'm gonna try to get at least 1700.

I had the realization earlier when I switched from Dual Squelcher to Splattershot Pro (after I lost to a really good one) that I really don't like the ROF and ink efficiency of it. Yeah, splatting in 3 shots is nice (a Pro will always out DPS a DS), but the fire rate makes it bad in CQC, so i'd rather just stack damage up on my Dual... which is what i've been doing, and i'm loving it.

Anyways, still facing 90% Japanese players, so there's that. The only thing that bothers me though is laggy Dynamos, and i've seen quite a few. Started facing my own team once I got past 1650-ish, so i'm guessing Team Fancy will win wins and Team Costume will win popularity. The only question now is, will Costume have so many players that it wins by pure popularity?

...or I could be wrong, but who knows?

EDIT:
Made it to 1700. I could probably go higher, but I have things I need to get done. The higher I got, the more often I faced my own team.

Last edited:

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
I do wish they kept Splatfest region locked. No shade towards any Japanese players, but it just doesn't feel right only playing other Japanese players with some NA players sprinkled in here and there... but that's just me.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I think it's notable that I went on my alt that I abandoned (level 6, woo scary) and in 10 or so matches of screwing around at 800 power, I did not see one single Japanese player.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Momentarily confused why my sprinklers weren't disappear or took their time doing so. Never attribute to lag at best and hackers at worst when really you and your entire team have sprinklers.

*inspects a sprinkler*

"This sprinkler is in a brilliant spot! But we also need one over there. Excuse me, Japanese teammate! Is this sprinkler yours or mine? Oh wait, it's the British girl's. Carry on everyone!"

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This splatfest seems pretty even to me in terms of skill (at least, from what i've seen). I'm currently at 1669, highest was 1677, and i'm gonna try to get at least 1700.

I had the realization earlier when I switched from Dual Squelcher to Splattershot Pro (after I lost to a really good one) that I really don't like the ROF and ink efficiency of it. Yeah, splatting in 3 shots is nice (a Pro will always out DPS a DS), but the fire rate makes it bad in CQC, so i'd rather just stack damage up on my Dual... which is what i've been doing, and i'm loving it.

Anyways, still facing 90% Japanese players, so there's that. The only thing that bothers me though is laggy Dynamos, and i've seen quite a few. Started facing my own team once I got past 1650-ish, so i'm guessing Team Fancy will win wins and Team Costume will win popularity. The only question now is, will Costume have so many players that it wins by pure popularity?

...or I could be wrong, but who knows?

EDIT:
Made it to 1700. I could probably go higher, but I have things I need to get done. The higher I got, the more often I faced my own team.
Thanks for the idea! I'm gonna have to tinker with the Dual, I like the Pro as a "power" weapon but CQC as you put it is my greatest weakness as a player.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I have only played this morning, but I was getting spanked. I kept on thinking it was that I don't deserve my S+ rank, but I have been getting first multiple times on my team with 600/700 points. Is it just me, or do these splatfests cause people to forget to ink turf (it could just be that everyone is dying a lot). Had some success with the .96 gal (which, oddly enough, was the only weapon that I did good with last splatfest. Guess this is a new TW meta), but mostly lost to Team Fancy. I only played this morning, so it might be a little more stable now. At least I haven't played any mirror matches yet.

Got to love when you splat a hydra, only to see that they somehow splatted you while respawning. I usually don't have lag issues with all the Japanese (there are even more than usual), but there are a few flukes.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Who can be fancier than the nobility? And who among the nobility is the most noble of all? Kings and Queens, of course! So my nickname for this Splatfest (Æþeling) suits me a lot better now.

I managed to break into the A-rank power levels finally, though I had to pull double duty constantly to get there. Seriously, I've had to kick myself well beyond my normal Beast Mode just to keep us from losing in quite a few matches (and even then, it usually amounts to nothing thanks to us dropping the ball right afterward). There's only so much of this chaos that I can take—if I keep going, I'm gonna burn out and cause my teams to suffer. So I'm done for now. If I'm feeling confident later on, I'll see about breaking into the 1500 block and higher.

Last edited:

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
I've been doing poorly in Splatfest since PKMN Red vs. Blue, thankfully today was not the case.
I had decent teammates and I felt like I could actually contribute to the team again. Ended the day with Queen 1676. Sorry Marie, but I'm just doing this for the snails.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I adore sprinklers. It's hilarious on Flounder Heights when a well placed one let's you watch an opponent repeatedly fail to climb a wall. Up, fall. Up, fall. Up, fall. And they make great bait to lure or locate.

But it's getting a tad ridiculous. It's like a magnet! I toss one then 1~2 people on the other team scream "SPRINKLER!" and CQC it. But a match in Ancho-V was making want to quit and chill at spawn.

It was against a team that's been together longer than mine. I control the entire platform above the pit on our right side the whole match with my HydyC. My teammates understand this and take care of the rest of the map. Every foe who uses the fan to my left to reach my platform gets splatted by me or my team. And among my opponents is a sneaky duo of Japanese shooters who spend the entire match coming after me—and failing.

One lifts the fan, the other inks a path, then both pounce on me. Problem one, I know they're coming. Problem two, they BOTH double-team my nearby sprinkler before attacking me. EVERY TIME. The sprinkler doesn't even have to be in their way, just so long as it's in their field of vision—it dies first. If I'm not charged when they arrive then their shenanigans give me enough time to charge up and splat them both.

Sound strategy! Awesome teamwork! But ignore the damn sprinkler!

I splatted them both seven times. Each. It was funny at first. Then after the fourth time I wanted it to stop. I couldn't even bring myself to taunt them. And for a moment I was happy when one time they got a third person to help them... but my sprinkler magnetized him too.

Near the end I gave up. Jumped into the already friendly pit. FINALLY activated my Bubbler and just spun around spraying ink in the air.

Sprinklers are why Splatoon has no voice chat.

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
I really need to learn flounder heights, most of my losses came from that map.
It seems to be a difficult map for all but well-seasoned players. There are very few "safe" areas on that map where you can hold a position. On top of that, it has incredible unmatched flanking potential. The opponent can come from almost anywhere at any time, but so can you. Echolocator is almost essential on this map.

90% of my games I've played on Heights, the team that took the mid first ended up being the winner.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Everytime I battle I get idiots, and the other team is like god-like. I was at 1749 earlier and then people came along and brought me down to 1629. What the ****?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom