• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoroarkrules25

Inkling
Played 2 out of three sessions! It was amazing! Loved the rollar, music, design! There were no flaws imo.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I really don't see another testfire happening. The first 3 were almost perfect for Nintendo. They don't want to over expose their game 3 weeks before launch

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
The one thing I'm afraid of is one weapon type dominating the meta to a point where choosing anything else but that type would be disadvantageous. It would cripple the game's diversity, constrict its competitiveness, and ultimately turn people off after a while.

For example, knowing of the jet squelcher's range and its ability to take down enemies from a very safe distance, it could potentially outclass every roller that needs to get in semi close to do damage.

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
The one thing I'm afraid of is one weapon type dominating the meta to a point where choosing anything else but that type would be disadvantageous. It would cripple the game's diversity, constrict its competitiveness, and ultimately turn people off after a while.

For example, knowing of the jet squelcher's range and its ability to take down enemies from a very safe distance, it could potentially outclass every roller that needs to get in semi close to do damage.
Just keep in mind we haven't seen every weapon, and they'll be adding weapons and gear later on. There's a roller that can deflect enemy fire already confirmed and I'm sure there will be masters at flinging Charger and Shooter shots back at enemies down the line. Even if there is a majority preference, I'm sure every weapon set will have a weakness to exploit maintaining diversity.

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
Just keep in mind we haven't seen every weapon, and they'll be adding weapons and gear later on. There's a roller that can deflect enemy fire already confirmed and I'm sure there will be masters at flinging Charger and Shooter shots back at enemies down the line. Even if there is a majority preference, I'm sure every weapon set will have a weakness to exploit maintaining diversity.
I'm definitely hoping the weapon variety will keep every weapon type balanced.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus

Any ranged weapon can take down a roller. The dynamo roller might be able to mitigate this to a certain point, but if you are not being sneaky with the roller, then you won't go far with the weapon.

Shooter weapons are going to be a very popular choice in multiplayer, since they are versatile, and they also have many different weapons in the same category. Other weapon types will still get picked since they fill in roles that the shooters cannot. The biggest weakness that many shooters share is that they use sustain damage and not burst damage.

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
Any ranged weapon can take down a roller. The dynamo roller might be able to mitigate this to a certain point, but if you are not being sneaky with the roller, then you won't go far with the weapon.

Shooter weapons are going to be a very popular choice in multiplayer, since they are versatile, and they also have many different weapons in the same category. Other weapon types will still get picked since they fill in roles that the shooters cannot. The biggest weakness that many shooters share is that they use sustain damage and not burst damage.
Rollers will definitely have to play sneaky, and only fight head to head within their "shake attack" range.

Sustain damage isn't necessarily a weakness since a player's health is relatively low, and a steady shot would bring someone down quickly.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Rollers will definitely have to play sneaky, and only fight head to head within their "shake attack" range.

Sustain damage isn't necessarily a weakness since a player's health is relatively low, and a steady shot would bring someone down quickly.
It depends really. The target has more of a chance at evading a couple of your shots, and living the engagement. The longer the distance is, the easier it is to evade getting killed by. The TTK is low, but it isn't CoD low. It isn't a strong weakness, but it is still a weakness, since it is a weapon type that take multiple shots to kill with in most cases.

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
It depends really. The target has more of a chance at evading a couple of your shots, and living the engagement. The longer the distance is, the easier it is to evade getting killed by. The TTK is low, but it isn't CoD low. It isn't a strong weakness, but it is still a weakness, since it is a weapon type that take multiple shots to kill with in most cases.
They could also miss their burst the same way a few shots could miss from sustained damage. In which case the sustained damage would have a higher RoF and could afford to miss a shot or two by quickly making up for them, but a burst weapon missing their shot would be missing an opportunity to deal larger chunk of damage per shot at a lower RoF and would likely lose the engagement. But it's all contingent upon the weapons themselves, and we've seen so few of them to generalize a whole category for sharing the same strengths/ weaknesses.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Rollers gotta understand that they've got a pretty scary projectile on them too. I'm certain good Roller users will make a ton of use of their sub-weapon of choice to cover the Roller's ranged weaknesses.
I agree. I saw a lot of people act as if it doesn't exist, or they at least didn't realise it could splat an enemy easily. I even used it to climb some walls and completely catch some people off guard at the top. Of course, that won't be possible on every wall. It only worked because they were smaller blocks leading to the top and I was barely able to flick ink high enough anyway. If it was just a straight wall all the way up, I wouldn't be able to get up there alone.

Wario Bros.

Full Squid
NNID
WarioBrose
Does anyone else find it suspicious that the Testfire Demo can still be found on the Wii U eShop (although not downloadable currently) despite the fact there's the lack of anymore online runs?

More on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom