• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Yeah, definitely not the most accessible weapon. Can't wait to see what kind of work gets done with it, though, as time goes on.
Exactly. It seems very good in certain situations, I'm just not good at putting myself in those situations

Last edited:

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
People still think Rollers are strong / annoying / unbalanced? lol
Rollers are really good, but most people have gotten over the initial shock of HOW DO I AVOID GUY RUNNING AT ME. Whoever is left are either new or are whiners.

Edit:

From FLCs video, not sure if this has been brought up yet but looks like the reticle auto-aims at corners for some reason?

eh gif to show what happens

Last edited:

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
the auricle
lol

but anyway, to elaborate on that a bit: the crosshair will 'stick' to corners of walls and platforms (in my video you can see a couple times where this happens and I blow a bunch of bombs up at my feet) and it stops you from shooting over them when you are trying to aim downwards/upwards or are peeking a corner, which is messing me up a lot if nothing else

NNID
Smashbro
Still in the tutorial. Unfortunately I didn't finish painting everything and found myself unable to go back after the part where the enemy ink is found...inferring there's no way back.
2015-05-24-011152.jpg

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I actually won a lot of matches during the testfire opposed to the last time where i almost lost everytime, finally got a good strat against Rollers and Splat Chargers in general, plus i found peole capable of teaming, stalking their roller players and trying to protect them by going around and flanking.

I also managed to see someone i knew, more likely someone i have met before in previous games i've played online with: HD★General

So yes, it's possibe to find someone online by random, even though the servers were tugged to the max.

NNID
NintenArtist2
Had such an blast, yesterday.
It was so much fun even though the loading times were very long. At least I was able to practice my skills with Jump Squid, made it 'Till level 21.
And, ohmygosh! Every match I ever played, most people were playing with, Splat Roller. The more the merrier I guess! Also. . . .
Five

More
Days.

Last edited:

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
i can't wait for the full game because while i enjoyed using the roller the most out of the weapons you had to select from.....i feel like I'll need something better but to me that would mean a gun that packs quite the punch without being the flavor of the month everyone rushes to use

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Trying out the Testfire yesterday was lots of fun! I was definitely not disappointed. Chargers are a lot harder to use than I thought they were going to be though, I quickly changed to Splattershot then Jr.

I didn't do too well but I'm obviously not going to be good at a new game haha. Can't wait for full release!

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I missed the recent one because it was it was early and I just had a meeting. Had to go to bed. Hopefully, some of you guys enjoyed it despite the issues it had.

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
On the testfire on the 23rd, I got REAL good at squid jump after playing 3 games...Then my hour of gameplay.
overall still fun as heck, but annoying how I kept getting blown out by "team Japan" I call it.

MrViperfang

Pro Squid
NNID
MrViperfang

I managed to get 2 videos made from Saturday's Global Testfire. The other one is still processing at the moment. This one focuses on some wins/losses I had with the Splattershot Jr. That shield can be invaluable. I'll edit this post when the other video is ready.

*edit - It's up now! This one focuses on the Splat Roller!

Last edited:

zoroarkrules25

Inkling
I actually liked the server crash, now they have fixed so it shouldn't happen again, and it shows there is huge interest in the game which is great!

Aiko

Inkling
NNID
moehomu
Hi! I really like the demo! Can't wait for the full vers :)

Numanumaking13

Inkling
NNID
numanumaking21
I was lucky enough to play on the final testfire for a good 40 minutes and I had a lot of fun! For being my first time I did surprisingly well ranking 1st for my team on most games. I was a real fan of the Splattershot Jr. I found the shield to be the most useful special out of the four. I can't wait until I can play the full game this Friday!

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Did anyone else have a little bit of lag in the extra hour of the Testfire? It wasn't too bad, but when I splatted someone, it would take a couple of seconds for ink to explode everywhere. Sometimes I'd splat someone, and then after a second or two I'd blow up as well.

Numanumaking13

Inkling
NNID
numanumaking21
Did anyone else have a little bit of lag in the extra hour of the Testfire? It wasn't too bad, but when I splatted someone, it would take a couple of seconds for ink to explode everywhere. Sometimes I'd splat someone, and then after a second or two I'd blow up as well.
No I didn't. It's possible that you were only experiencing lag because of the server breakdown. Maybe the servers just didn't go back to 100% right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom