Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Reaffirmed that the charger is definitely not for me. I can't stand having to slow walk while charging. Went splattershot jr most of the time
Yeah, definitely not the most accessible weapon. Can't wait to see what kind of work gets done with it, though, as time goes on.

luigisly

Full Squid
Great session. This one I really focused on trying to be part of a team with the charger weapon and it really does a great job. People get really scared of that laser trained on their position and they keep hidden and then a roller wipes them out. Best case of this was on warehouse it was a 3v4 and the team i was on was 2 chargers and 1 roller. Got to the middle fast and I set up camp there while the other charger was in a crossfire position. We were able to keep everybody out (rollers and chargers) while the roller targeted anybody who got too close to us (splattershots). Best teamwork I've experienced in all of the time I've played. Ended up losing the match once they broke through finally, but we kept that defense up for 2:30 of the match.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
I had fun. The servers buckling was not fun but when it started working it worked very well. The splattershot jr was still my favorite with the roller right behind it. Had a fun duel with a roller user on the bottom platform of the rig which was fun. It was fun as we kept trying to trip each other up. Then they pulled an Obi-Wan and took the high ground.....which got them killed. Oops lol. Ended up losing the match though.
A lot of players seemed a lot better than the last few times now. More people taking advantage of the high walls in the rig, more rollers hiding to take out enemies. People knew more about what they were doing now it seems

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
My favorite moment with the Charger came from a match where two of the enemy team also rocking Chargers tried to tagteam me in close proximity.

Not only did I beat them both, I actually got a double kill with a single shot.

Strider_Bond00J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Strider_James00B
So...what's your guys' best record in Squid Jump?
They probably should have called it the 'Squid Jump Global Testfire' :p

Yeah, with the servers crashing (Only got one game on Saltspray Rig with the Charger) and an eternal loading screen, I managed to reach Stage 13 and an approximate high score of 7803. Not too bad!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Gave up 30 minutes into the testfire so eh. Ended up playing a lot of smash matches with my friend instead. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't know about the extension yes, but ah well.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Though it started out rough, I'm glad that this session went well, and that Nintendo did compensate by extending the time (which I thought they wouldn't, so I don't mind being proven wrong here). Now I can't wait for Friday to come.

I think my record was like 7-8 wins and 4 loses and 3 kills, so not too bad.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
found that i enjoyed using the roller the most...the others just seemed a bit too slow and spread unevenly to get much going in turf wars by themselves

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
despite the hiccups, still a really fun time. I gotta sleep now. Dying of flu. Night everyone!

Wario Bros.

Full Squid
NNID
WarioBrose
I'm betting too many on the server was the cause of the problem. Good thing Nintendo weren't complete ***holes and actually made the Testfire an hour longer.

Great run outside of that hiccup.

It's going to take A LOT more than a faulty demo sever to cancel my preorder. 6 moar dayz!

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
Holy cow. That was awesome.
I feel pretty good about my skill level in this game at the moment, given...
a) This was my first testfire.
b) Out of the dozen or so matches I played, I only lost two of them.
c) In every match in which I didn't use the charger, I got top of my team. Every. Single. Time.
Should we start going over our greatest moments?
In Saltspray Rig, I splatted three enemies alone at the same time. It was at the narrow walkway toward the lower area. One was covering ink, one superjumped in, and one approached from behind. I can't even remember a majority of what happened because it went by so quickly.
God I wish I had a capture card. I had some awesome moments I could've submitted to the montage.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
I only got 20 minutes but in those minutes I got my best and worst scores in all 4 testfires. 1632p with 12 kills and 1 death, vs 576p with 3 kills and 5 deaths. Now I sit and wait for Friday.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
So my first match after the servers connected... I'm still pretty sure it was shaky... ended in a 4v1...

Yeah...
EDIT: Yeah, dat old tv...

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Something that was kind of obvious but I didn't really think about till this session is that the worse the opposing team is the lower your score will be. It's amazingly easy to rack up points against teams that are just as good as yours if not better. The two matches I lost today I finished with 1000 and 1100.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
*Phew* *Pant* *Pant*
Oh my glob, that was intense.
Got in early at 6 for just one game, Jeez how much people can a server take! I was pretty mad that we had to wait an entire hour just for an extension, but overall it was worth it. Finally learned how to squid jump and how to effectively use the sub weapon.
I saw way too much Jrs on the field, seems like it's the new roller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom