• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylirica

Inkling
Had a lot of fun during the demo! Played two rounds before the Squid Jump session. I stupidly gave up early and spent about 30 minutes LR'ing, but the bonus hour was smooth sailing! I had lots of fun splats with the roller, and managed to have a good round with the Splattershot this time. The Jr was definitely best for some aggressive runs, though!

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I didn't keep count of W-L, but I know I only lost twice before the outage and once it came back I maintained a long winning streak the entire time. Almost always top score, once or twice 2nd place. Best K:Ds were 6:1 and 10:3.

Best moment: Finished covering the back area of Saltspray Rig. On my way I out I spot all four opponents coming towards me in the hopes of retaking it. Bubbled and nailed 'em all at once. Denied, *************.

Howl7

Pro Squid
I take a picture at the end of every match after the crash.

Some statistics:
Matches:12 10 won and 2 lost.

Matches Weapons :
28 Splattershot
33 Splattershot Jr. (12 me)
29 Splat Roller
6 Splat Charger

Best defeat: 1081 points
average points: 1070.83

Maybe tomorrow i will post one or two pictures.

Smooth Criminal

Full Squid
I didn't keep count of W-L, but I know I only lost twice before the outage and once it came back I maintained a long winning streak the entire time. Almost always top score, once or twice 2nd place. Best K:Ds were 6:1 and 10:3.

Best moment: Finished covering the back area of Saltspray Rig. On my way I out I spot all four opponents coming towards me in the hopes of retaking it. Bubbled and nailed 'em all at once. Denied, *************.
Did this man...?

PROBABLY CHEATED IN-GAME TOO! Ya LECH.

Smooth Criminal

Ink_Shem

Inkling
NNID
shemswag47
Was able to fool around with the Charger and Splattershot Jr. Not bad weapons at all. Hopefully, more experience will be gained in the full game.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Fun moment from the last 30 seconds of a close game:

1. I walk around the side of Walleye Warehouse and see that the whole enemy team is moving as a group towards me.

2. I give a little yelp, then hide in ink and swim behind a corner. They ink a bit near me but then go off somewhere else.

3. I cover all the stuff that they just inked with my own ink plus plus about a third of the centre area. Somehow they don't turn around and mollywop me.

4. Time ends, my team wins the game by 10% or so. Without firing a shot at the enemy team (even when they split up), I managed to put us over the victory line.

There were a few matches like that, where my team was losing pretty badly but then we pulled together in the last half minute and won. Just goes to show how fast momentum can shift in Turf War.

I also learned how to hide in ink with the Roller and jack up passerby enemies, instead of just rolling towards them. Some other players did the same to me, so we're all learning.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I only lost 1 Match in my entire Life (i played in all testfires) and im soooo ready for the full Game :3 The Testfire really helped to get used to the controlls~

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I didn't get any games in at all... I didn't know they had extended it an hour until after the fact either...

I feel sad.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I didn't get any games in at all... I didn't know they had extended it an hour until after the fact either...

I feel sad.
Lots of People stopped trying to connect the Server when the Hour was over even if it was kinda obvious that they will extend the Testfire Time. Looking forward to the Full Game

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
Yeah, at first, I was just going to end once the hour was up. Then, my group of friends and I started getting into rooms and battling. I knew that they would have another event sometime the next day or later today, and I guess they just decided to do it right after.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I bet they'll do one more, both as a makeup for people who didn't know about the extension and as another stress test to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
I bet they'll do one more, both as a makeup for people who didn't know about the extension and as another stress test to make sure it doesn't happen again.
With only 6 days left until the actual game release, I personally can't see that happening. A demo is definitely possible though! Probably will be released alongside the the game. Only thing I wonder is how the demo would work. Would they only have the single player campaign or would you be able to try out Turf Wars? Would be cool if that's the case for people STILL on the fence about this game. Limited time/demo loads could make it so people don't abuse it.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Well they probably weren't planning on another, but I think now they'll have to because of today's mishap. Like I said, gotta make sure everything is in order before launch.

As for a single-player demo, that's actually what I was expecting them to follow up the first testfire with, but now I doubt it. Keeping a longer Turf Wars demo open would be a bit difficult to keep populated, especially if you want to limit how much they can play to make sure they go buy the full game instead of just playing the demo forever.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Oh, that's right! Had forgotten about the server mishap. In any case, I'm all aboard another test fire if it means I get to play the game :p

I was thinking with the Turf Wars demo that you'd be paired up with players who own the game? Sort of give them a taste of what they could have, but not all of it: limit them to the weapons we had available in the testfire, generic clothing, etc).

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I guess they could do it that way, but I would hate to see the full game get overrun with F2P noobs, especially if it's not a level playing field due to them only getting 4 weapons and no equipment. Roller scrubs were annoying enough during the Testfire, it'll be that much sadder when we have bigger and better toys to pubstomp them with. I just can't take any satisfaction in winning against that, I want a fair match.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
sup

vid description since this footage is mostly me being trash:
wasn't really going for any kind of optimal play here so there's a lot of me overextending (trying to see what 'overextending' actually is in this game), taking head-on fights that I shouldn't be (to figure out the netcode), and generally missing cues (because I suck at this game). haven't played a dual stick shooter that doesn't have auto aim since mw2 as well so my aim was trash lol

most of this is splattershot (first round is ss jr but I didn't like having such a small effective range), last 2 rounds are me going full retard with the roller (I was wanting to try the shotgun style but I couldn't with six rollers in the room)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom