• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibroc

rasutosutāman
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
You gotta be stealthy in large scale battles if you are using the roller.

Or you can just charge in with the Roller and get a 6 kill streak going near the enemy spawn like I did LOL XD :p
This was exactly my strategy on the match I went 10-0 using roller. Cover ground working my way up to the battle, then stealth around to just hop up, flick ink, and swim away. I actually didn't even get any kills rolling someone over.

Fun times

http://i.imgur.com/l3z4LxP.jpg

Last edited:

JJ the Splattershotter

Squid Eater Captain
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
The demo was super fun, but WAY TOO SHORT!

Anyway, I kept on the motion controls because being able to aim up & down while moving the camera left & right (or vice versa) is a god-send in a TPS. I stuck mostly to the Splattershot (Jr.), but I occasionally used the Splat Roller, as well. I only used the Splat Charger once; as I expected, it's not my style.

I can see a lot of potential strategies with weapon combinations, especially with the Roller and a rapid-fire ink gun, with the latter following the former in its ink trail to offer cover. Team members could also draw the attention of enemy players and have a Roller sneak up from behind them to splat them all (that definitely was taken advantage of in multiple matches, even without communication).

There's still a lot left to be discovered, but I can't wait to start doing such. The full release is gonna be fantastic!

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
I hope someone upload their stream to Youtube so we can watch replays. I think Brownman will be uploading it, he's pretty good about uploading streams.
I'm going to be putting mine up, probably in between the two sessions tomorrow. I'm currently rendering the first stream.

augustoflores

Inkling
NNID
augustoflores
for half an hour i stuck with the splat roller, I usually got the most points out of everyone ranging in the 1000s, but that's to be expected out of the roller.
2 rounds i tried the splattershot jr... not my style at all/did not like it.

final few matches i used the chargeshot... i like it. my final match with a full team of Rollers, just sniping them all made me really like the potential of the chargeshot. needless to say that group of rollers got rekt.

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
Can't sleep, trying to think of different strategies to use . . .
I loved the demo. It felt like a Nintendo shooter (easy to start, difficult to master). I used the splattershot the most, but I think I'll use jr. more tomorrow. I stink at the game; I could usually get 1st or 2nd on my team, but I probably lost 60% of the matches. Need time to practice; hope there'll be another demo session.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
I'm going to be putting mine up, probably in between the two sessions tomorrow. I'm currently rendering the first stream.
You da real MVP ;~;

If you could link us when ya finish, I'd appreciate it!

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
You da real MVP ;~;

If you could link us when ya finish, I'd appreciate it!
Little bit of a teaser, (once it's finished processing) here is the tutorial. I'll make a post about it tomorrow and message you to make sure you can see them when they go up.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I'll be streaming live during and putting Youtube videos up after my time with the second Testfire, hope you all tune in (http://twitch.tv/therapture_). Should be going live around 6:45 AM.

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
Who's ready for round two? It's coming quick! It's supposed to start at 6 am eastern time, right?

Geistbox

Full Squid
A bit bummed that I won't be for the second session. This entire demo only left me wanting more and the potential behind it is lovely.

Easily one of the highlights for me early on in the demo was when I sneaked behind a team mate who was in a stalemate, and popped up to steal that kill after he lost the duel. I just love how the squid mechanic encourages stealthy approaches.

Toidiedud

Inkling
NNID
Toidiedud
Ok then,round two.

My whole strategy this time will be purely countering rollers with the charge shot,hopefully my team can make up in lost ground I wont be able to cover as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom