Glooga Deco Thoughts

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
I thought this morning would be when E-liter and Explo got their kit's announced but apparently Glooga Deco is real??? I'm super excited to have it back, the model is extremely clean and I love how the gold around the nozzle and the end of the dualie is far more pronounced now. But that aside I mainly wanted to make this post to give early kit thoughts/impressions since I think this kit is really neat!

Kits thoughts and impressions:
The revealed kit is sensor/zooka, I'll start with the sub first. Honestly I don't think that sensor is too bad on Glooga, sensor is going to be extremely helpful clearing ledges, checking corners and other spots that Glooga either doesn't want to swing without having some kind of info or can't currently reach with it's range, also sensor is an extremely cheap sub which is really nice for Glooga's ink tank since you're going to want to be rolling a lot to stay mobile and naturally be using turret stance a lot for kills and the extra range. While it may not be fizzy I still think this synergizes with the sub and main weapon well enough so I'm interested to see how it feels in practice.
Zooka on Glooga is absolutely massive and this is such a nice fit for the main weapon, compared to vanilla zooka will give Glooga a lot of explosive fire power compared to vanilla + Glooga finally gets meaningful object dmg which is huge especially with Crab coming back into the meta, and bubble being a nice tool check Pencil in theory.

All of this is very much theory craft and while we're definitely going to have to see how it fares in practice, I'm excited to play this kit and give it a shot in comp. I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks though!

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Glooga was probably the weapon I was most excited for the second kit with outside of maaaaaybe Range Blaster. I was hoping for Fizzy Inkjet but considering how weak the game's kits have been this is completely fine with me. I also am looking forward to giving this one a try.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I think it looks fantastic yeah, definitely one of my favourite weapon skins. I really like the kit, sensor's nice to deal with sharkers and zooka is zooka.

But I really just have one question, especially for comp players: is there really a use case where you'd rather have a glooga deco over a machine neo in your comp?
They both have the same kit, paint about the same, and fit a similar slayerish role in your comp. But I feel like machine is a bit better of a main, am I wrong? The aoe is very useful, and it's pretty versatile.

The only use case I can think of is if maybe your comp doesn't have a lot of aoe/chip damage so machine neo wouldn't have much to combo off, so you'd rather have gloogas instead?
Just my two cents, I think this kit is actually pretty cool!

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Glooga was probably the weapon I was most excited for the second kit with outside of maaaaaybe Range Blaster. I was hoping for Fizzy Inkjet but considering how weak the game's kits have been this is completely fine with me. I also am looking forward to giving this one a try.
Oh and yeah, I like this kit but I was soooo hoping for fizzy inkjet it would've been so cool

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
I think it looks fantastic yeah, definitely one of my favourite weapon skins. I really like the kit, sensor's nice to deal with sharkers and zooka is zooka.

But I really just have one question, especially for comp players: is there really a use case where you'd rather have a glooga deco over a machine neo in your comp?
They both have the same kit, paint about the same, and fit a similar slayerish role in your comp. But I feel like machine is a bit better of a main, am I wrong? The aoe is very useful, and it's pretty versatile.

The only use case I can think of is if maybe your comp doesn't have a lot of aoe/chip damage so machine neo wouldn't have much to combo off, so you'd rather have gloogas instead?
Just my two cents, I think this kit is actually pretty cool!
So I am a comp player, I think that Glooga Deco and Machine Neo while being somewhat similar will ultimately play different games. I think Machine Neo is far better at clearing ledges and corners but might struggle more fighting long range threats. Glooga Deco will be a lot better at fighting things at long range with it's really good dmg for it's range tier and being a lot faster than Machine when it comes to closing gaps especially after zooka. I think if you want a faster more mobile main weapon with the kit then you play Glooga Deco, but if you want to focus more on clearing corners, sharkers and making sure ledges aren't an issue then play Machine Neo.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I'm calling it now, probably wrong, but I'm convinced now that we're going to get the rest of the missing kits in this season (Range, Bamboo, Hydra and HEdit) and next season will have final fest with 3rd kits for every weapon and the final stage.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
So I am a comp player, I think that Glooga Deco and Machine Neo while being somewhat similar will ultimately play different games. I think Machine Neo is far better at clearing ledges and corners but might struggle more fighting long range threats. Glooga Deco will be a lot better at fighting things at long range with it's really good dmg for it's range tier and being a lot faster than Machine when it comes to closing gaps especially after zooka. I think if you want a faster more mobile main weapon with the kit then you play Glooga Deco, but if you want to focus more on clearing corners, sharkers and making sure ledges aren't an issue then play Machine Neo.
I see, I didn't think of this but that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
I thought this morning would be when E-liter and Explo got their kit's announced but apparently Glooga Deco is real??? I'm super excited to have it back, the model is extremely clean and I love how the gold around the nozzle and the end of the dualie is far more pronounced now. But that aside I mainly wanted to make this post to give early kit thoughts/impressions since I think this kit is really neat!

Kits thoughts and impressions:
The revealed kit is sensor/zooka, I'll start with the sub first. Honestly I don't think that sensor is too bad on Glooga, sensor is going to be extremely helpful clearing ledges, checking corners and other spots that Glooga either doesn't want to swing without having some kind of info or can't currently reach with it's range, also sensor is an extremely cheap sub which is really nice for Glooga's ink tank since you're going to want to be rolling a lot to stay mobile and naturally be using turret stance a lot for kills and the extra range. While it may not be fizzy I still think this synergizes with the sub and main weapon well enough so I'm interested to see how it feels in practice.
Zooka on Glooga is absolutely massive and this is such a nice fit for the main weapon, compared to vanilla zooka will give Glooga a lot of explosive fire power compared to vanilla + Glooga finally gets meaningful object dmg which is huge especially with Crab coming back into the meta, and bubble being a nice tool check Pencil in theory.

All of this is very much theory craft and while we're definitely going to have to see how it fares in practice, I'm excited to play this kit and give it a shot in comp. I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks though!
Wanted to update this with the video I made giving some slightly more in depth thoughts! It's an unscripted ramble, I'll make something scripted once I have some time with the kit

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa............................

i'm so excited that glooga deco didn't get totally butchered i am WINNING
not a kit that i expected whatsoever but point sensor sounds really nice for setting up both aggressive and defensive kills. and zooka is zooka lol can't complain about the instant death button

SyMag373

Inkster Jr.
Yeah honestly this kit feels like it's gonna be a menace to fight against, especially if you're the one wielding it. Can't wait to see you show it off!

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Compared to the other kits this season, I can't complain. I'm sure we all would have loved to see Fizzy, but at least the funny glue pistols didn't get something dumb like Dart or Wave.

I do have one burning question, though:
WHERE'S THE TRIPLE INKSTRIKE WEAPON?
We haven't had a new Strikes weapon since Fresh Season last year.
It's not going to be E-liter... is it?

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
With Glooga being not good at painting, but Zooka being one of the best specials, I'm wondering what the special output is.

Hazl_

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5397-0372-4418
The Kit isn't the worst thing in the world, I think zooka is pretty good for it but sensor doesn't really work for it as much as i wish it would. Glooga already doesn't paint the best so I was hoping for a bomb to help with that. Pretty solid kit though other than that. I really cant wait to try it out.

TheEggoEffect

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0136-8126-5525
It's a fine kit but I really would've preferred a bomb. Between this and naut, it's so disappointing that I waited a year and a half to get a second kit for both of my mains, only for them to each get half a kit.

IC4ntSp3ll

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1245-6738-3796
As others have already said, zooka is guaranteed to get value no mater what it lands on.

However, gloogas need a sub to cover for the main weapon. Wall lets gloogas take greater advantage of its “turret” mode. Fizzy on kGloogas helped with movement and paint, and gave it an option to poke with less commitment than the main weapon. However, point sensor has 0 value for gloogas, and makes s3 decos feel like a rebrand of s2 vgloogas.

In a vaccum this isnt terrible. But when you look outside the vacuum, it’s easy to pick any of the other zooka options (par vclash, but i'm not going into that here) or vgloogas over the new deco kit.

Adding salt (and the squeezing a lemon over) the wound, we have a [2 | 4 | 4] split for [good | ok | bad] kits this season, with the majority of the ok kits being direct downgrades that players unlock later than the vanilla kit. This was a trend throughout past seasons/kits and has gotten worse over time. This ends up as a disappointment for casual players too, because they will grind the game to get the alt kits just to get a mediocre kit thats not even a side-grade to the vanilla kit.

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
As others have already said, zooka is guaranteed to get value no mater what it lands on.

However, gloogas need a sub to cover for the main weapon. Wall lets gloogas take greater advantage of its “turret” mode. Fizzy on kGloogas helped with movement and paint, and gave it an option to poke with less commitment than the main weapon. However, point sensor has 0 value for gloogas, and makes s3 decos feel like a rebrand of s2 vgloogas.

In a vaccum this isnt terrible. But when you look outside the vacuum, it’s easy to pick any of the other zooka options (par vclash, but i'm not going into that here) or vgloogas over the new deco kit.

Adding salt (and the squeezing a lemon over) the wound, we have a [2 | 4 | 4] split for [good | ok | bad] kits this season, with the majority of the ok kits being direct downgrades that players unlock later than the vanilla kit. This was a trend throughout past seasons/kits and has gotten worse over time. This ends up as a disappointment for casual players too, because they will grind the game to get the alt kits just to get a mediocre kit thats not even a side-grade to the vanilla kit.
I wouldn't say that sensor has 0 value for Gloogas. I do agree that a painting sub would've been nice to help it but I feel like Glooga Deco can function fine without it; sensor gives Glooga the ability to clear ledges, corners and unchecked angles without even having to put itself at risk and that information can not only be used meaningful at a team level but at an individual one as well. Glooga is a weapon that has always been about spacing + knowing when and where you want to take your fights and sensor gives you more information on how you should effectively be doing that based on your opponents positioning. Plus it helps to guide your zooka shots, with the other zooka options Glooga uniquely has it's movement + high dmg for it's range tier and is currently the only dualie with zooka. I think Glooga will be much better at actively following up after it's zooka is over with the chip dmg, especailly thanks to it's long dodge rolls and max range being way better now. Vglooga currently with comeback is capable of getting 5-7 booyah's a game if not more if you add a few subs of special charge up; Deco will be capable of similar numbers.

I wouldn't view Glooga Deco as a downgrade or sidegrade it's a style change. The way I've been thinking about it is that Vglooga is always going to excel at stomping and shutting down short range weapons or long range weapons without options to deal with wall. But there are long range weapons that can shred both wall + booyah and strong arm Glooga, so this kit gives you a far more explosive option in Zooka + sensor pairs really well with the special naturally.

Again Fizzy or Torp would've absolutely been neat, but I don't think sensor is bad either and I think it's absolutely capable of getting value on Glooga, especially when paired with Zooka.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
However, point sensor has 0 value for gloogas, ...
disagreed a lot personally. having someone marked means you're able to dodge roll out from behind a wall and instantly land shots on someone before they know they're being shot at, which i think is really good value for gloogas in particular which have a pretty good kill time for their range. that + the typical value of being able to know in advance when someone is approaching you is very nice for a weapon that needs to set up its kills preemptively

But when you look outside the vacuum, it’s easy to pick any of the other zooka options ...
i also think the only weapon that directly competes with this kit is the squeezer probably, which has a similar range, kill time, paint, etc... though squeezer is also like, 210p now, and glooga deco will probably be quite a bit cheaper than that, so i could see glooga having the (admittedly small) niche of midrange slayer with decent zooka output, maybe? but besides that like. idk i think gloogas are a more fun weapon that squeezer so i'd pick it anyway lol. ultimately i don't think it's worse than any other zooka options, so i think it will be an option that can totally be chosen by people who like the weapon and be viable enough

we have a [2 | 4 | 4] split for [good | ok | bad] kits this season, with the majority of the ok kits being direct downgrades that players unlock later than the vanilla kit ...
i mean this gets a lot more subjective so i can't really say you're wrong but i will say that this isn't objectively true either, and there's certainly value in the new kits all getting a very different playstyle from their vanilla kits for the most part. naut/suction/splashdown for example is definitely mid but i think it'll be really fun for the people that wanted a more aggro naut kit. not the most competitively viable thing but that's not all that matters

edit: oops this is a little redundant with the post made while i was typing lol

IC4ntSp3ll

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1245-6738-3796
Compared to the other kits this season, I can't complain. I'm sure we all would have loved to see Fizzy, but at least the funny glue pistols didn't get something dumb like Dart or Wave.

I do have one burning question, though:
WHERE'S THE TRIPLE INKSTRIKE WEAPON?
We haven't had a new Strikes weapon since Fresh Season last year.
It's not going to be E-liter... is it?
I can’t believe I'm saying this, but dGloogas, as well as every kit thats gotten point sensor this season, would have benefited more from dart imo. They lack burst movement options (granted, gloogas have the roll but the end lag kinda negates that), and could have used the dart like a sprinkler/burst bomb to paint their feet in a pinch.

This would have given the deco kit a tool that the vanilla kit lacks, and would have made it stand out a bit more.

Also something something something dart adds a tool to poke with but we all know we aren’t hitting those marker directs.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
as well as every kit thats gotten point sensor this season
... did anything else even get point sensor? as far as i'm aware there isn't

also dart would have literally 0 combos with gloogas (unless you count 2 dual-fire shots but... no), and gloogas do not need something to paint their feet since, as you said, they already have dodge rolls. the end lag doesn't really negate is as much as you say since the rolls are pretty long; if you use both at once you can get a very sizable distance away from people, enough that they'd at least have to worry about returned fire if they try to chase you

like i'm not gonna sit here and argue that gloogas wouldn't have liked a bomb more but like. dart? really? that's the hill you wanna die on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom