• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Goodbye Old Meta (Patch 2.7.0 is Insane!)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
BRUH!!!!!! i almost passed out reading these patches, but MY GOD. THIS IS THE PATCH. forget 2.2.0, this is the patch that will seriously shake the meta game. i'm seriously starting to think some of the developers are on squidboards. massive buffs to my mains jet, splatter pro and splash-o-matic. and not to mention N-zap, slosher and hydra being a freaking 3 shot now. and the nerfs. ooh boy the nerfs. someone on this board talked about swim speed reduction with large weapons and it freaking happened (bit of a ridiculous and stupid nerf if you ask me). burst bomb got nerfed and buffed, chargers got nerfed, .96 is affected by defense up now. oh man i need a breather. best buffs of course are the ones for my mains, but damn. this is just too much to handle right now.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm kind of happy and sad. As some weapons got the nerf that they needed, but then some I question. The weapon affecting how fast/slow you move when in ink for is questionable, but I suppose logical. The range on the chargers being decreased when not fully charged I question as well, and why the scopes were nerfed to fit to the unscoped version. The fully charged thing is nice I guess, but bit concerned about the uncharged range.

Guess I should wait for the patch before I judge.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I am with you, I need to feel how chargers play now, since I don't know at all how they're going to handle now.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Hot damn. The things that stuck out for me are the Squelcher's movement while firing, Burst bomb nerfs and the Ink Mine buff. THE INK MINE BUFF! You can detonate a mine on command when you place another one!! This changes so much!

Feel a bit sorry for all the chargers out there, seems like they got the harshest of the nerfs. This is just so much to digest right now I can't really express all of my thoughts in one post so I'm just gonna wait for others to come in and point stuff out. WOW

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Feel a bit sorry for all the chargers out there, seems like they got the harshest of the nerfs
To me it is not much of a nerf in practice, since I either make short shots, or full charged shots, when I play Custom E-Liter 3k, so that 20% range change is not too bad, and 6% charge speed increase is pretty good. Also Hydra got a pretty big buff, since 3 shot kill at full charge is big, and with reduced range on uncharged shots for chargers makes Hydras much better at long range.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
actually, the first ink mine will just disappear.
Oh I must have gotten too exicted reading it. I thought by disappear they meant it would detonate. shrug

To me it is not much of a nerf in practice, since I either make short shots, or full charged shots, when I play Custom E-Liter 3k, so that 20% range change is not too bad, and 6% charge speed increase is pretty good. Also Hydra got a pretty big buff, since 3 shot kill at full charge is big, and with reduced range on uncharged shots for chargers makes Hydras much better at long range.
Yeah, I dont have much charger experience so I dont really know if the numbers are that consequential in practice. It just seemed like a big nerf on the paper. Idk

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Hmmm this is interesting. I'm sad about the burst bomb ink consumption but I think I can deal with it.

And as dynamos are my main source of salt, it makes me happy to see them nerfed.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The Hydra buff. *o* I will be beyond happy if we become a three shot weapon instead of a four shot one. :) This buff will only be a problem for Hydras who never fully charge their weapon. Personally, I'm almost always fully charging the Hydra unless I'm at very close range. So the buff is definitely going to help me. Somehow, I think the Hydra isn't going to be so underestimated after this new update. x) The Swim Speed reduction is a little odd but I can kinda see it. They're all supposed to be super heavy weapons like the Rainmaker. So it makes sense they would make you slower when carrying them.

I think everyone is excited over that .96 nerf. xD

I'm super happy about the Ink Mine buff. >w< I don't use them often but when I've used the Inkbrush Nouveau, it was always annoying that I couldn't place a new one until the previous blew up. And someone wasn't always around to detonate it quicker. So it'll definitely be more useful to be able to lay Ink Mines much quicker and easier.

The update is definitely going to change the meta. It'll be interesting to see which weapons will have increased use and which weapons will have a decreased use. With the nerf to Burst Bombs, I kind of wonder if Splat Chargers will take over as the favored charger. It seems E-Liters are most popular now but many relied heavily on the Burst Bombs. Without that heavy reliance, I wonder if they'll keep being popular like now.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Didn't see the Special Gauge penalties for certain weapons coming at all. Losing 75% of your Special when you get splatted is devastating.

Serious business.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Enjoying a lot of this new update, I keep a lot of my favorites. I hate running out of ink while flicking with a Carbon, and I can never get used to the weak range of the Splash-o-matic. The buffs for Seekers look nice, but I don't see much use other than charging up specials more, it's not like 3% more speed is going to make too much of a difference for splatting.
I like that burst bombs are still going to be useful in a more strategic way rather than a 'get away from me' button. The reduced ink cost seems like a bit of shame, but it makes sense with it's new painting abilities. I wish they did a little more with the Ink Mines buff though, it would've been great for them to explode with a new one placed and see what new plans came from it.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I like that burst bombs are still going to be useful in a more strategic way rather than a 'get away from me' button. The reduced ink cost seems like a bit of shame, but it makes sense with it's new painting abilities.
Yeah definitely. As a Carbon main I'm pretty content because I already use them strategically rather than as a panic button. I think it will effect Eliters a lot more than the other weapons.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Yeah definitely. As a Carbon main I'm pretty content because I already use them strategically rather than as a panic button. I think it will effect Eliters a lot more than the other weapons.
We definitely will suffer more. But at least it'll get rid of the ones with no aim and who only rely on the burst bombs for splats. I can do a partial charge, then burst bomb and call it a day. I guess there's an upside to it.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
We definitely will suffer more. But at least it'll get rid of the ones with no aim and who only rely on the burst bombs for splats. I can do a partial charge, then burst bomb and call it a day. I guess there's an upside to it.
Yeah I think so too. I get a stupid amount of long distance splats, even from the other side of walls/objects where people are hiding and as hilarious as I find it, it's not really fair, or at the very least it doesn't take much skill, so I think it's good that everyone will have to use them more cleverly.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Yeah I think so too. I get a stupid amount of long distance splats, even from the other side of walls/objects where people are hiding and as hilarious as I find it, it's not really fair, or at the very least it doesn't take much skill, so I think it's good that everyone will have to use them more cleverly.
Also on stages like Moray/Museum I've been burst bumped off the stage on multiple occasions so I'm glad they're reducing knockback because I don't think knocking people off the stage is what the sub was really intended for......

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Also on stages like Moray/Museum I've been burst bumped off the stage on multiple occasions so I'm glad they're reducing knockback because I don't think knocking people off the stage is what the sub was really intended for......
What the o_O I didn't know that's possible D= Yeah that's not great....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom