• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Or you get killed by the majestic jank that was the Inkzooka
It'd be Stingers doing that. They have the height to blast a zooka all the way across the map at you.

I hit LIKE but was crying when I did it.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
There should be waves with Uber-Bosses. Just one big salmonid with a kajillion HP and two or three dangerous attacks it chooses from randomly, that drops the full egg quota when it's beaten. (Then a normal wave starts so you have something to do and earn bonus eggs.)

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
There should be waves with Uber-Bosses. Just one big salmonid with a kajillion HP and two or three dangerous attacks it chooses from randomly, that drops the full egg quota when it's beaten. (Then a normal wave starts so you have something to do and earn bonus eggs.)
I was thinking that if you do well enough, then there should be a fourth wave. Maybe this is the boss that goes in it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Just a heads up: Never stick to the second island during high tide on Smokeyard, unless there's Stingers/Flyfish over there. Having at least one person on there will draw the attention of mobs and bosses to the second island, forcing everyone to start taking the platforms to the other island and kill bosses and haul eggs from there. This wastes excessive amounts of time and effort when it's so much easier to stick to your basket and have the salmonid come to you. It's faster, easier, and safer.

I keep seeing this happen and it's frustrating beyond words.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Weird shift today. Seemed like a decent load out. Didnt play that way, for me at least. It was usually a first wave knock out or barely make the quota completion.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Weird shift today. Seemed like a decent load out. Didnt play that way, for me at least. It was usually a first wave knock out or barely make the quota completion.
I only got to play until I reached 1200 points, but I thought it went pretty well for me. The only rounds I ever lost were in the third wave and it was usually because the e-liter couldn't do enough. I actually had one round where our first wave was grillers and we lost a player, but we actually won. On the third wave of that round we won another griller wave, so we ended up winning two griller waves with only three players. Just for future reference, the rotation was e-liter, flingza roller, tri-slosher, and aerospray on spawning grounds.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Discovered something fun with the Tenta Brella: you can deal damage by walking backwards onto a Salmonid with the tent open. A pretty niche use, but it sure helps when you get a bit crowded! (which happens pretty easily with such a slow weapon)

Also, in regards to that earlier Drizzler debate-I think the main reason people go for hitting the fish instead of its projectiles is because you can't always guarantee a splat with the projectiles. Projectiles just fly off in the direction that you shoot them, so you might miss the Drizzler entirely, and if you hit them twice, they just deflate and don't hit anything. It's still definitely worth it to hit the projectiles-Ink Storms can make everything a nightmare-but for some people, trying to angle it to get a splat takes too much time and concentration for a Run.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I try killing Drizzler with its ball if I'm using something like a Blaster that can't kill it in one go, or if I'm too far away from the Drizzler to shoot at it.

Apparently there's a glitch where if you set up a run with friends, and leave the lobby open for a while before seeking randoms, you'll end up not recruiting anyone. What are the steps for doing this? I have something I want to try with this glitch before they end up patching it. I tried a couple of times, only to succeed once.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I try killing Drizzler with its ball if I'm using something like a Blaster that can't kill it in one go, or if I'm too far away from the Drizzler to shoot at it.

Apparently there's a glitch where if you set up a run with friends, and leave the lobby open for a while before seeking randoms, you'll end up not recruiting anyone. What are the steps for doing this? I have something I want to try with this glitch before they end up patching it. I tried a couple of times, only to succeed once.
It's time-based. Just set up a friends-only room with a password and wait 2 to 3 minutes before starting, you'll go in alone.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I set a personal best on this rotation, reaching a max of profresh 320. Teams were really uneven, sometimes I would be the worst on the team and we easily won, but I also had at least 6 battles with 8 or more saves. I really like each if these weapons as individuals in other game modes and I think they work together alright. I am firmly convinced that the heavy splatling is a top tier weapon in SR due to its incredible power, despite its charge time. I also discovered that the splat brella's brella works really well on glowfly rounds.
Weapons were heavy splatling, blaster, splat brella, and splattershot pro.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Today has been a super educational day for me! I've learned:
  • In the "Sneaky Goldie is hiding" missions, it's actually possible to splat Goldie! Takes a lot of hits, though, and it's just an extra five eggs+losing the pressure of thinking there's more you could have got.
  • Griller missions are actually really fun with a good team! I used to always hate them, but I got blessed with an amazing team that knew how to make quick work of them!
  • Turns out you can actually hit a Drizzler from below when it's flying! It's too hard to actually get a splat on it, though-you'd have to use a special or have already hit it before for it to be useful.
Also, in another bit of "ideas for Salmon Run that could never be canon"-I think it'd be really cool if we got "Grizzco Specials", specials designed to suit Salmon Run. There could be a bag that carried more than one golden egg, a glowfly jar that you throw to distract Salmonids, or maybe something that could restore a teammate at a distance.

Last edited:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is it just me or are most blasters garbage in SR? I see the luna or clash I am not as salty as when I see the others.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I don't like the Clash or normal Blaster, but the others aren't bad. Luna plows through Chum and Smallfry like no one's business. Range and Rapid can hit Steelheads and still mince Chum pretty well. But the Clash loses too much power and the normal Blaster loses too much speed. Haven't tried the Rapid Pro, but it doesn't sound great on paper (basically the Rapid but slower--the extra range isn't usually valuable at that point).

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I quite like Blasters in SR. Their DPS isn't as good as a shooter, but they're generally good at crowd control. If you direct a chum within a group of chums, then most of them will take damage/die. If Blasters excel at one thing, it's taking down Stingers. If I ever get a Blaster, I designate myself to Stinger duty. One thing Blasters can do that no other weapon can is kill Scrappers when a teammate gets its back turned to a wall.

My biggest issue with Blasters is their low DPS. Luna is the only Blaster that can take out a Steelhead in one go, and that is only if you can get a lucky direct when jumping below it. Unless a teammate is also firing at a Drizzler, I often find that shooting at one with a Blaster is a waste of time, since it takes a long time to kill one with a Blaster.

The Rapid Blaster Pro is nice. It has a few niches that make it pretty fun. It is king in two areas. One is taking out Stingers. You can safely take out Stingers in some ridiculous spots with the Rapid Blaster Pro. That long pier on Marooner's Bay? Don't have to dive into danger when you can just kill it from land! Same with the islands on low tide Spawning Grounds. Rapid Blaster Pro is also the best weapon in mothership waves. Because it's a straight blast instead of falling ink, it's easier to use for it than Jet, and the blast makes it more likely to take out the coffin things.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The best blaster is still Grizzco, lol. Lightweight and a stupidly high damage output means you can practically solo the entire salmon horde. Talking about that i really hope we'll get a new Grizzco weapon soon!

Clash is nice because it's a lightweight and those are always useful for ferrying off eggs. Luna is still the best imo, it has excellent dps and crowd control to mop up the crowd fast enough. The rest is mostly mediocre.

The only ones i consider weak are range blaster/rapid pro, their dps is way too weak to make too much use out of them. Kinda funny, considering how strong range blaster is in normal gamemodes.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
I'm really confused as to what role the Dynamo Roller is supposed to play. I thought it was Chum control at first, but we've got the Splattershot in this rotation, which is faster, more ink-efficient, and doesn't have a swim penalty. Only thing Dynamo's got on it is that Dynamos can oneshot Cohocks-and that's only if you have it to the ground. Then I thought it was a boss-killer, but once again, it's outclassed by another weapon-the Squiffer fires faster, swims faster, and uses less ink. Dynamo can't oneshot anyone besides a Steelhead, either. Is it supposed to be a penalty weapon, or am I missing something?

EDIT: Got an answer just after I posted this! Dynamos are amazing at those "Sneaky Goldie" missions. Plow over Goldie and every egg stuffed in it, and then just run up and down and smash the millions of Snatchers that come to collect!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom