• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
What would be the nightmare load out? I think goo tuber and ink brush are automatic includes. Trying to figure out the other 2. Hydra and dyno come to mind due to the speed but they are heavy hitters and the roller is like god mode for the glowfly shift.

Thoughts?
For me, it's something like:

Goo Tuber
Octobrush
H3 Nozzlenose
Tenta Brella

Glooga Dualies might replace H3, but we haven't had the pleasure of trying them yet.

I saw some guy stand by the Drizzler and knock the ball thing back at it immediately after it released it. I need to learn this legendary technique.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Personally I dont mind seeing the Nozzle and Brella when I punch in to start my shift.
Have not had the pleasure to use the Gloogas yet and this legendary technique you speak of piques my interest. I must learn more.

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
I saw some guy stand by the Drizzler and knock the ball thing back at it immediately after it released it. I need to learn this legendary technique.
I got curious about that technique! Are you sure it wasn't a lag issue or something? When the green ball is launched, it has some kind a steel armor that repels our shots. The armor drops down one or two seconds later and only then you can shoot the ball back to the Drizzler. Anyway, if that immediate knock back technique is really possible, that must be passed on to us poor employees!

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I don't think it's lag. The trick is done by someone I occasionally Salmon Run with. Every time I ask him, he doesn't answer me.

I thought of one thing. It MIGHT be roller only. I saw him do it with a Dynamo, and I forget what he did it with the first few times. It might just be a matter of timing. If so, it should be doable, since I have the pattern in my head.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The absolute worst load-out would probably be:

-Tenta Brella
-Inkbrush
-Goo Tuber/E4K Scoped
-Hydra Splatling

All of these weapons have strong flaws in terms of mobility and dps, meaning they're going down quickly. The odd one out is the speedy inkbrush but it absolutely cannot put up a decent fight even when you compare it to the other heavy weapons on the team. The decision of picking either Goo Tuber or E4K scoped depends on whenever you want to have terrible dps and a charge time that's slow as molasses or another ridiculously immobile heavyweight without any hold charge.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Okay...I just went from 99+ Profreshional to 40/99 Go-getter thanks to like, three losses and two disconnects. What the hell is up with that? The Profreshional bar just went from full to nothing, and it drained 79 friggin' points of Over-Achiever after one match.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It shouldn't do that. You lose 20 points for a 1st-wave loss and de-rank (down to 40) if you drop below zero. You can also never have a rank that isn't a multiple of 10. 5 1st-wave losses at Profreshional 100 should drop you to Profreshional 0. Remember that your rank always resets to 40 in every new wave, so 6 horrible losses from scratch (or even two 1st-wave losses and one 2nd-wave loss, and then another two 1st-wave losses and one 2nd-wave loss) would indeed de-rank you twice.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, that ain't what happened. Maybe it has to do with disconnects.

All I know is, it's a f'n drag. By now I would've hit 1200pts usually, but I'm at 700 now. Going from 200% x 70 eggs to 155% x 40 eggs just sucks.

Padre

Pro Squid
I went down yesterday also from Profreshional to Go-Getter 10...
One disconnect and twice I was solo.
It is going to take a while to get back...

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I just play this until I fall until profreshional 20/99 , my anger can't afford dropping Salmon Run Rank.

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
Never let your rank go below profresh 20. It isnt worth the aggravation. SR OA and GG are more salt inducing than solo ranked and they're boring to boot when you're used to the pace of ptofresh. Plus nintendo hasnt fixed deranking due to DCs which means even a god like player has to respect profresh 20 as a stopping pt.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, it's not anyone's intention to go below 20, but if you're 20 and you lose, that's that. You could just not play SR for the rest of eternity, but that's not gonna help.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
SR's rank resets to 40 in profresh with every shift. I don't know if this is the same for the lower ranks as i haven't really deranked since i reached profresh, nor did my score linger below 40. I can easily reach 100+ even with bad teams in the mix, and i'm far from a pro player.
I personally find SR to be a pretty chill mode. You get rewarded no matter what, and ranking back up is a lot easier here than in normal ranked mode.

Additionally, if someone d/c's in SR the amount of eggs you need to pass a wave will get reduced, often in the single digits. It's certainly doable to win a run with a 3-man team.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
These past few Salmon Run loadouts have been really good. Something's up. They're buttering us up with all these good loadouts. Are they lowering our guards for a nightmare loadout? All Charger loadout? ALL GLOOGA DUALIE LOADOUT?!

Speaking of which, Glooga Dualies definitely take a spot in "dream nightmare loadout". Bad in every aspect. Bad DPS, can't paint, and consumes alot of ink. What were they thinking when they made these?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
SR's rank resets to 40 in profresh with every shift. I don't know if this is the same for the lower ranks as i haven't really deranked since i reached profresh, nor did my score linger below 40. I can easily reach 100+ even with bad teams in the mix, and i'm far from a pro player.
I personally find SR to be a pretty chill mode. You get rewarded no matter what, and ranking back up is a lot easier here than in normal ranked mode.
That's how it is for me usually too, but I just got some real bad luck...

Anyway, I did finally get back to Profreshional. I tend to get annoyed by teammates a bit during SR, but dropping down in rank really made me appreciate the Profreshional workers.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really dig how well this new Grizzco gear goes together with the Dust Blocker and the Angry Rain Boots. If I can get the right abilities on it, I can make myself a nice Grizzco set.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I quite like the Squeezer in Salmon Run. It's effectively a combination of SS Jr and SS Pro. While in pvp tap shooting is recommended for combat in general, but I found that holding the fire button is better against smaller enemies and in situations where DPS is important. I found myself using tap shooting mostly for its range. It's a nice change in style.

Tails97

Inkling
NNID
mephiles97
I quite like the Squeezer in Salmon Run.
I enjoy the Squeezer myself in SR, just not when a random teammate has it and refuses to shoot the mothership (because a Bamboozler, Octobrush, and Splat Brella definitely ain't gonna cut it by themselves). I agree with it being a nice change in style. It seems like a very nice weapon though I've only gotten it once so far.

Anyway, personally I quite like the random weapon system of SR, even if it sometimes results in the dreaded True Nightmare weapon round. It's gotten me to try out some vastly different weapons (quite a few of which I haven't unlocked yet, but then I'm just level 15 since I just got the game) and either sink or swim, depending on the other loaned weapons. It's been both a strange mix of extremely salt-inducing depending on the weapons or a very pleasant surprise of liking the random weapons loaned to me. Been quite fun as a whole, even if it does induce a headache sometimes. Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom