1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

th.jpg This is what I felt like with the GrizzCo blaster..

May go to HR over the gootube and the amount of times I got it during the random shift...

Debbie, Mr. 9, Yin_ and 1 other person like this.
  2. MissingNumbers

MissingNumbers Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MissingN
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4262-2166-2532
    That's just how company speeches work, always.

[CÇ]Brook likes this.
  3. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

It makes sense from a gameplay pov, in the same way it makes no in-universe sense that Bowser would hide powerups Mario can use in his castle, but yet there they are.

[CÇ]Brook likes this.
  4. Jon914

Jon914 Pro Squid

I like being the charger in Salmon Run, but why does Mr. Grizz always give us scoped chargers on Lost Outpost? He hates his employees. :(

Danku, calamaro and Slurmp like this.
  5. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Why does he give us chargers at all?

6. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    So does every other large corporation.

[CÇ]Brook, Debbie and Jon914 like this.
  7. くコ:彡 - ROXY

くコ:彡 - ROXY Full Squid

NNID:
    Spamus
    I hope they do the mystery weapon thing again or more often. I like not know what weapon I'll get next ^^

Debbie likes this.
  8. Silxer

Silxer Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Dan1771
    I for one love one hit splatting those stealheads with the Splat Charger, but I only like the Splat Charger in Salmon Run... every other charger has some sort of flaw that makes me not like them as much (whether it be to low damage and low range with uncharged shots from the Squiffer, or just being tooooo slow to use like the E-Liter 4K).

seaWEED and Hero of Lime like this.
  9. Wosie

Wosie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    I love using chargers in SR! I like all of them, but I think mostly the E-liter 4k without the scope. :)
    You guys! Only 12 minutes left until Grizzco Industries is up and running again! Yeehaaw. :D

10. Либра

Либра 「Pavor Nocturnus」

Because there's people who love to play chargers for a living (or: in-game moneys) and are actually super happy to get them handed out in Salmon Run like I do! Yes, even you, scoped E-Liter and Goof-Tuber, even you.

SillySocks, Wosie, Yin_ and 2 others like this.
  11. Berry

Berry Senior Squid

NNID:
    BlazzBerry
    Y'know, this comp isnt so bad. The inkbrush is something to worry with on high tide griller waves but everythimg else compliments the weapon.

Dessgeega likes this.
  12. Jon914

Jon914 Pro Squid

The Inkbrush is awesome on this map because of all the grates. On Grillers, I'd focus on the smallfry and hope the others are savvy enough to use the wall "trick".

Yin_ and Dessgeega like this.
  13. calamaro

I dunno whats more satisfying splat bombing a Maws or an one shot steel head kill.

*slips a note into the suggestion box* "Dear Mr.Grizz stop with the inkbrushes."

Debbie and Hero of Lime like this.
  14. kidsquid17

kidsquid17 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Firefin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5267-5861-7211
    I agree, this would be great for flyfish, yes you can kill it in one missile launch but its hard when you're being bombarded by other salmonoids.

15. J'Wiz

J'Wiz Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    JWiz
    I like getting the charger on Salmon run. I practice with them, so I'm sure I can contribute. Actually I dislike the loadouts where I don't get the charger. For the past two, it has been the Bomb Rush lineup that didn't have the Chargers.

The Brushes can be nice in the right circumstances. They are lacking in damage, but they're good for staying alive and fetching eggs.

The mention of the wall "trick" in Lost Outpost beings up a question. What's the general opinion of it? I see some runs where if someone tries it, everyone else on the team will spam "This way!" until he/she gets off of the wall. I think it makes Glowfly rushes a little less stressful, since you have more time to refill your ink. For Grillers, I prefer to use the step outside of the building.

16. Jon914

Jon914 Pro Squid

The wall trick works if your teammates take the grillers out quickly and make sure to take down the small fry, so you don't get mauled. When everyone does their job, the round is effortless.

On some loadouts, if 2 different people are targeted, and there may not be enough firepower to take out both. A special may be needed to hurry it up, but it's better used that way than in a panic when things go south.

I haven't tried the trick on rushes. Being down one on firepower could be a handicap.

17. calamaro

Has anyone ever gone the whole Griller round with the inkbrush and not died at least one time? That set up is my bane.

Debbie and Berry like this.
  18. Spraylan

Spraylan Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    JonasOrtega
    Mr Grizz sent you out with a Dynamo Roller because he wanted you to die.

19. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Still better than retail :p I want another all-shooter loadout, those were magical.

20. John W

John W Inkster Jr.
    Content Team

NNID:
    RetruateStudios
    I've got to say the first load-out of the game was probably the best. It had the vanilla weapons of each class. Very balanced. I wish we could have loud-outs like that again.