• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Why does he give us chargers at all?
I for one love one hit splatting those stealheads with the Splat Charger, but I only like the Splat Charger in Salmon Run... every other charger has some sort of flaw that makes me not like them as much (whether it be to low damage and low range with uncharged shots from the Squiffer, or just being tooooo slow to use like the E-Liter 4K).

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Y'know, this comp isnt so bad. The inkbrush is something to worry with on high tide griller waves but everythimg else compliments the weapon.

Jon914

Pro Squid
Y'know, this comp isnt so bad. The inkbrush is something to worry with on high tide griller waves but everythimg else compliments the weapon.
The Inkbrush is awesome on this map because of all the grates. On Grillers, I'd focus on the smallfry and hope the others are savvy enough to use the wall "trick".

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dunno whats more satisfying splat bombing a Maws or an one shot steel head kill.

*slips a note into the suggestion box* "Dear Mr.Grizz stop with the inkbrushes."

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
Ink recovery. And I thought reloading in the competitive modes could be intense...
I agree, this would be great for flyfish, yes you can kill it in one missile launch but its hard when you're being bombarded by other salmonoids.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I like getting the charger on Salmon run. I practice with them, so I'm sure I can contribute. Actually I dislike the loadouts where I don't get the charger. For the past two, it has been the Bomb Rush lineup that didn't have the Chargers.

The Brushes can be nice in the right circumstances. They are lacking in damage, but they're good for staying alive and fetching eggs.

The mention of the wall "trick" in Lost Outpost beings up a question. What's the general opinion of it? I see some runs where if someone tries it, everyone else on the team will spam "This way!" until he/she gets off of the wall. I think it makes Glowfly rushes a little less stressful, since you have more time to refill your ink. For Grillers, I prefer to use the step outside of the building.

Jon914

Pro Squid
The wall trick works if your teammates take the grillers out quickly and make sure to take down the small fry, so you don't get mauled. When everyone does their job, the round is effortless.

On some loadouts, if 2 different people are targeted, and there may not be enough firepower to take out both. A special may be needed to hurry it up, but it's better used that way than in a panic when things go south.

I haven't tried the trick on rushes. Being down one on firepower could be a handicap.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Has anyone ever gone the whole Griller round with the inkbrush and not died at least one time? That set up is my bane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom