• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
It makes sense from a gameplay pov, in the same way it makes no in-universe sense that Bowser would hide powerups Mario can use in his castle, but yet there they are.
Like how in movies, Ancient Temples have escape routes to get to the treasure?

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I really don't think there is a worse weapon than the goo tuber in Salmon Squad. Its signature, holding a charge a long time, has almost no use, it takes too long, it has no range, it does little damage...yeah. I think Mr. Grizz is just a psycho that enjoys watching his employees suffer.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really don't think there is a worse weapon than the goo tuber in Salmon Squad. Its signature, holding a charge a long time, has almost no use, it takes too long, it has no range, it does little damage...yeah. I think Mr. Grizz is just a psycho that enjoys watching his employees suffer.
Heh I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the eggs are worth more if they are coated in the blood, sweat, and tears of a Goo Tuber user?

Its a coin toss between the Tuber and the Inkbrush for the most useless weapon. The brushes only saving grace is the ability to run along the grates at the outpost I think.

dishwasher

Full Squid
Woah that's so weird. I was actually doing really well with the Goo Tuber last night. Mind you, my teammates tended to be brutal, but hey, at least we didn't have a dynamo roller on the team too haha.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Woah that's so weird. I was actually doing really well with the Goo Tuber last night. Mind you, my teammates tended to be brutal, but hey, at least we didn't have a dynamo roller on the team too haha.
...Am I the only one who actually enjoys using the Dynamo Roller? o_O

I'm kinda bummed there is no Salmon Run today, now what am I to do? D; Turf war doesn't quite cut it for me, and I have to lay off ranked for a while... Time to go back to my Stephen King novel I guess. ;) *brews some tea*

Edit: Scratch that, I will play some TW anyway (I'm this close to being Super Fresh with my Custom Splattershot Jr.) and then read S.K. :D

Last edited:

dishwasher

Full Squid
...Am I the only one who actually enjoys using the Dynamo Roller? o_O

I'm kinda bummed there is no Salmon Run today, now what am I to do? D; Turf war doesn't quite cut it for me, and I have to lay off ranked for a while... Time to go back to my Stephen King novel I guess. ;) *brews some tea*

Edit: Scratch that, I will play some TW anyway (I'm this close to being Super Fresh with my Custom Splattershot Jr.) and then read S.K. :D
Oh I have no problem/kinda like using the dynamo. The issue lies with the fact having a Goo Tuber AND the Dynamo would spell trouble as people tend to not know how to use all the weapons effectively haha.

And ooo what S.K. novel?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Oh I have no problem/kinda like using the dynamo. The issue lies with the fact having a Goo Tuber AND the Dynamo would spell trouble as people tend to not know how to use all the weapons effectively haha.

And ooo what S.K. novel?
Ah, I see! I agree with you on that. *^.^* The main problem with the Goo Tuber seems to be its ridiculously slow charge time, especially considering that its range isn't that impressive to begin with... :confused:
And just so you know--I couldn't use the Dynamo in turf wars, but in Salmon Run it's a hoot. =D I love charging into Cohocks with it, like they're nothing!

Myay, are you also a S.K. fan? :D I've probably read 20 books written by him... Right now I'm reading "Four past Midnight", a collection of four novels released in '90. :)

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I don't think the goo tuber is worthless, I just think it has no use in SR. In the right hands any weapon can be good, but the goo tuber (to my knowledge, don't take any of this as fact) charges about as slow as the e-liter, but the e-liter can one shot a steel eel. The goo tuber also has less range than the splat charger, so any charger would be better, except for the scoped e-liter on lost outpost.

Also, any charger is bad on lost outpost, and average players are bad.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Yeah, this weapon clearly wasn't made for salmon run at all x.x
It has the things you don't need/want for a mode like Salmon Run.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Also, any charger is bad on lost outpost, and average players are bad.
Good thing I'm not an average player then! :D

But in all seriousness, no charger messes with my timing on Griller Waves more than the Goo-Tuber does, for all the previously stated reasons. Its strengths simply do not shine in this mode and if you cram it together with a Mini Splatling like in the last rotation, even I have to say that said Splatling outshines the Goo-Tuber in pretty much every aspect, as it charges much faster and can take out Steelheads much easier in the heat of the fight than the Goo-Tuber would.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
This round is actually the worst. I had two consecutive rounds where I had over 12 saves and we were still wiped. I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.
Haha, I chuckled a little when reading your post. x*) I simply have to go online and try this out now. :D May Lawd have mercy on my soul...
...I will keep you posted on how it goes. ;)

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
This round is actually the worst. I had two consecutive rounds where I had over 12 saves and we were still wiped. I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.
Really? I played this today and found it to be one of the most comfy unconventional load-outs by far. I'm sorry you had this experience though, maybe having played with excellent people has smoothed things out enough for the weapon rotation to simply not matter - and I should try solo-queuing a bit to get a better impression of the usual experience.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Alrighty, I just returned from having played today's SR for 1½ hours and here's my verdict:

With experienced, strong players, it can be quite fun. Otherwise, dying in the first wave is a possibility... As soon as one person dies, there's now an elevated risk the others will follow, and I mean extremely quickly.
It's very hard to clear mobs efficiently with these weapons, so it seems like a good idea that people hang out two & two, so that both can deal some damage. Cohocks are definitely scarier with this loadout.

Thanks to my teammates al_dog, Kjellm87 and Palerad I had a swell time in my last couple of matches. It didn't seem all that hard playing this SR with them. :D

dishwasher

Full Squid
My experience with the loadout? I got to profreshional 250 with it while freelancing. I found the .96 Gal and H3 to be really effective at dealing some serious damage quite quickly. Steelheads were a non issue as they could be handled by one person, especially with the range. I was actually finding the .96 Gal was even pretty effective at dealing with being swarmed due to the fact its damage is so high.
Overall, this was/is a really fun loadout for me as I didn't have to worry about someone not being good with a charger.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
My experience with the loadout? I got to profreshional 250 with it while freelancing. I found the .96 Gal and H3 to be really effective at dealing some serious damage quite quickly. Steelheads were a non issue as they could be handled by one person, especially with the range. I was actually finding the .96 Gal was even pretty effective at dealing with being swarmed due to the fact its damage is so high.
Overall, this was/is a really fun loadout for me as I didn't have to worry about someone not being good with a charger.
250, eh? Good job! ^.^ I was stuck around Pro 60 for a while (at least I didn't de-rank x*)), but managed to make my way up to 100 before I quit.
I nearly always freelance, as I don't have many active Salmon Run buddies who have open rooms. Hopefully I'll do better after a little pause of playing. C:

dishwasher

Full Squid
250, eh? Good job! ^.^ I was stuck around Pro 60 for a while (at least I didn't de-rank x*)), but managed to make my way up to 100 before I quit.
I nearly always freelance, as I don't have many active Salmon Run buddies who have open rooms. Hopefully I'll do better after a little pause of playing. C:
Thanks!! And hmm, when are you usually able to play? I'd totally be down to party up haha. I can usually play only Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and sometimes Saturday/Sunday nights (from 6PM - 11PM EST).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom