1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Jon914

Jon914 Pro Squid

Upcoming Loadout in 2 days...

L3-Nozzlenose
    H3-Nozzlenose
    .52 Gal
    .96 Gal

Woo, this will be interesting...

Hero of Lime, calamaro and Flopps like this.
  2. Flopps

Flopps Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3195-9273-4326
    Like how in movies, Ancient Temples have escape routes to get to the treasure?

3. MeTaGross

MeTaGross Inkling Cadet

I really don't think there is a worse weapon than the goo tuber in Salmon Squad. Its signature, holding a charge a long time, has almost no use, it takes too long, it has no range, it does little damage...yeah. I think Mr. Grizz is just a psycho that enjoys watching his employees suffer.

Drew Sebastino, Flopps and Либра like this.
  4. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Heh I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the eggs are worth more if they are coated in the blood, sweat, and tears of a Goo Tuber user?

Its a coin toss between the Tuber and the Inkbrush for the most useless weapon. The brushes only saving grace is the ability to run along the grates at the outpost I think.

5. dishwasher

dishwasher Full Squid

Woah that's so weird. I was actually doing really well with the Goo Tuber last night. Mind you, my teammates tended to be brutal, but hey, at least we didn't have a dynamo roller on the team too haha.

6. Wosie

Wosie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    ...Am I the only one who actually enjoys using the Dynamo Roller? o_O

I'm kinda bummed there is no Salmon Run today, now what am I to do? D; Turf war doesn't quite cut it for me, and I have to lay off ranked for a while... Time to go back to my Stephen King novel I guess. ;) *brews some tea*

Edit: Scratch that, I will play some TW anyway (I'm this close to being Super Fresh with my Custom Splattershot Jr.) and then read S.K. :D

#46 Wosie, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. NanoFlame

NanoFlame Inkling

To be honest, I'm surprised that the goo tuber wasn't buffed in the 1.3 patch. :confused:

Drew Sebastino and Wosie like this.
  8. dishwasher

dishwasher Full Squid

Oh I have no problem/kinda like using the dynamo. The issue lies with the fact having a Goo Tuber AND the Dynamo would spell trouble as people tend to not know how to use all the weapons effectively haha.

And ooo what S.K. novel?

Wosie likes this.
  9. Wosie

Wosie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    Ah, I see! I agree with you on that. *^.^* The main problem with the Goo Tuber seems to be its ridiculously slow charge time, especially considering that its range isn't that impressive to begin with... :confused:
    And just so you know--I couldn't use the Dynamo in turf wars, but in Salmon Run it's a hoot. =D I love charging into Cohocks with it, like they're nothing!

Myay, are you also a S.K. fan? :D I've probably read 20 books written by him... Right now I'm reading "Four past Midnight", a collection of four novels released in '90. :)

10. MeTaGross

MeTaGross Inkling Cadet

I don't think the goo tuber is worthless, I just think it has no use in SR. In the right hands any weapon can be good, but the goo tuber (to my knowledge, don't take any of this as fact) charges about as slow as the e-liter, but the e-liter can one shot a steel eel. The goo tuber also has less range than the splat charger, so any charger would be better, except for the scoped e-liter on lost outpost.

Also, any charger is bad on lost outpost, and average players are bad.

11. Goolloom

Goolloom Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Goolloom222
    Yeah, this weapon clearly wasn't made for salmon run at all x.x
    It has the things you don't need/want for a mode like Salmon Run.

12. Либра

Либра 「Pavor Nocturnus」

Good thing I'm not an average player then! :D

But in all seriousness, no charger messes with my timing on Griller Waves more than the Goo-Tuber does, for all the previously stated reasons. Its strengths simply do not shine in this mode and if you cram it together with a Mini Splatling like in the last rotation, even I have to say that said Splatling outshines the Goo-Tuber in pretty much every aspect, as it charges much faster and can take out Steelheads much easier in the heat of the fight than the Goo-Tuber would.

Dessgeega likes this.
  13. dishwasher

dishwasher Full Squid

Who's ready for a Nozzlenose and Gal round??

Flopps, Wosie, Silxer and 3 others like this.
  14. MeTaGross

MeTaGross Inkling Cadet

This round is actually the worst. I had two consecutive rounds where I had over 12 saves and we were still wiped. I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.

15. Wosie

Wosie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    Haha, I chuckled a little when reading your post. x*) I simply have to go online and try this out now. :D May Lawd have mercy on my soul...
    ...I will keep you posted on how it goes. ;)

16. Либра

Либра 「Pavor Nocturnus」

Really? I played this today and found it to be one of the most comfy unconventional load-outs by far. I'm sorry you had this experience though, maybe having played with excellent people has smoothed things out enough for the weapon rotation to simply not matter - and I should try solo-queuing a bit to get a better impression of the usual experience.

17. Wosie

Wosie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    Alrighty, I just returned from having played today's SR for 1½ hours and here's my verdict:

With experienced, strong players, it can be quite fun. Otherwise, dying in the first wave is a possibility... As soon as one person dies, there's now an elevated risk the others will follow, and I mean extremely quickly.
    It's very hard to clear mobs efficiently with these weapons, so it seems like a good idea that people hang out two & two, so that both can deal some damage. Cohocks are definitely scarier with this loadout.

Thanks to my teammates al_dog, Kjellm87 and Palerad I had a swell time in my last couple of matches. It didn't seem all that hard playing this SR with them. :D

18. dishwasher

dishwasher Full Squid

My experience with the loadout? I got to profreshional 250 with it while freelancing. I found the .96 Gal and H3 to be really effective at dealing some serious damage quite quickly. Steelheads were a non issue as they could be handled by one person, especially with the range. I was actually finding the .96 Gal was even pretty effective at dealing with being swarmed due to the fact its damage is so high.
    Overall, this was/is a really fun loadout for me as I didn't have to worry about someone not being good with a charger.

Wosie likes this.
  19. Wosie

Wosie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    purpleWosie
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7996-5480-4886
    250, eh? Good job! ^.^ I was stuck around Pro 60 for a while (at least I didn't de-rank x*)), but managed to make my way up to 100 before I quit.
    I nearly always freelance, as I don't have many active Salmon Run buddies who have open rooms. Hopefully I'll do better after a little pause of playing. C:

20. dishwasher

dishwasher Full Squid

Thanks!! And hmm, when are you usually able to play? I'd totally be down to party up haha. I can usually play only Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and sometimes Saturday/Sunday nights (from 6PM - 11PM EST).