• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I play all day erryday. xD Hehe nah, I mostly play around 12 PM-8 PM my time, which is six hours ahead of EST. It seems we mightn't be able to play much, but I'd still like to add you! C: Y'never know!

Oh, and, I ended today's Salmon Run with Pro 210, which I'm pleased with. =) I joined a crew of players from the Reddit Splatoon Discord group, though, so maybe it got a little easier because of that. *^.^*
I think it's very hard to finish a run when the tide's high with these weapons, phew!

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Wasn't as bad as I initially thought. The L,H-3's and Gals work really really well together when paired with a teammate to K.O a boss. Went through my entire freelance to the super bonus only failing on wave 3. I was wondering where everyone went....only to notice I was the last one alive to revive people. We couldn't get enough eggs in time .-. That seems to be how freelance is nowadays tbh.

But on the matches that went well usually looked like this.

Overall, good weapon comp!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
First of all,
I declare this to be the unofficial Salmon Run anthem.

None shall pass!

Second of all, hoo boy was today a good day. You'd think a gimmick loadout like today's would result in nightmarish wipeouts, the likes of which no Clash Blaster + Dynamo Roller combo could ever hope for. And yet, we consistently did pretty well. Perhaps I just got lucky and got paired with the sort of teammates that are quick to work together efficiently, but I was seeing a lot of really wonderful teamwork throughout all the shifts I played. Even when there was a bad player on the team, we managed to make do. Even when we got swamped, it was almost always a result of getting overrun by Salmonids rather than any faulty play of ours.

You don't get this sort of excellence every day; heck, I can recall only one other Salmon Run session that went so swimmingly. It's something to cherish, definitely.

2017092715320400-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not a bad load out. The darn things look to much alike. Found myself holding in the trigger when I had a nozzle hose thinking it was a gal (i always forget to read what weapon I got at the start of the stage) or vice versa.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Not a bad load out. The darn things look to much alike. Found myself holding in the trigger when I had a nozzle hose thinking it was a gal (i always forget to read what weapon I got at the start of the stage) or vice versa.
Glad i'm not the only one. :P

I wondering though, when will we get a new grizco weapon?
Will it be a splat charger with bamboozler charge time?

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
That pressure you feel when you play with a squad, and you're the "stupid random". I don't think I held them back. Admittedly the .gal & Nozzlenose day went surprisingly smooth.

Mr. Grizz loves giving me EXP tickets. I have about 20 of them, and I have no money drinks, so let's give me more EXP tickets!

Attachments

Last edited:

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Good day, fellow Grizzco work buddies! c: How do you feel about today's load-out? And most importantly--how do you like October's piece of Grizzco gear?

For me it's easily my favourite of the ones that've been rewarded thus far (I don't like the others, to be perfectly honest), this one actually looks nice. :D I'm sporting it right now, along with the Retro Specs and White Norimaki 750s. :)

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
New gear is pretty fresh I think. Enjoyed the load out Sunday. Always get a grin on my face when I see some form of bucket.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm not a fan of the Grizzco gear, it just isn't my style, but the Juice Parka is the one I'm most likely to wear so far. I dig parkas and similar coats. The loadout as solid as well, just a set of straight-forward set of fish fillet tools :p

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
My irl job keeps getting in the way of Salmon Run. I wish GrizzCo paid the bills.

Raxel920

Full Squid
I'm not sure wether I suck, my teams suck, or the load out sucked. Either way, my rank didn't budge, but I am definately not a big fan of the Mini Splatling - Too ink-hungry, bursts so tiny it's almost like a shooter. It was a refreshment going back to Spawning Grounds. I'll tell how tonight goes.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mini Splatling is a also tough weapon to use myself.

Had a group today of randoms is was almost like we were doing a training video. I got no booyah`s back at the start of the match. Every one was on the same page during all 3 waves. Think as a group we got splatted like 4 times. End of shift we all kinda walked to the center of the map I did a little squid dance and they just stood there.. got kinda weird. So we just stood there until we jumped back to the boat.. Almost zen like.

Sadly after that I guess the suits from upstairs came to slum it a bit with us workers because it was a garbage time slog to get to max pay after that.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Maybe it's because I'm low tier, but I had so many team wipes due to Glowflies today... Is packing some bug repellant oil in with our equipment really that much to ask?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Maybe it's because I'm low tier, but I had so many team wipes due to Glowflies today... Is packing some bug repellant oil in with our equipment really that much to ask?
Just a li'l tip: If you happen to receive a Roller during a Glowfly event, you're in luck! It's an awesome weapon for both Glowflies and the Goldie Seeking event. Just stand still, hold down the Roller, and watch those crazed Salmonids go!~

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
During griller/glowfly rounds it's best to sit on a specific point all together where all the mobs can be neatly funneled into one corridor to gun down.

With glowflies my strategy is to basically never stop shooting, even when you're walking to collect eggs. The only time you should stop is to refill, this imho is the biggest danger in this mode. You'll be surprised on how quickly things can spiral out of control once a few slip past by.

Jon914

Pro Squid
I successfully completed a 3 squid run for the first time and made a few attempts at a 2 squid run last night (in Profresh).

On our best attempt, we passed Wave 1 with 14 eggs and *almost* passed Wave 2, just a few seconds short.

We'll attempt it again when the loadout and stage are right.

IMG_20171004_202910.jpg

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I found a cute image, and I thought I should share it.

Things don't have to be the way they are! Mr. Grizz is starting a war!

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I found a cute image, and I thought I should share it.

Things don't have to be the way they are! Mr. Grizz is starting a war!
Whoa, that Steelhead looks about a hundred times cuter than the real thing. :D

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I've been really busy with school lately so I haven't been able to play much, but I did manage to play a few rounds the other day. The loadout was n-zap, dualie squelchers, carbon roller, and splatterscope. I thought it would go well due to the low learning curve the weapons have, but it was awful. I only won three or four rounds and I had to stop because it was not fun in any way. Has the overall skill in salmon run gone down? This feels like when I first made it to profressional and wasn't really that good. I improved and was doing really well regardless of the weapons, but lately it seems like I've been getting better stats than everyone else but we still lose. Is anyone else experiencing something like this, or is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom