• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Normal tide Goldie seeking can be a chore on the new map.

The night shifts were a little tricky at first but once you learned the stage it got a lot easier. I can see most Glowfly shifts being a coin flip between success and crew wipe.

Its pretty damn fun reviving your co-workers sailing by on the rail. :)

Cephalobro

The only problem I have is that there are people who still think it's a good idea to randomly open the first gusher closest to the egg basket, instead of doing the safe way and opening one of the farther away ones first, it can get really frustrating to see the egg basket area being swarmed by Salmonids. I prefer the egg basket to not be swarmed when there are no boss Salmonids attacking except a Goldie trying to get away.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Like it or not, this map makes Salmon Run easier than ever before. Unlike Lost Outpost, the dev team didn't really give it too many downsides. It is vertical and includes inkrails - that lead straight to the egg basket (conveniently placed on the top might I add) - to increase the easiness in collecting eggs - arguably the hardest thing to do sometimes in Salmon Run. During Special Waves, the small area just works because of the Ink Rails best used for a quick escape from, say, a Griller, shooting the big line of Chums and Goldies after you, or reaching the coolers before they get too close to the ground in Mothership. Heck, you can even go on Ink Rails while splatted to hopefully meet up with an alive player to revive you near the egg basket who went on the rails himself, while in any other stage you need to crawl all the way to a teammate only to have them focus on killing a boss rather than helping you.
Compared to what I dealt with tonight, yeah, no. I'm glad everyone else is liking this map, but I can't say the same. Sure, it's only day one of it being available, so maybe my opinion will change. But for now, for me, I hate it as much as I hate Lost Outpost. I'd say I'd prefer Lost Outpost over this. Least my teammates there aren't stupidly too distracted riding rails or stupidly jumping into the water from riding the rails. And during special waves in my case, more often than not, the ones riding the rails usually ended up getting everyone else splatted.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I do not follow. I found it very easy.
The map is ridiculously big compared to other Salmon Run maps. Goldie Seekie on one side is at its easiest in high tide, but I'd argue it is hardest on this map on normal tide. While the rails certainly do help a lot in terms of getting to the basket, the trip there and back still takes quite some time, namely if the Goldie is on the lowest level.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Are we sure that riding ink rails while in lifesaver form is intended and not an oversight? :scared: it's super fun for sure, and i love it, but it makes your death very little punishing. Since you can go yolo in a group of salmonids, die and quickly return to the basket by riding the rail, where a teammate is going to be there waiting for sure.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
On the plus side, we won’t have to deal with the H3/ELitre/Blaster/Glooga shift that came next.
You know, I think Nintendo was just joking around when they scheduled that shift. “Ok, time for the terrible shift- Nope! New map time.”
Although, I have to say I was worried we were really doing those shifts before the new map came out...

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
You know, I think Nintendo was just joking around when they scheduled that shift. “Ok, time for the terrible shift- Nope! New map time.”
Although, I have to say I was worried we were really doing those shifts before the new map came out...
Which brings up another talking point, I also wanted to ask what everyone thought the best and worst shift would be. For me it’d be something along the lines of:

Best: Ballpoint, Dapples, Luna, and probably Tri-Slosher.

I’ve mentioned before that the Ballpoint paints like crazy and hits at 20 bullets per second, while being able to hit far-off targets if it needs to, so that’s top-tier in my mind. Knowing that a rando isn’t going to understand a weapon if it isn’t a standard rooty-tootie aim-and-shooty, I suppose I would switch this for a Splat Roller to get the slow-roll on Glowfly waves, or a Flingza for the added OHKO on Steelheads. The Luna is for DPS and crowd control, and the Tri-Slosher is for the fast rate of fire and three piercing sloshes that go through Chums and lower. Dapples are a no-brainer; sheer DPS and great painting, plus high mobility.

Worst: H3, Goo-Tuber, Range Blaster, and Octobrush.

The H3 paints well, has good efficiency, and is always 100% accurate, but the massive lag between shots harshly limits DPS and leaves it unable to handle most enemies, particularly Smallfry. The Goo-Tuber has very little going for it, as the long storage and the ability to store partial charges are meaningless in SR, unless you plan on doing some sick trick shots against a Steelhead, but at that point I’d criticize you for not collecting eggs instead. The Goo-Tuber does get longer 0-charge tap fires, so it can paint decently like that - not enough to warrant the slow charge though. The Range Blaster does everything the Blaster does in SR, but worse; extra reach is almost valueless in this mode, especially when it’s so small and causes painting/DPS/efficiency to all suffer. And the Octobrush does everything the Inkbrush does, but worse. Yeah the shots do more damage, but you also fire slower, paint worse, use ink faster, and run around slower. At least the Inkbrush can be used to zip around and save allies off in the distance or grab a last second egg from out of nowhere.

I’m sure people are confused that I didn’t include any heavy weapons in the “worst” shift, and again that isn’t supposed to be my backliner bias coming up; I genuinely think they’re all useful.

The Hydra has massive DPS, but you’re at the mercy of Stingers and Flyfish. Just try to avoid being the furthest teammate away from a Stinger and pray your friendos know how to chuck a bomb.

The ELitre can OHKO Steelheads, Scrappers, and Steel Eels, so be on top of those before they crowd your basket (and make sure that leaving all those eggs at the corners of the stage aren’t going to hurt you later).

The Tenta Brella can actually shove Salmonids around very well if you use the canopy as a set-and-forget path maker. The canopy also works great as a battering ram.

The Dynamo is extremely misunderstood in SR. Please stop flicking. No joke, you should only ever be flicking if it’s a Steelhead you’re trying to OHKO, and even then I sometimes try to roll over their heads by jumping off a ledge first. It works and it’s hilarious. By rolling, you can crowd control everything, and if you get swarmed just try spinning in circles; you use up surprisingly little ink for what it is, and you paint around you to boot.

The Explosher is probably the worse of the bunch. Yes you can take out a Flyfish turret with a slosh, but most of the time they’re off in the distance, and you DON’T want to go chasing after them; you’ll get swarmed, and the Explosher has the stopping power of a wet napkin. Just aim for crowds to maximize DPS and take out any Flyfish at the basket.

Last edited:

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Which brings up another talking point, I also wanted to ask what everyone thought the best and worst shift would be. For me it’d be something along the lines of:

Best: Ballpoint, Dapples, Luna, and probably Tri-Slosher.

I’ve mentioned before that the Ballpoint paints like crazy and hits at 20 bullets per second, while being able to hit far-off targets if it needs to, so that’s top-tier in my mind. Knowing that a rando isn’t going to understand a weapon if it isn’t a standard rooty-tootie aim-and-shooty, I suppose I would switch this for a Splat Roller to get the slow-roll on Glowfly waves, or a Flingza for the added OHKO on Steelheads. The Luna is for DPS and crowd control, and the Tri-Slosher is for the fast rate of fire and three piercing sloshes that go through Chums and lower. Dapples are a no-brainer; sheer DPS and great painting, plus high mobility.

Worst: H3, Goo-Tuber, Range Blaster, and Octobrush.

The H3 paints well, has good efficiency, and is always 100% accurate, but the massive lag between shots harshly limits DPS and leaves it unable to handle most enemies, particularly Smallfry. The Goo-Tuber has very little going for it, as the long storage and the ability to store partial charges are meaningless in SR, unless you plan on doing some sick trick shots against a Steelhead, but at that point I’d criticize you for not collecting eggs instead. The Goo-Tuber does get longer 0-charge tap fires, so it can paint decently like that - not enough to warrant the slow charge though. The Range Blaster does everything the Blaster does in SR, but worse; extra reach is almost meaningless in this mode, especially when it’s so small and causes painting/DPS/efficiency to all suffer. And the Octobrush does everything the Inkbrush does, but worse. Yeah the shots do more damage, but you also fire slower, paint worse, use ink faster, and run around slower. At least the Inkbrush can be used to zip around and save allies off in the distance or grab a last second egg from out of nowhere.

I’m sure people are confused that I didn’t include any heavy weapons in the “worst” shift, and again that isn’t supposed to be my backliner bias coming up; I genuinely think they’re all useful.

The Hydra has massive DPS, but you’re at the mercy of Stingers and Flyfish. Just try to avoid being the furthest teammate away from a Stinger and pray your friendos know how to chuck a bomb.
The ELitre can OHKO Steelheads, Scrappers, and Sterl Eels, so be on top of those before they crowd your basket (and make sure that leaving all those eggs at the corners of the stage aren’t going to hurt you later).
The Tenta Brella can actually shove Salmonids around very well if you use the canopy as a set-and-forget path maker. The canopy also works great as a battering ram.
The Dynamo is extremely misunderstood in SR. Please stop flicking. No joke, you should only ever be flicking if it’s a Steelhead you’re trying to OHKO, and even then I sometimes try to roll over their heads by jumping off a ledge first. It works and it’s hilarious. By rolling, you can crowd control everything, and if you get swarmed just try spinning in circles; you use up surprisingly little ink for what it is, and you paint around you to boot.
The Explosher is probably the worse of the bunch. Yes you can take out a Flyfish turret with a slosh, but most of the time they’re off in the distance, and you DON’T want to go chasing after them; you’ll get swarmed, and the Explosher has the stopping power of a wet napkin. Just aim for crowds to maximize DPS and take out any Flyfish at the basket.
I agree on everything!! Inkbrush does an amazing job at support role. If you attempo to attack cohocks and other salmonids you are just doing the wrong thing with the wrong weapon...

The dynamo is also amazing against goldie seek!

Eeheh... friendly Steelheads are back

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
The dynamo is also amazing against goldie seek!
I can’t believe I didn’t mention this while I was rattling on - good catch! If you just stand at the basket with the roller on the ground, you can basically make the quota straight off the bat by having a shoving contest with the Goldie. -and yet I still see randos flicking Dynamos during Goldie and Glowfly waves. 250 IQ

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Best non Wildcard rotation:

Dynamo/Ballpoint/Inkbrush/Blaster

On Ruins of Ark Polaris

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think the luna or clash would be my blaster choice. Dynamo without a doubt. Squiffer and not sure what shooter I would pick. Probably the N-zap.

I think my main issue with the dualies is the roll. I never use them in ranked or splatfests so the only stick time I have with them is single player or SR. I find myself wanting to shoot and jump to a higher ledge and start rolling around like a dummy resulting in being splatted more times than I would like to admit. Over all they may be the best class but they are not for me.

All random load-out with the new work site. Wonder if we are getting a new Grizzco weapon this time around.
Looking forward to it.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I think the luna or clash would be my blaster choice. Dynamo without a doubt. Squiffer and not sure what shooter I would pick. Probably the N-zap.

I think my main issue with the dualies is the roll. I never use them in ranked or splatfests so the only stick time I have with them is single player or SR. I find myself wanting to shoot and jump to a higher ledge and start rolling around like a dummy resulting in being splatted more times than I would like to admit. Over all they may be the best class but they are not for me.

All random load-out with the new work site. Wonder if we are getting a new Grizzco weapon this time around.
Looking forward to it.
With the Dual Squelchers being my weapon of choice in S1, I felt obligated to learn to play the Dualie Squelchers this time around. Dualies aren't that hard once you get your button muscle-memory. You can still jump and shoot; you just have to jump before pulling the trigger again. You also get used to roll distance pretty quick. The extra rate of fire really does warrant getting used to playing them, but I won't tell you what to do.

I'm holding out for a Grizzco Splatling.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid

Looking forward to it.
Sploosh o matic is for you! It's like a dapple but without rolls. It struggles a bit against steelheads tho

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Sploosh o matic is for you! It's like a dapple but without rolls. It struggles a bit against steelheads tho
What’s interesting is that it’s exactly like the Dapples without the roll; they have the same damage per bullet, fire rate, DrawRadius (which I believe is the splash size on the ground), movement while firing, and almost the same ink consumption.

If it were me though, I’d still learn the rolls; it bumps up DPS by 25%.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Okay. I have reevaluated my opinion on this map. And...it still ****ing sucks to me.

Even with weapons I'm more comfortable with, this map is still a chore. Still losing because people are wasting their times riding rails instead of actually helping. IE: If you have a roller, stop riding on the rails. There is no reason for it when a roller is in capable hands. Flyfish are absolute nightmare and seem to spawn way more (at least for me). Traversing this map is annoying where a lot of the times you have to return to the top if you want to go to the other side of the map if your weapon isn't capable of getting rid of or denting the mob blocking your way. I hate it. More than Lot Outpost.

The only thing I like about this is high tide Mothership because it's super small and easy to do. Overall, I don't think my opinion of this map will ever be overall positive. And when you have people who can't traverse the map even semi decent, you mind as well drop your controller because you're more than likely gonna fail.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
Okay. I have reevaluated my opinion on this map. And...it still ****ing sucks to me.

Even with weapons I'm more comfortable with, this map is still a chore. Still losing because people are wasting their times riding rails instead of actually helping. IE: If you have a roller, stop riding on the rails. There is no reason for it when a roller is in capable hands. Flyfish are absolute nightmare and seem to spawn way more (at least for me). Traversing this map is annoying where a lot of the times you have to return to the top if you want to go to the other side of the map if your weapon isn't capable of getting rid of or denting the mob blocking your way. I hate it. More than Lot Outpost.

The only thing I like about this is high tide Mothership because it's super small and easy to do. Overall, I don't think my opinion of this map will ever be overall positive. And when you have people who can't traverse the map even semi decent, you mind as well drop your controller because you're more than likely gonna fail.
my biggest issue after playing this map all day is like marooners bay when everyone jumps off the right side of the boat and spends all day there and you fall short on egg count, now not only do u have a right side but also a left and a top and bottom lmao i end up staying up top hoping something comes and gets me for some eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom