• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
my biggest issue after playing this map all day is like marooners bay when everyone jumps off the right side of the boat and spends all day there and you fall short on egg count, now not only do u have a right side but also a left and a top and bottom lmao i end up staying up top hoping something comes and gets me for some eggs.
I usually try to stay up to if two other people hop down. Just to try and lure anything closer to the basket to make depositing eggs easier. I understand trying to control the bosses and mobs to make sure your basket doesn't get overrun. But if they're gonna splat literally every boss on the shoreline (minus flyfish and stingers), it's gonna be a trip delivering those eggs.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
By contrast, I actually really like this map; I almost always find myself in a laughing fit because of all the shenanigans you can get up to. I had a Dynamo/H3/Goo Tuber/Grizzco Slosher round, almost identical to my “Worst shift” in the above posts, and we still got 38 eggs.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Can't say I feel the same as you people.

I love this map. The fact that there are a lot of options to get back to the basket, with the rails being a fairly safe option, transporting eggs is easy as ever. I infinitely prefer dealing with eggs on the far side of this map than I would dealing with eggs on the far side of Marooner's Bay.

The fact that within one day, I've had multiple rounds where my egg total exceeded 100, it's just fun. The verticality of the map make taking on most bosses an ease, Steelheads are no bother and you can take out Steel Eels before they get to you in so many places. If you reach quota and just need to survive, the rails are great for stalling or getting out of dodge.

There are only three things I don't like about this map. Two is because the layout and one is purely because player inexperience. The layouts that are hard on this map are High Tide Grillers, because this map is just crazy small and its hard to find places to distract Grillers, the other is Normal Tide Goldie Seekie, the map is just really big. Then with Salmon Rush, people just haven't found a consistent place to camp yet, I've been doing one of the hanging areas next to the ride rail.

Otherwise, this is easily my favorite map. Having an almost consistent high ground makes dealing with a lot of bosses a lot easier.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
I add the Undercover brella to the worst weapon list. Low damage and range, and the shield is a joke. It does protect you but it also transform you in a pinball ball, and you will find yourself pushed into water countless of times

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
This new map is greatness! Might even overtake Smokeyard as my favorite! A nice surprise as well, after the trailer in the Nintendo Direct I thought we weren't gonna get anymore Salmon Run maps. Maybe they'll have another next month? Nah that's wishful thinking.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
This new map is greatness! Might even overtake Smokeyard as my favorite! A nice surprise as well, after the trailer in the Nintendo Direct I thought we weren't gonna get anymore Salmon Run maps. Maybe they'll have another next month? Nah that's wishful thinking.
I believe they said this would be the last SR map.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
New map is cool with me. Sure it has its issues but which work site doesn't?

When I saw that load-out that had the bamboozler and Inkbrush I figured it was going to be one of those days at work but I was completely wrong. It was either a better load-out than I thought or I just lucked out and had really talented co-workers because I had no issues at all.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
When I saw that load-out that had the bamboozler and Inkbrush I figured it was going to be one of those days at work but I was completely wrong. It was either a better load-out than I thought or I just lucked out and had really talented co-workers because I had no issues at all.
It's weird right? I had the exact same experience. This loadout by all accounts should be next to a dumpster fire, but for some reason I managed to get from Pro 400 to 500 with next to no issue. I won 5 matches right away with only one wave 3 loss. Even then that one loss, was a round where we were down a person.

Last edited:

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
wow yesterday i was having a good day on my favorite map smokeyard and started losing games like crazy on the find goldie stage and how can you possibly wipe on this with a dynamo? stand in front of him and boom there's all your eggs. This happend for around 6 rounds total just blows my mind. glad for the new map just to shake things up, now just leave SR on 24hrs a day and we are golden.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
wow yesterday i was having a good day on my favorite map smokeyard and started losing games like crazy on the find goldie stage and how can you possibly wipe on this with a dynamo? stand in front of him and boom there's all your eggs. This happend for around 6 rounds total just blows my mind. glad for the new map just to shake things up, now just leave SR on 24hrs a day and we are golden.
How do you fail? You get some knob that only knows how to flick with a roller, which are surprisingly common.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Ok, this shift is probably one the most awesome combo ever! Dapples and blaster have such a great synergy in dealing woth huge crowds and damage output, while the standard brella can do defensive tactic but with good mobility (and also good damage as well, 2 full hit to take down a steelhead). Tenta is also great but i don't like how a single scrapper can destroy your shield with just a touch

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Ok, this shift is probably one the most awesome combo ever! Dapples and blaster have such a great synergy in dealing woth huge crowds and damage output, while the standard brella can do defensive tactic but with good mobility (and also good damage as well, 2 full hit to take down a steelhead). Tenta is also great but i don't like how a single scrapper can destroy your shield with just a touch
I haven’t gotten to play it yet, but I’ve always said that the Tenta can pull its weight surprisingly well for a heavy weapon in SR. I feel like the canopy and scrapper should get bumped around equally to balance its weight, but what can you do.

I think the best shift, at least on paper, was that Dapples/Ballpoint/Bamboozler/Splat Dualies shift. Everything output crazy DPS and painted so well, if only casuals could figure out that Splatling it’d have been a dream.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Last shift with the one random weapon was one of the best yet, I think. Especially since all three other weapons can kill Stingers well enough (especially the Rapid Blaster). It's too bad the gear of the month is kinda lame. I mean, it's not *bad*, but we have so much gear already in the game that I'd rather have something weird that stands out instead of just some regular ol' parka.

I wonder if we can expect new pieces of gear each month until the fests end? I'm kind of assuming so.
The Undercover Brella is unfun.
There's really no advantage the Undercover has over the regular Brella in SR...however...

The fact that you can just hold the fire button makes it worth having in SR to me. It doesn't really have any effect gameplay-wise, but it sure makes it a lot more player-friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom