Grizzco Break Room

supgamer76

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supremegamer2
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-9546-1673
on lost outpost after the quota is met, i just ink a wall and infinately swim up is so i dont get hit by steel eels and especially during the griller event. the grillers just cant do anything to you xD

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
on lost outpost after the quota is met, i just ink a wall and infinately swim up is so i dont get hit by steel eels and especially during the griller event. the grillers just cant do anything to you xD
I’ve heard of that trick, but never got to try it... yet. Nicely done. The grillers are doomed.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I’d like to commend a random Dynamo teammate of mine, who in absence of a sniper, one shot two Steelheads back to back in two seconds.

Also @calamaro, I’ve found it pretty difficult using the Hydra in Salmon Run. You need a teammate to clear out Chums so you have time to get a charge; I haven’t found much success as I always go randoms. What’s your strategy?

Its usually hit or miss for me also with the hydra. Random myself. My best shifts with the hydra are usually when I can establish the high ground in a 'central' location and shoot anything that moves and not worry about golden eggs that much. You pretty much nailed it though. If you don't have the teammates to do their work to let you use the hydra to the its best ability.. well you know the rest.. :)

Something I have been thinking about lately... If the map isn't a complete Charley Foxtrot please let those Scrappers and Steel Eels work their way toward the egg basket. There is no sense in swimming to the furthest point of the map to splat one. Patience young waterbug.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Something I have been thinking about lately... If the map isn't a complete Charley Foxtrot please let those Scrappers and Steel Eels work their way toward the egg basket. There is no sense in swimming to the furthest point of the map to splat one. Patience young waterbug.
I think a lot of people (myself included) forget how many bosses can be lured in! I was just recently looking through Inkipedia and saw that the strategies section for Maws make a point of remarking that she can be lured, and it took me a moment to realize that's not Maws-specific: there's actually less bosses that can't be lured than those that can. (Scrapper, Steel Eel, Steelhead, and Maws-and sometimes Drizzler, if you're lucky) I guess people are just worried about crowding near the egg basket-which totally makes sense, but then the trade off is taking more time to gather eggs, and giving Snatchers more chances to get them...

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Hydra is a difficult weapon to use in SR, and that's precisely why I like it. Once you learn to deal with its shortcomings, you will have a beast on your hands. There's a few things I do to help me use Hydra.

Keep your distance. Similar to what Calamaro said, you want to stay fairly far away from your enemies. You don't even need to have teammates clear enemies for you. If you stay far enough to have the time to get a full charge, mow down every stinking enemy in that general area. Though teammates are recommended for ferrying eggs.

Use partial charges. Waiting for a full charge to kill something will likely get you killed, or your teammates will have everything killed. The only issue is memorizing how much of a charge kills what. I'd say the safe bet is a half charge. At a half charge, you can kill a Steelhead, Steel Eel, Scrapper (if turned around), and a Cohock + a few Chums. I need to spend more time with it in Salmon Run to tell how much of a charge is needed to kill everything.

Jump and shoot at the ground. You are going to run into situations where you will be surrounded by sludge, and you won't have time to ink a path for yourself. So sometimes in order to get around, you will need to jump in squid form and tap shoot at the ground. Actually just tap shooting at the ground with Hydra is a valuable skill.

For luring enemies, it's really situational for me. If all of us are far away from the basket, and a Scrapper or Maws spawns near us, I say kill it. If we already have eggs, then I'd rather ignore it and lure the thing to the basket. For Steel Eels, I kill 'em immediately. Those things can get frustrating if you let too many spawn. Especially in high tide. However if it's a Cohock charge and I'm playing with friends, I'll wait until the enemies are near the basket to kill the enemies (including Steel Eels). Randoms would just get frustrated with me and use another cannon.

Last edited:

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Hydra is a difficult weapon to use in SR, and that's precisely why I like it. Once you learn to deal with its shortcomings, you will have a beast on your hands. There's a few things I do to help me use Hydra.

Keep your distance. Similar to what Calamaro said, you want to stay fairly far away from your enemies. You don't even need to have teammates clear enemies for you. If you stay far enough to have the time to get a full charge, mow down every stinking enemy in that general area. Though teammates are recommended for ferrying eggs.

Use partial charges. Waiting for a full charge to kill something will likely get you killed, or your teammates will have everything killed. The only issue is memorizing how much of a charge kills what. I'd say the safe bet is a half charge. At a half charge, you can kill a Steelhead, Steel Eel, Scrapper (if turned around), and a Cohock + a few Chums. I need to spend more time with it in Salmon Run to tell how much of a charge is needed to kill everything.

Jump and shoot at the ground. You are going to run into situations where you will be surrounded by sludge, and you won't have time to ink a path for yourself. So sometimes in order to get around, you will need to jump in squid form and tap shoot at the ground. Actually just tap shooting at the ground with Hydra is a valuable skill.

For luring enemies, it's really situational for me. If all of us are far away from the basket, and a Scrapper or Maws spawns near us, I say kill it. If we already have eggs, then I'd rather ignore it and lure the thing to the basket. For Steel Eels, I kill 'em immediately. Those things can get frustrating if you let too many spawn. Especially in high tide. However if it's a Cohock charge and I'm playing with friends, I'll wait until the enemies are near the basket to kill the enemies (including Steel Eels). Randoms would just get frustrated with me and waste ferrying power using another cannon.
Its usually hit or miss for me also with the hydra. Random myself. My best shifts with the hydra are usually when I can establish the high ground in a 'central' location and shoot anything that moves and not worry about golden eggs that much. You pretty much nailed it though. If you don't have the teammates to do their work to let you use the hydra to the its best ability.. well you know the rest.. :)

Thanks for the advice, both of you! :) Definitely helpful for me. I’ll remember this next time there’s a run with Hydra.

P.S. @calamaro your advice seems useful with most heavy weapons besides Hydra as well, and @J’Wiz your advice seems helpful (at least for moving around) with the Heavy as well.

Also, J’Wiz what you said about Cohock Charges intrigues me... How many cannons do you think a team should use? Should cannon-users be based on weapons, and if so, what if there are multiple slow, heavy weapons in the shift, that won’t carry eggs well?

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Alot of it depends on who you are playing with. If you're playing with people who trust you or you can trust, then only 1 cannon is necessary. You can generally take out everything with 1 cannon if you manage your ink well. If in solo, then 2 cannons is fine.

As far as which weapon ferries eggs goes, I don't think it matters THAT much, because the person ferrying eggs won't be using his/her weapon anyway. Of course sometimes the cannon users aren't doing so well, so let's hope you have a powerhouse weapon that can mow through Cohocks. Tenta Brella, E-Liter, and Dynamo are good. Of course fast weapons that can paint are normally ideal for ferrying, but that's in a perfect world.

On mothership waves, and I have Stingray, I wish there was a callout that said "DON'T SHOOT THE MOTHERSHIP!". I know it's generally the best strategy, but if they waited until my stingray was over, we'd have alot more eggs by the basket by the time the mothership was knocked away.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Please, no, no, no. This is horrible advice, I see people try it all the time and it usually results in a team wipe.

Why?
  1. Because people who do that take themselves out of the battle. They're not helping. It diminishes the killing power of the team by 25%, like being permanently dead, or just idling. It makes things much harder for the other players. This is especially true on Griller waves because usually one player is playing keep-away while the others are trying to get the kill, so this strategy actually reduces killing power by 33%. You're left with one player trying to kill the Grillers and one trying to kill Smallfry--and if there are two Grillers, there aren't enough players even for that.
  2. You're not invulnerable. In a normal wave, Stingers, Steelheads, Flyfish, and Drizzlers can all get you. Grillers? Little-known fact: if you try this for long enough (about 10-15 seconds), the Smallfry will start climbing the walls, and you'll probably die instantly--either several of them will hit you at once, or they'll ink the wall under you and you'll fall right onto the Griller. Same goes for Glowfly rounds.
If you want to play keep-away during a Griller wave, do it by using the window behind the egg basket. You can hop outside and force the Griller targeting you to go all the way outside the building and around, while you can just climb back in trivially. Plus this creates a chokepoint so your allies can help get the kills. This spot works well on Glowflies, too.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Jet Squelcher is becoming one of my favorite weapons to use in SR. Just so versatile. Overall a really good Valentines Day load out. Mr. Grizz loves us <3
That was probably the best loadout we got in ages. Usually there's at least one weapon I don't want to get, but not this one.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
These next two loadouts look super fun.

Next one is NZap, Slosher, Heavy Splatling, Hydra Splatling.

Double Splatling funtimes! Actually I would like a true all Splatling loadout. Mini, Heavy, Hydra, and I guess put in Splattershot Jr and rename it to "Baby Splatling".

Loadout after next is the all random loadout! I have been waiting months for another one of these! Since I'm more proficient with the "bad" weapons, and have gotten to the point to where I don't dislike any weapon in SR, I wonder what kind of shenanigans this will pull. Also with a new all random loadout should come a new Grizzco weapon. Maybe a Grizzco Splatling?

EDIT: I also thought of a kind of nightmare loadout.

Inkbrush
Octobrush
Sploosh-o-Matic
Clash Blaster

Let's hope there's no Steelheads!

Last edited:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Really fun load out today. I wonder if they chose the outpost to 'nerf' the power and range of both splatlings?
I can only imagine what a GrizzCo Charger would do...

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
I'm not a great fan of the Hydra in SR (too slow and especially tricky in high tide), but one thing is undeniable: there's no better weapon against Grillers. It quickly stops and kills the Griller before the end of a full charge.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just had one of the absolute worst SR days ever...
Not only did it take a long time to get to 1200 this time (ran into some pretty bad players), I also didn't get anything good from the capsules.

And I kept being grouped with the same person who kept spamming This Way over and over, as if she had assigned herself as the leader of our team or something. It's okay to use it if there's not a lot going on (in the first 10 seconds) so that we know where to go, but beyond that, the map is going to be swarmed with bosses before too long. Surely everyone in Profreshional knows that by now.

I blocked her, but I still ended up being grouped with her a while after that, so that didn't do anything.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
These next two loadouts look super fun.

Next one is NZap, Slosher, Heavy Splatling, Hydra Splatling.

Double Splatling funtimes! Actually I would like a true all Splatling loadout. Mini, Heavy, Hydra, and I guess put in Splattershot Jr and rename it to "Baby Splatling".

Loadout after next is the all random loadout! I have been waiting months for another one of these! Since I'm more proficient with the "bad" weapons, and have gotten to the point to where I don't dislike any weapon in SR, I wonder what kind of shenanigans this will pull. Also with a new all random loadout should come a new Grizzco weapon. Maybe a Grizzco Splatling?
Halfway through reading your post, I was like, “No, not the Jr - just get a Grizzco Splatling!” Guess I was too slow to say so...

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It's okay to use it if there's not a lot going on (in the first 10 seconds) so that we know where to go, but beyond that, the map is going to be swarmed with bosses before too long. Surely everyone in Profreshional knows that by now.
I'll use "This Way" if I'm next to a Flyfish but am not in a position to do anything about it, since they're the most dangerous and can be hard to locate. And of course in Goldie Seeking, both for the Goldie itself and for a trove of eggs that are sitting there uncollected. Or if someone is just being dumb, like trying to hide out on the walls or running across the map from where the action is.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They're actually pretty easy to locate IMO (like the Stingers) because you can see the direction their attack is coming from. And Flyfishes get ignored a lot anyway with how they discouraging they make them to fight.

I mean, I'll use it when I find the Goldie, sure, and if people won't stick to the middle in Glowflies, but other than that, there's really no telling what anyone is trying to say with This Way other than that they want people to go that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom