• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Speaking of walls, I kinda feel ashamed of myself having played the game this long, only to find out that the salmonids don't climb walls till recently. This makes the outer walls of the Lost Outpost a safe area.
They do climb if you frustrate them long enough. If you try to just hang on the walls during a Glowflies or Griller wave and your buddies don't save you, you'll see it in action.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I managed to get the GrizzCo Slosher on a Griller wave, and they were the ones that got grilled! One shot breaks them, but it doesn't kill them. The only real annoyance was that it was high tide and all of the Smallfries.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Honestly, the loadout this time is not bad.

Splat Dualies are all around, which is great. Glooga on the other hand isn't necessarily the greatest but isn't bad, though being a slow firing weapon. Squiffer is pretty good, it does what it does. Then random is always just neat and more often than not the weapon is at least decently useful if not something great like the Grizzco Slosher.

But, my god some people tilt me a bit. Usually I can get from Pro 400 to 500 by the time I'm in the 3000p prize area if it is a good rotation, took me until the 5000p area. I really wished that more people would actually use their bombs to revive people, especially in dire situations.

Though all things considered. It was fun, I like the weapon rotation. And I can't tell you how many times I had to revive my entire team (you guys lucky I tend to go to the other island during high tide).

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Absolutely love the Grizzco Slosher and how powerful it is, but I'm surprised we still don't have a Grizzco Roller. Essentially a Dynamo Roller with the speed of a Carbon Roller seems like a no brainer to me that would be hella fun.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Well, this shift is worst ever I've seen. I have seen Grizzco Slosher twice and didn't get it.
Although, I reached 1,200 Grizzco points, I have just two rounds completed. I had software error and lost 20 points of my rank. I have to leave before my rank drop below 300. Ugh, why do I punished for software error?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I remember starting new sessions back in the day at about Profreshional 40/99 or so, and having to work my way back up to 100+; yet now whenever I start a new shift it remembers that I made it past 200, thus keeping however much of a % increase I had previously. Am I going mad, or did they change the way Salmon Run ranks work while I was away?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah they changed up the ranking a bit.. I think. Now I am second guessing myself..

Finally got a turn with the grizzco slosher. Its ugly, slow, and cumbersome. I love it. Just being able to wipe out flyfish with a couple swings is well worth the price of admission.

Interested in seeing how the new slosher will pan out when it his the rotation.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I remember starting new sessions back in the day at about Profreshional 40/99 or so, and having to work my way back up to 100+; yet now whenever I start a new shift it remembers that I made it past 200, thus keeping however much of a % increase I had previously. Am I going mad, or did they change the way Salmon Run ranks work while I was away?
Checkpoints have been added every 100 points up to 400.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah they changed up the ranking a bit.. I think. Now I am second guessing myself..

Finally got a turn with the grizzco slosher. Its ugly, slow, and cumbersome. I love it. Just being able to wipe out flyfish with a couple swings is well worth the price of admission.

Interested in seeing how the new slosher will pan out when it his the rotation.
Same, can't wait for tomorrow! Also excited to use Ballpoint Splatling here. Overall a great versatile weapon, but the ability to keep charging even if you don't have ink should be very potent in this mode. I imagine it will trivalize salmonid rush wave, and in general let you kill everything in range no matter how many enemy are continuously thrown at you.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
First of all, I want to give a shout-out to the current rotation (Tetra, Roller, .52, Tenta) for being one of the smoothest SR experiences in recent memory.

Second. I noticed the new SR gear has a little Splatoon logo on the left sleeve. When I zoomed in, I noticed it was written in Inkling (perhaps obvious, but I didn't see it from a distance). Has that ever popped up anywhere else? I don't remember ever seeing it.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I've never seen so many completely absent minded people in my life.

There was serious a Roller, who could've clearly revived us, 2 of us were down, the other guy was in a danger zone. Then she got tangled with a Steel Eel, by some miraculous chance she survived. The other guy died, she looks straight at us, a single flick would've saved two people and we would've survived. What does she do, completely ignore us and flick as the Steel Eel, then got pushed off the map. Me and the other guy, literally just stood there in dead silence.

I think summer really did bring a wave of a bunch of bad/rusty people.

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Welp, turns out bosses are considered solid objects and therefore cannot be pierced through. The Explosher is tricky to use in a pinch because how narrow the direct hitbox is. Suppose the thing just has to be played at range, or aim downwards in close combat.

It's alright, but isn't that great.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
The slosher is utter garbage in my opinion in SR. The only thing it's good for is taking out flyfish because you can aim your shots into its missile launchers to take it out.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Explosher seemed ok to me. High tide it did its best work I think. Its definitely not a good melee weapon but then again they all cant be.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Explosher can destroy flyfish launchers, that automatically makes it good in my book! Also the best wall painter, and like Chargers excells against lined up enemys. Though while more mobile than Dynamo n Hydra it's still uber slow, giving it not the best survival rate and making it deadweight during salmonid rush. Still I enjoyed using it, now eager to try out the Ballpoint, though it'll obviously be very good.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I found that the Explosher is pretty decent at crowd control. With its piercing, it can take out a group of chums relatively well. I wish it was quicker to take out cohocks, but you can't have 'em all. One thing I found I often did with the Explosher is just aim at the ground. It makes such a big puddle, and it takes out a fair amount of enemies in it, so aiming it at the ground near yourself or weak enemies did some good work. Though the lack of a noise when you directed enemies did get a bit disorienting.

The Grizzco gear for this month is really cute. I already found a <3 looking set to go with it. I just need to think of what I'll need to use it with.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I've been busy so i haven't had a chance to use the Explosher in Salmon Run. I hope to be able to but I may have to wait until next time. But just knowing that it can take out Flyfish missile bays is a huge plus in my book! it also helps that I just like the weapon in general. I'm not the biggest fan of the Slosher class. I don't necessarily dislike them, I'm just not very good with them. This one, on the other hand, seems like it fits my play style like a warm, comfortable sweater! I can't say that the slow fire rate has me excited, but if it had the fire rate of a Tri-Slosher it would be a GrizzCo weapon. Can't have everything after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom