• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
This loadout is definitely one of the absolute best in general.

But honestly, how do people only have sub 200p by the end of round 2? How? Especially in this rotation where all the weapons are actually good at doing most everything.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I had a glowfly round where nobody on our team died because the splatling could stop the rush by itself, the roller could stop the rush by itself, and the two other weapons only had to collect eggs..
Wow a crew that worked together during a glowfly round... Must be nice. Lately for me its been pretty ugly when it comes to glowflies and motership rounds for some reason...

Looking forward to this load-out. hopefully ill get a few shifts tomorrow.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
This loadout was stupidly good. So stupidly good that I had to name my video "Salmon Run loadout of the gods!". My first round had a DC, and it was still smoother than alot of the runs I have had lately.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
How do you feel about the Splattershot Pro? I dunno if you get enough bang for your buck. Yeah it does well will with bosses but when it hits the fan its high ink consumption is a real hindrance I think. I may just suck with the weapon but personally not a fan of it in SR.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
If you hit them in the missile bay it will destroy it.

Had 3 Stingers targeting me the other day... Had to go clear them out with my charger. Good times.
Incase you didn't know, Charger weapons can kill Stingers fairly quickly using just slighty charged shots to 1-shot each pot. You'll have to get close to do this of course.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I am curious what the Yellow Question Mark means for our next rotation.

They're not only yellow, but ingame they even have a bit of a gradient animation to them. There's definitely something special about next rotation that is for sure.

inb4 it turn out to be random Grizzco Weapon ONLY rotation.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
How do you feel about the Splattershot Pro? I dunno if you get enough bang for your buck. Yeah it does well will with bosses but when it hits the fan its high ink consumption is a real hindrance I think. I may just suck with the weapon but personally not a fan of it in SR.
I've always thought this too, but lately I've gotten more used to the SS Pro's ridiculous ink consumption. I think for the most part, I generally just aim at bosses with the SS Pro. Crowd control with it will often just lead to an empty tank and just a few little guys killed.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They actually fixed the Maws glitch this time around, judging from the patch notes! And it appears that less Smallfry can appear at one time on a map. That'll make playing certain weapons just a tiny bit smoother perhaps.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Um... I think there's a law against mass murder of salmonids like this.

A couple of GrizzCo Sloshers paired with a brella or two wreck everything. I wonder how this feels on a special wave.

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
It's happening! Grizzco weapons only, all the four we know randomly.
Perfect map control. Salmonids die like ants.
Even grllers can't stand a chance.
Now (only now) it's cool to save the useless special to ending celebration.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Yep. Got both of my superbonuses in like 15-20 minutes and had plenty of time to check out Octopath Traveler before crashing. That was an amazing Salmon Run shift! I wish they could all be so much fun!

To be fair though, I do enjoy the challenge of getting better at these shifts with the normal selection of weapons. I just can't stand it when the shift includes things like the Inkbrush, the Squeezer, the Carbon Roller, or terrible co-workers. Those shifts tend to get the cold shoulder from this profreshional Octopus. But I will still put my best foot forward and give it my all in most other situations. Anything that earns me more Ink Saver Main and Swim Speed Up tickets. :D

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
well my previous record was professional 690 and i'm at 700 already on this crazy easy rotation, i think i can say i like the mix of guns in general. I just don't have any use for the guns that are too slow for the rank it's impossible to progress if the gun can't kill at a decent rate. It's funny getting between 300 and 400 points per game. UPDATE now at 910 lol funny stuff

Last edited:

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I only played a half hour or so, and it’s gotten me higher in ranking than I’ve ever been before. I only lost once.

...Yes, I know what you’re thinking. “It’s impossible to lose in this rotation, you must be lying!!!1!1!1!” You, however, never had a round with 3 Grizzco Sloshers... and a Grizzco charger. Not even their bloated stats can make up for having no painting/crowd control weapons.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
I only played a half hour or so, and it’s gotten me higher in ranking than I’ve ever been before. I only lost once.

...Yes, I know what you’re thinking. “It’s impossible to lose in this rotation, you must be lying!!!1!1!1!” You, however, never had a round with 3 Grizzco Sloshers... and a Grizzco charger. Not even their bloated stats can make up for having no painting/crowd control weapons.
agreed the only wipes i'm having is when there are 3 sloshers at once and no ground cover.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Ok so this rotation is obviously very fun and easy, but am I the only one who struggles to use the Grizzco Slosher? Its so slow that I can't paint my way around so I get stuck in place and die.

CavvieKat

Inkster Jr.
Ok so this rotation is obviously very fun and easy, but am I the only one who struggles to use the Grizzco Slosher? Its so slow that I can't paint my way around so I get stuck in place and die.
This. It seems impossible to lose unless three of your crew end up with Grizzco Sloshers and find yourselves dealing with a high tide. It seems to like giving people Sloshers.

The Brella and the Blaster though? AMAZING.

Cephalobro

Loving this rotation, it was always a dream having Salmon Run stages being wiped clean of Salmonids, especially the most nightmarish ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom