• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Stargoon

Inkling
I started it up, and for a good while I suffered a frustrating losing streak while playing with randos.
Then friends joined up and I went from 190-200 to 410 in a matter of two hours.
Life is good with this rotation after all. Bless you, Mr. Grizz. Bless your soul.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I guess this rotation really is completely random... It seemed to me last morning that Sloshers and Brellas were more common (mostly played brella, some times slosher, blaster ONCE,) but in the afternoon, I had completely different RNG, even having a charger-only wave once.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well this is an amazing session, gonna go for Profresh 999 for once! This event is also good for comparing the Grizzco weapons. I'd say Grizzco Charger is the best overall with it's superior mobility, ttk, range, and turfing. Grizzco Slosher sadly is the worst, as while it can kill Flyfish n Grillers easily, that's not worth the slowness and poor turfing/ink efficiency I think. Brella and Blaster are pretty even and interchangeable, though I think I'd give Brella the edge with it's superior turfing ability.

Cephalobro

The Grizzco Slosher also make Steelheads become pushovers, definitely a good thing since being trapped in the corner by Steelheads is one of my most hated occurrences in Salmon Run, that and being constantly targeted by Stingers and Flyfish.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I can't even put in to words how great the Grizzco weapons are

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The Grizzco Slosher also make Steelheads become pushovers, definitely a good thing since being trapped in the corner by Steelheads is one of my most hated occurrences in Salmon Run, that and being constantly targeted by Stingers and Flyfish.
Indeed the Grizzco Slosher can kill Steelheads/Scrappers/Drizzlers without having to wait for them to become vulnerable, but eh, doesn't make it that much more effective against these bosses compared to other weapons, and these are among the least threatening bosses imo.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Indeed the Grizzco Slosher can kill Steelheads/Scrappers/Drizzlers without having to wait for them to become vulnerable, but eh, doesn't make it that much more effective against these bosses compared to other weapons, and these are among the least threatening bosses imo.
Are you crazy?

Grizzco Slosher is highly effective and can do direct damage against Steelheads, Scrappers, Drizzlers, Flyfish, and Grillers. Also pierces through Steel Eel so you don't have to worry about the wall blocking your shot.

This weapon makes quick work of any boss. Everything will die in a max of 3 hits (except Griller of course).

Steelheads is one of the more difficult bosses to deal with, its attack alone is not bad, but its small window and hitbox with other weapons make it annoying, especially when you lack good range. If there are multiple of them, then you're just gonna have a bad day. Grizzco Slosher completely ignores its gimmick and just rips through it, even better if there's multiple of them, it'll rip through them too.

Drizzlers while seemingly not bad, the DoT should not be something to scoff at, it WILL kill you more often than you'd like. While this is certainly probably one of the lesser ones in terms of Grizzco Slosher making a difference, they're not hard to defeat. Similar thing with Scrapper.

But Flyfish, the fact this can direct damage and 3 hit Flyfish is something given by the gods. Similar thing with Grillers, being able to hit them from any angle makes Grillers an absolute joke.

It's a hard weapon to get a good handle on, it is slow as heck and the ink consumption is disgustingly bad. You have to be very mindful when to fire and when you shouldn't, only attack when you have a shot or fire a single shot to ink a path, you can't play this weapon liberally. But when you can play this thing well, no boss with be an issue for you.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Are you crazy?

Grizzco Slosher is highly effective and can do direct damage against Steelheads, Scrappers, Drizzlers, Flyfish, and Grillers. Also pierces through Steel Eel so you don't have to worry about the wall blocking your shot.

This weapon makes quick work of any boss. Everything will die in a max of 3 hits (except Griller of course).

Steelheads is one of the more difficult bosses to deal with, its attack alone is not bad, but its small window and hitbox with other weapons make it annoying, especially when you lack good range. If there are multiple of them, then you're just gonna have a bad day. Grizzco Slosher completely ignores its gimmick and just rips through it, even better if there's multiple of them, it'll rip through them too.

Drizzlers while seemingly not bad, the DoT should not be something to scoff at, it WILL kill you more often than you'd like. While this is certainly probably one of the lesser ones in terms of Grizzco Slosher making a difference, they're not hard to defeat. Similar thing with Scrapper.

But Flyfish, the fact this can direct damage and 3 hit Flyfish is something given by the gods. Similar thing with Grillers, being able to hit them from any angle makes Grillers an absolute joke.

It's a hard weapon to get a good handle on, it is slow as heck and the ink consumption is disgustingly bad. You have to be very mindful when to fire and when you shouldn't, only attack when you have a shot or fire a single shot to ink a path, you can't play this weapon liberally. But when you can play this thing well, no boss with be an issue for you.
Not saying it isn't a great weapon cause it is, but surely the worst Grizzco weapon. It can kill any 1 boss easily, but it cannot quickly go from one boss to the next while also killing mooks as effectively, and naturally it's survivability isn't great. Also, personal nitpick but it's very annoying getting it wave 1 with it's mediocre painting. Wouldn't be a problem if teammates painted the crucial areas and walls, but... yeah...

Speak for yourself! I rarely die in general, but it's especially rare I die to Steelheads and Drizzlers with their uber slow heavily telegraphed attacks. Heck blindside Scrappers get me more often! Only very few weapons can't reach Steelheads, infact I think it's just Inkbrush and Sploosh. Also Steelheads actually help you since killing them sets off an explosion. If there's multiple grouped together then with correct timing killing one means killing them all!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Not saying it isn't a great weapon cause it is, but surely the worst Grizzco weapon. It can kill any 1 boss easily, but it cannot quickly go from one boss to the next while also killing mooks as effectively, and naturally it's survivability isn't great. Also, personal nitpick but it's very annoying getting it wave 1 with it's mediocre painting. Wouldn't be a problem if teammates painted the crucial areas and walls, but... yeah...

Speak for yourself! I rarely die in general, but it's especially rare I die to Steelheads and Drizzlers with their uber slow heavily telegraphed attacks. Heck blindside Scrappers get me more often! Only very few weapons can't reach Steelheads, infact I think it's just Inkbrush and Sploosh. Also Steelheads actually help you since killing them sets off an explosion. If there's multiple grouped together then with correct timing killing one means killing them all!
Honestly, the Grizzco weapons in retrospect, actually aren't that great. Grizzco Blaster and Brella are fast firing sure, but that's all, their kill time and kill efficiency leaves something to be desired or are average at best, better than other weapons in their class, but a lot of shooter just perform better. Grizzco Charger is one I say is just legitimately great because it's an instant charge E-liter. Grizzco Slosher being up there as well because if offers things that no other weapons can.

You say it is good at only killing one given boss... and that's where you're wrong. The thing pieces, infinitely, everywhere you shoot it basically leaves a trail of destruction. Have a line of bosses? Done. Have a line or mobs? Done. Have a teammate you need to revive on the other side of some mobs? Done. Two Grizzco Sloshers on a Griller phase is comically entertaining. It's definitely not a weapon that can stand completely on its own, your teammates are gonna have to compensate for some of its faults, mainly painting base, but the Grizzco Slosher does key things that no other weapon can easily, mainly taking out Flyfish and Steelheads (and basically everything else) without any waiting. That's the key, it can kill most bosses without the need for waiting and can kill clusters in an instant, it just straight on attacks and everything dies. It's a very conservative weapon in terms of when you should attack and ink.

I don't die often either, but if a rotation has less than optimal weapons for dealing with Stealheads, they can simple get out of hand. Mainly on a map like Lost Outpost in conjunction with other gating bosses like Steel Eel or other bosses obstructing the way. As for Drizzlers, if it's just one, it's no big deal, but in situations where you're teammates have been neglecting them and there are 2 or even 3, the DoT can become fairly troublesome, it's less about the attack being telegraphed, but any bit of DoT can push you over the edge out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
This was honestly the most fun I've ever had with salmon run. All grizzco weapons was so freaking awesome. Grizzco slosher is the ultimate counter to grillers. Freelance grillers are a nightmare, but being able to shred through them (having 2 near each other even better) without having to expose their weak point while also killing smallfry on the way brought me absolute bliss. Had a rotation where we had 2 grizz sloshers a brella and blaster and they didn't stand a chance. Just so good. The rest of it was also really fun. Honestly the slosher might just be my favorite since bosses are so easy to take down. If it maybe got 5 shots instead of 4, that would be even better. 2nd favorite is the charger, while brella and blaster 3rd. Made it all the way to 5000 and i never really attempt to go higher than 1200 often, it was just that fun.

Also goldie's don't stand much chance either

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
This thing actually one-shots Flyfish... sorry, I’m part of the correction squad.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
The all Grizzco rotation was godly. So many formerly difficult waves that the Grizzco weapons made trivial. Griller rounds were a joke. I had one Griller round with randoms where my teammates got power hungry and killed the Grillers as soon as they appeared on the screen. Any round with atleast Grizzco Sloshers ended in a sea of death and destruction.

I also had two record-setting runs. I finally got over 100 with randos, and I set a pretty cool record with a squad. Posted the one with randoms.

Record setting run with randoms

EDIT: Great. Image uploading is getting stupid again -_-

Last edited:

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Nice. My new record’s 92.

On another note, the charger was probably the best weapon overall, but it totally dominates in Mothership. Sniping the boxes anytime, from anywhere, is amazing. And it makes killing the mothership trivial with its ridiculous DPS.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
things that was fun with the grizzo roatation

made it to 910 pro
got 110 eggs in a game
cleared many hazard levels
acquired over 100 abilities easily with getting between 350 and 450 eggs per game
had 52 eggs in 1 round

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
That was crazy fun. Went from Profresh 40 to 400. Got my first 100+ egg round and my first (and second) Hazard Level MAX round (and won both). Did lose more than a few times (all sloshers/chargers on high tide, especially in fog, or against Glowflies, is awful), but the glories! I think my favorite moment was killing three Steelheads with one Slosher shot, but killing three Flyfish with three consecutive shots was fantastic, too. Plus some great high-intensity moments, like a high tide where I was on the far platform, my allies were all on the near platform and dead, and I revived them all with one Bomb Launcher.

Unfortunately, this does mean that I'll be playing at 400 next time, and I'll do a lot of losing before I stabilize, but it was totally worth it.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I feel bad for any other weapon load-outs...

Hit my first over 100 golden egg shift. Im a Treasure of the Sea, I finally made it Ma. The GrizzCo Slosher is the MVP of the Shift imho. It just wrecks pretty much anything in its path.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Honestly, the Grizzco weapons in retrospect, actually aren't that great. Grizzco Blaster and Brella are fast firing sure, but that's all, their kill time and kill efficiency leaves something to be desired or are average at best, better than other weapons in their class, but a lot of shooter just perform better. Grizzco Charger is one I say is just legitimately great because it's an instant charge E-liter. Grizzco Slosher being up there as well because if offers things that no other weapons can.

You say it is good at only killing one given boss... and that's where you're wrong. The thing pieces, infinitely, everywhere you shoot it basically leaves a trail of destruction. Have a line of bosses? Done. Have a line or mobs? Done. Have a teammate you need to revive on the other side of some mobs? Done. Two Grizzco Sloshers on a Griller phase is comically entertaining. It's definitely not a weapon that can stand completely on its own, your teammates are gonna have to compensate for some of its faults, mainly painting base, but the Grizzco Slosher does key things that no other weapon can easily, mainly taking out Flyfish and Steelheads (and basically everything else) without any waiting. That's the key, it can kill most bosses without the need for waiting and can kill clusters in an instant, it just straight on attacks and everything dies. It's a very conservative weapon in terms of when you should attack and ink.

I don't die often either, but if a rotation has less than optimal weapons for dealing with Stealheads, they can simple get out of hand. Mainly on a map like Lost Outpost in conjunction with other gating bosses like Steel Eel or other bosses obstructing the way. As for Drizzlers, if it's just one, it's no big deal, but in situations where you're teammates have been neglecting them and there are 2 or even 3, the DoT can become fairly troublesome, it's less about the attack being telegraphed, but any bit of DoT can push you over the edge out of nowhere.
Oops I'll rephrase, going from one hot spot to the next. You admit the Grizzco Slosher can't stand on it's own, so uh, there you have it! Grizzco Blaster and Brella can. Their ttk isn't the best sure, but it's still good enough to effectively kill every boss. Also their strength is that they're basically shooters but with AoE for mob murduring, plus Brella also has superb turfing. But if you don't think they're great then I'm curious what weapons would you say are?

Well again that's your experience which is fine. Flyfish, Steel Eels, and Stingers are the main threats to me, and that's all I'm saying, to me. Not stating that as a general fact that applies to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom