• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mr.Grizz must of thought we got a little soft after that Grizzco load-out. This inkbrush rotation is not going to well. For me at least.

Cephalobro

Not liking the fact that the Splatterscope will be in this rotation, I guess it will be yet another Salmon Run where I'll have to protect them from the pests known as Smallfries.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Are the brushes even good in salmon? It could just be me being bad with the them, but any rotation with octo- or inkbrush has never really gone all that well for me.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Are the brushes even good in salmon? It could just be me being bad with the them, but any rotation with octo- or inkbrush has never really gone all that well for me.
They really aren't. The Inkbrush has a hard time killing anything other than the small fry. To boot, it can't reach the Steel Head unless you're on a ledge or above it. It's just...all around really bad, only good for making quick runs to get eggs and such. The Octobrush is a lil better, but its ink consumption is kind of what makes it hard. Better than the inkbrush, but still kind of bad. Least in my opinion.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The new bucket does really well in SR I think. Once you get the range figured out those high arcing shots can be a thing of beauty.

EDIT: Yeah the inkbrush may be the worst weapon Mr. Grizz hands out.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
It really is. The explosher can take out a good number of bosses once to have the range and end lag figured out. My biggest pet peeve with this rotation tho is that all the weapons needed extra "skill" to use well. And being a mostly freelance player doesn't bode well with that lol. I would get the explosher in the first wave and kill a bunch of flyfish with it, and my teammates with the weapon would still use a bomb (wasn't all bad tho). And i noticed quite a few chargers would tap instead of fully charge when fighting enemies. It's fine if it's just one, but fully charging gives you the piercing effect which is so good on linear maps. Also goldie seeking sucks hard on this map, and i got it like 4 times in my playthrough lol.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It really is. The explosher can take out a good number of bosses once to have the range and end lag figured out. My biggest pet peeve with this rotation tho is that all the weapons needed extra "skill" to use well. And being a mostly freelance player doesn't bode well with that lol. I would get the explosher in the first wave and kill a bunch of flyfish with it, and my teammates with the weapon would still use a bomb (wasn't all bad tho). And i noticed quite a few chargers would tap instead of fully charge when fighting enemies. It's fine if it's just one, but fully charging gives you the piercing effect which is so good on linear maps. Also goldie seeking sucks hard on this map, and i got it like 4 times in my playthrough lol.
Agreed, these are great weapons but the learning curve has made this session somewhat difficult still. When you do get teammates that know to shield launch in salmonid rush and kill Flyfish with Explosher, it's good times!

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Just had a succesful run where we had a disconnect, and the last wave was Grillers. Oh man, the ecstasy you can get from this game.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
These 'high risk/high reward' load-outs really expose co-workers that have issues with those weapons. No cake walks for me this time around.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
This next shift, though (the original weapons and map,) seems like it could be a bit easier. Might have some problems with Steelheads, but otherwise we’re looking good.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
I don't know if i'm right, but ins't the current rotation (Splat. Jr, dualies, splat roller and splat charger) the exact same as the very first one from last year? (first day of Salmon i mean)

This is neat :p

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I feel stupid. I just thought of a trick on Mothership waves using long ranged weapons. You stand somewhere near the Mothership when it goes to take eggs from the basket, and you shoot the top of it with the long ranged weapon as carriers are flying out of it. I have only tried this on Marooner's bay, but I can imagine it working on other stages as well. Think about what the Jet Squelcher could do to the thing if given some time to shoot down baskets?

Here is a clip of me doing it with Explosher. Why did I not think about this earlier?!

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
AAaaaaAAAaaAAaaAaAaAaAAaAaAaaAAaaAAaaaahhHHHhhhHHhhHHhhHhHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so angry that I missed the all grizz weapon loadout! I have only been able to play on 2 random weapons loadouts total, so when I saw that this shift was THE DAY I LEFT on a trip I just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAAA AAAAAA

WHY DOES NINTENDO HATE US SO MUCH! Why is it so hard to ask for AT LEAST 2 random loadouts a month!? I'm not even going to be able to play in a month because of college! I am really mad.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I dunno if it's just me, but playing Salmon Run when it first opens seems to be the best time, because that's when I actually get competent people. Anytime after that, I get people who have no idea what they're doing, or they literally run from everything. I've been killed multiple times from people being targeted by Flyfish, stingers, and steel eels because they like to run into everyone else.

As well as I just had a griller wave where the person targeted by the griller decides that standing at the very back of Marooner's Bay (where you start) is a great idea, instead of the platform everyone else was standing on. Guess what? We lost that.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
omg why, on Marooner's bay do people feel some compelled to fight in the bottom corner with time running out and in need of eggs.
This has to be the most frustrating thing for me with 30 seconds left or so let them funnel up and control it and get friggin eggs.........................

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Marooners Bay seems to bring out the worst in most co-workers. I have to agree the start of the shift seems to have the most eager employees that want to put in work.

I have noticed a trend where players like to swim across the entire map when targeted by a Stinger. 'Hey let me help that Stinger strafe the whole work site.' Frustrating.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
Marooners Bay seems to bring out the worst in most co-workers. I have to agree the start of the shift seems to have the most eager employees that want to put in work.

I have noticed a trend where players like to swim across the entire map when targeted by a Stinger. 'Hey let me help that Stinger strafe the whole work site.' Frustrating.
ya i had that with the stinger the other day, plus i seem to get people who love to wipe on purpose. I would of thought anyone who puts the time into getting professional wouldn't be like that. I hover around 400 to 600 pro usually and wish they didn't put people who are at pro 100 or less in the group there is suck a huge difference in ability. they need to open up another title like elite or something for guys like me that only pug play.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Anyone else get the extreme hazard round? I think that's what it was called. Had to get more eggs than normal and the boss waves were a lot heaver. Really fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom