• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Nah. I haven't got that in a while. Then again, I clock out way earlier than I used to because I can't be bothered with SR that much anymore. Used to get like 700 or so, I stop when I get my bonus now. I was def clocking out early this rotation. Dynamo and Hydra? No thanks. These waves were so chaotic...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Anyone else get the extreme hazard round? I think that's what it was called. Had to get more eggs than normal and the boss waves were a lot heaver. Really fun.
You got Hazard Level Max on this current Hydra + Dynamo rotation? If so, my man, are you a god? xD

I've only gotten it during the all Grizzco weapons shift, otherwise no luck, though I usually don't try. It never happened during the previous shift despite reaching 900+ points.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
The problem with the dynamo, and hyda to an extent (besides being ink heavy and slow), is the fact that if your team isn't inking for you and keeping the ground in your color, high chance you're screwed and dead. Dynamo chased by multiple stingers? Yeah, you're a god if you live that with no ink coverage. Specially sense your only efficient way of removing them is via special or splat bombs.

While hydra and dynamo are pretty good and stuff for online lobbies and the like, they don't fair too well in SR. But nice to know I can actually roll over drizzlers.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You got Hazard Level Max on this current Hydra + Dynamo rotation? If so, my man, are you a god? xD

I've only gotten it during the all Grizzco weapons shift, otherwise no luck, though I usually don't try. It never happened during the previous shift despite reaching 900+ points.
I got it with the earlier weekend shift with the one random weapon load-out. I can only imagine a Hazard Level round with the dynamno and Hydra. Unfun.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
During Cohock Charge, I have Splat Charger so I used ink cannon on Spawning Grounds' platform and remaining two filled. I noticed there's no egg collector. When my ink level got low, I left cannon and there's another co-worker next to me, proceeded to enter cannon. He/she's used .52 Gal. Now I'm egg collector. Congrats you're wasting our time.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
The inkbrush is hard to like for SR when it's complete butt at it. I got it literally almost every round I played with my friend. And they always gave it to me on harder waves. Can you just take the ink/octobrush and just...I dunno...erase them from SR history?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
This rotation wasn't bad, was actually pretty good. The N-Zap and Dark Tetras are plenty fine weapons.

E-Liter, I've found a new found love for in Salmon Run. I never realized it 1HKO'd Steel Eels and Scrappers, especially Steel Eels, it felt surprisingly good to use. Still much prefer the gun weapons for sure, but I actually didn't mind taking on the Charger role that much.

Inkbrush was definitely the weakest out of the set. But honestly with the rest of the set being good weapons, I didn't mind it as much as with other rotations.

Overall, enjoyable and I had some good teams. Though Also some pathetically bad. Still was able to raise my Pro-400 to Pro-500 in a fairly timely manor compared to some other rotations. Though I will say, I'm actually surprised how good some of my Griller waves went, seems during the majority of them, my teammates were on point.

Last edited:

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
I want to like the inkbrush I really do.
I feel that. It's like, back when I first started Salmon Run I thought "hey I can just run around with this to pick up eggs." Its brushing mobility doesn't matter when you're losing ink for it, so you can't afford to throw bombs while ferrying eggs. Or using it to reach a Flyfish, same deal. And it's supposed to be good at mobility, its damage is tiny. It's basically only any good against Stingers and Mothership waves.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Im starting to get decent with the charger thanks to SR... but the scoped version is still a work in progress.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
The scope on the Scoped E-Liter is useful for killing Scrappers from the side. There's a fine point where you can kill them if you shoot 'em from the side with the E-Liter. It helped me learn this.

Had some runs where I played with some people in Overachiever, and it's rather nice for chilling out. I actually have a little breathing room. After a while, I get to where I don't really care about the fact that I don't gain any points.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I am done with SR at this point. Just clearly done. I stopped playing after getting my bonus to avoid running into idiots. And hey, why not, I thought. I need chunks and some more cash, so let's do this. I'm done, and never doing it again. I'm getting my bonus, and leaving. It's nice to know that people are still doing mistakes that should be easy not to do. And that included, but not limited to:

• Not getting on the platform (whatever sweet spot there is) in glowfly, thus making the eggs harder to transport and them easier to get killed and wiped
• The roller (minus carbon) still stupidly flinging and not simply just rolling over everyone and reserving swings for the goldies in goldfly
• Leaving stingers/flyfish 100% alive and not dealing with them, causing severe choas and at least one person unable to do anything
• Not using specials, instead they hoard onto them and only use them when everyone is dead (which usually results in them dying immediately upon use most of the time)
• Getting teammates killed (by luring missiles, stingrays, steel eels, other things at them)
• Still people trying to "YOLO" it with about 30 or so seconds left and they're the only ones left alive, ignoring teammates

That's all I have off the top of my head right now, but god. I don't expect everyone to be godly, but I'd like to not always be the last one alive. I'm running to and fro across the entire map killing bosses (mainly stingers and flyfish) that no one goes for. There's barely any time for me to deposit eggs because I'm constantly doing everything else.

End rant...
-----------

But um...in terms of this rotation, it's not too bad. I don't see what people find fun about using the bloblobber. It's not really all that fun to use. Just a slosher, with a gimmick. I guess it kind of substitutes for another shooter, which is okay. But all weapons, minus the roller, take out stingrays well and have enough range to deal with pests. So that's good.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
I mostly accept my role as The Slayer in Salmon Run. I still need to fully learn how to prioritize, as grabbing some more eggs in Wave 1 should be better, but by Wave 3 I should be all guns. So I hope I don't get a bad loadout there.

Edit: Players not prioritizing the artillery that WILL just sit there and keep firing from complete safety is always irritating though.

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
But um...in terms of this rotation, it's not too bad. I don't see what people find fun about using the bloblobber. It's not really all that fun to use. Just a slosher, with a gimmick. I guess it kind of substitutes for another shooter, which is okay. But all weapons, minus the roller, take out stingrays well and have enough range to deal with pests. So that's good.
I don’t much care for the bloblobber either. It can do some nice DPS to a single target, but it doesn’t paint paths as well as I’d want.

Incidentally, and I know I’m going to get brutalized for this, but people who play Octolings are becoming the new [WUT] members in Salmon Run. It seems like they’re in this sweet spot of casual-gamer in the playerbase; new players don’t have DLC, veterans preferring Inklings for historical reasons (see: Genwunner), and the Octoling players fill around half of the remaining people. They’re the lone wolves, with a save:death ratio of like 1:3 to 1:6, disregarding the idea of it being a team-based game.

Like, I don't want to come off as though everyone that uses an Octoling is a derp because that's not true at all, but it's just one of those patterns that seems to pop up. There were some pretty great [WUT] players too.

EDIT: Just for clarity, the reason my gold egg count is low and power egg count is high was because I had the .96 on a Glowfly wave, and knew it'd be best if I focus on tearing down the Goldies while the roller took care of the Chum.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Incidentally, and I know I’m going to get brutalized for this, but people who play Octolings are becoming the new [WUT] members in Salmon Run. It seems like they’re in this sweet spot of casual-gamer in the playerbase; new players don’t have DLC, veterans preferring Inklings for historical reasons (see: Genwunner), and the Octoling players fill around half of the remaining people.
guy with cup reaction image.gif

I'm glad you readily admitted that not all octo players are like this, because the assertion that people who play octolings are somehow worse for it is patently ridiculous. So we're assuming less of people because... they spent 20 dollars on an expansion with the intent of making use of it? Bad players are gonna be bad players regardless of any factors.

I won't discount your experiences that lead to this assumption, I know how frustrating random players can be. But... judge people for poor play, for questionable tactics like using a charger up front without the skills to make that work, for toxic behavior, and for using abilities that don't benefit them (hi run speed rollers!). Let's not judge people for how they look. There's enough of that going on outside of the game ;)

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
View attachment 6541
the assertion that people who play octolings are somehow worse for it is patently ridiculous.
Clearly I wasn’t illustrating my point, because that’s absolutely true; I wouldn’t try to argue that a cosmetic skin affects gameplay, especially with how minor the differences are between Inklings and Octolings. You could make this point in Dead By Daylight where staying inconspicuous is an important game element, but not here in Splatoon where most of the stealth comes from swimming and hiding in your Ink.

What I was trying to say is that playing as an Octoling draws in another set of people, people who might want to flaunt their achievements or DLC purchases, or maybe people that want to hype themselves up a bit more. I suspect there’s more of a connection between this mindset and poor teamwork performance, which is why I see the pattern I mentioned. It’s not that playing as an Octoling makes you a bad player, it’s that people with a more toxic and self indulgent mentality tend to prefer playing as a DLC character.

And of course there’s going to be other people who prefer to play as an Octoling for completely unrelated reasons, the obvious one just being that they prefer the appearance.

the

Inkling Commander
I’ve been having trouble getting the hang of that sub-strafing thing, I usually forget to use it in VS mode when it would benefit me. But salmon run is some pretty good practice, there are some eggs that i just barely got into the basket and some steelhead bombs i was able to dodge because I turned around fast! Now I just need to work on knowing when to do that in multiplayer...

Clearly I wasn’t illustrating my point, because that’s absolutely true; I wouldn’t try to argue that a cosmetic skin affects gameplay, especially with how minor the differences are between Inklings and Octolings. You could make this point in Dead By Daylight where staying inconspicuous is an important game element, but not here in Splatoon where most of the stealth comes from swimming and hiding in your Ink.

What I was trying to say is that playing as an Octoling draws in another set of people, people who might want to flaunt their achievements or DLC purchases, or maybe people that want to hype themselves up a bit more. I suspect there’s more of a connection between this mindset and poor teamwork performance, which is why I see the pattern I mentioned. It’s not that playing as an Octoling makes you a bad player, it’s that people with a more toxic and self indulgent mentality tend to prefer playing as a DLC character.

And of course there’s going to be other people who prefer to play as an Octoling for completely unrelated reasons, the obvious one just being that they prefer the appearance.
I personally just never bothered switching off octoling when i finished the expansion :P

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It does sure seem like the talent pool has gotten pretty bad lately in SR. It almost feels like a real job just to get your super bonus any more. Multiple losses due to not hitting the egg quota last load out. Unacceptable.

Virtue Signalling over octolings is borderline 'patently ridiculous.' I have also ran across a good majority of octos being bad players.

No safe spaces in the Break Room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom