• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I’m constantly replacing my gear after painstakingly adding the abilities I want. Next on the chopping block, at least for Salmon Run, is the Legenday Cap with Run Speed; I’m planning out a Ballpoint set that makes use of it instead of the Old-Timey Hat to bring back Cuttlefish’s glory days. I’ll probably nolife the random all-Grizzco weapon shift tomorrow, because even a team of randos should be able to get 80+ eggs per game and make grinding through the post-1200 reward pool easier.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Think we will get a new Grizzco weapon this month? Like the gear choice this time around. Not a fan of the last 2 months.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Think we will get a new Grizzco weapon this month? Like the gear choice this time around. Not a fan of the last 2 months.
Like a lot of others, I’m looking forward to the rerelease of the S1 Octoling armour, and I need to find a use for the set. I was thinking Octoshot to be super duper creative and original, but I’m still thinking.

Also I notice that we got a nifty new feature on SplatNet and nobody has used it yet. So I will.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Oh yes, it’s ANOTHER ALL GRIZZCO SHIIIFT :D

(Time for unexperienced teammates agaaaain...)

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Oh yes, it’s ANOTHER ALL GRIZZCO SHIIIFT :D

(Time for unexperienced teammates agaaaain...)
There’s only Grizzco weapon I don’t trust a rando with, and that’s the slosher. They just don’t understand that you get 4 shots but can OHKO a Flyfish. There’s plenty of standard weapons that’d make for a harder shift

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Overall...

But I do have to rant about this one guy. It was a Cohawk rush. We all know the typical strategy right? 2 guys take cannon duty, 2 guys take egg collection duty (probably don't even need that since we had 2 Grizzco Sloshers)... We did that... but this one guy... he was supposed to be on egg collecting duty... he was on egg DEFENSE duty the entire time. He didn't deposit a SINGLE egg, leaving me, with the Grizzco Slosher (which, again, ULTIMITED POWER!!!!) depositing them, I got 7/15. We ended with 9... Out cannon players both got more eggs than he did... cause they realized he was a lost cause... but unfortunately they were too late.

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Overall...

But I do have to rant about this one guy. It was a Cohawk rush. We all know the typical strategy right? 2 guys take cannon duty, 2 guys take egg collection duty (probably don't even need that since we had 2 Grizzco Sloshers)... We did that... but this one guy... he was supposed to be on egg collecting duty... he was on egg DEFENSE duty the entire time. He didn't deposit a SINGLE egg, leaving me, with the Grizzco Slosher (which, again, ULTIMITED POWER!!!!) depositing them, I got 7/15. We ended with 9... Out cannon players both got more eggs than he did... cause they realized he was a lost cause... but unfortunately they were too late.
Unfortunately not even a weapon that actually IS overpowered can fix The Stupid™.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That was a fun shift, but something strange happened.

There's only 4 weapons, and, presumably a 25% chance of getting any random one of them.
Well, it took me until my 27th wave to get the Grizzco Blaster (my favorite, of course...). That means for 26 waves in a row, I didn't get it. The chances of that happening are about 0,06%. What in the world, RNG?
We did that... but this one guy... he was supposed to be on egg collecting duty... he was on egg DEFENSE duty the entire time.
That's funny, I had that happen this shift too. Not the entire time, thank god, but still...
I just don't understand how people in the Profresh 500 range still think they have to defend eggs or 'This Way' eggs. Unless you're talking Goldie seek waves, that's just so stupid.

Maave

Inkling Commander
There’s only Grizzco weapon I don’t trust a rando with, and that’s the slosher. They just don’t understand that you get 4 shots but can OHKO a Flyfish. There’s plenty of standard weapons that’d make for a harder shift
I'm still not good at this weapon because I hardly ever get it. It behaves oddly compared to other weapons, not like the other grizzco weapons where you just hold the fire button and go nuts. I wish there was a grizzco test range.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Over 12,500 points later and still no Run Speed Legendary Cap. I guess it IS a 1/210 chance every 400 points, but it’s just kind of a pain.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
at pro 770 but i keep seaming to get players that do less than half my damage all the time, if they just killed a bit more it would be a cakewalk.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Ah, my baby the Grizzco Slosher. How I've missed you. But shockingly, haven't really been having any issues. Whether it be solo or playing with a bud. Most people get things down. Only issue is people, still, when it's Goldie Seeking decide to always pop the two gushers near the basket instead of the ones below us on the ground to see if it's near.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
That's funny, I had that happen this shift too. Not the entire time, thank god, but still...
I just don't understand how people in the Profresh 500 range still think they have to defend eggs or 'This Way' eggs. Unless you're talking Goldie seek waves, that's just so stupid.
It's fine if you're doing that for a bit, but the guy was doing it for the entire game and literally refused to deposit his eggs, even when I was mashing "This Way!" next to the basket. Like there was enough eggs, that it'd be fine if we lost some. Using the "This Way!" command also tends to be somewhat useful in standard waves cause keeping eggs from being snatched matters a lot more, especially if you get bad boss RNG and a lot of them are backliner bosses.

That aside. Finished up getting to Pro 999 this morning.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Ah yes, the ol' full Grizzco rotation - a perfect gift after a month of absence! (Thanks post-education hassle...)

Unfortunately, I was lugged with the Grizzco Slosher most of the time, which meant I had to go tryhard on most waves - but then again, I think it's better for it to be me, as opposed to some rando who hasn't realized you can use the Slosher to penetrate the Salmonid armament. (Points for anyone who gets that reference.)

Also, I swear the ability chunk capsules are rigged to either give you a small amount of money or max chunks for a borderline useless ability like cold-blooded...

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Ah yes, the ol' full Grizzco rotation - a perfect gift after a month of absence! (Thanks post-education hassle...)

Unfortunately, I was lugged with the Grizzco Slosher most of the time, which meant I had to go tryhard on most waves - but then again, I think it's better for it to be me, as opposed to some rando who hasn't realized you can use the Slosher to penetrate the Salmonid armament. (Points for anyone who gets that reference.)

Also, I swear the ability chunk capsules are rigged to either give you a small amount of money or max chunks for a borderline useless ability like cold-blooded...
Yeah, they totally are. Mr. Grizz, like any other corporation, is ripping us off so we have to work harder for the same rewards. It’s all an evil scheme.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
well i had 2 new experiences today

first is the game loaded with only me in it lol my quota was 4 eggs witch ok doable but they really need to reduce the time between bosses when there are less than 4 players to have a fair chance.

second is i had a game that we wiped out in the third wave and when we went to the stats there was a guy on my team that had 12 eggs dropped off and zero damage, i was like wtf but the guy didn't shoot anything lol.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The GrizzCo Slosher ... It will expose bad players, its almost to hard to watch at times. A co-worker that is good with it though..look out. Its a thing of beauty. Really fun during the Glowfly round. It can get pretty tricky when you got 2 or more handed out during a round. You just cant recover and have any kind of inked work area with multiple buckets of DOOM.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
The grizzly slosher's ability to pierce anything makes it one of my fave Grizzco weapons but my #1 pick is the charger. An instant charge rate allows it to react incredibly quickly to nearly any situation and makes it a more reliable boss/horde killer than super slow and ink hungry grizz slosher.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Grizzco Slosher is definitely a weapon that is disgustingly powerful in the right hands.

Just combing over my Grizzco History, the 4 matches I was able to find where I did have the Grizzco Slosher twice in a game, my boss kill numbers where high. Ranging from 19 to 23 bosses defeated. Compare that to my teammates during those game who the highest was 14.

The Grizzco Slosher is definitely a monster if used right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom