• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
If it's not on for you, it's not on for me. Salmon Runs aren't on region-specific times like Splatfests.

For the record, I just posted it this morning, but I played last night.
Ah, got it. I just assumed otherwise because of when you posted; thanks for that clarification.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Goldie seeking normal tide = Auto loss.

Love when 'they' special the damn thing as soon as it pops out of the man hole cover on the furthest point of the map from the basket.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Tenta Brella. Another interesting case. What do you guys think about it?

Powerful but slow.... that kind of slow that's not compensated by other qualities sadly. Its big shield would be really cool if... if it just wouldn't istan break if it touches a scrapper or steel eel *facepalm*

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Tenta Brella. Another interesting case. What do you guys think about it?

Powerful but slow.... that kind of slow that's not compensated by other qualities sadly. Its big shield would be really cool if... if it just wouldn't istan break if it touches a scrapper or steel eel *facepalm*
I honestly don’t mind it. The main weapon has some range and can take out any boss fairly quickly. The shield gets moving quickly, and with how wide it is it can really shove things out of your way. You can also deploy it down a path and forget about it to paint some trails for your team. I feel like people don’t squish Chums with the shield enough and that’s why they get overwhelmed using it.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Im a fan of the Tenta. It packs a nice punch. Like a lot of the slower weapons if your team inst inking and holding their own it can be a liability.

I always get a kick launching the 'Brella' at a Stinger.

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
This rotation was definitely fun, and I think, to your point, the Tenta often had enough ink on the ground with the N-Zap and Dapples running around that it could really shine in the right hands.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
This rotation was definitely fun, and I think, to your point, the Tenta often had enough ink on the ground with the N-Zap and Dapples running around that it could really shine in the right hands.
agreed on tenta but the case is you have to depend on someone to ink the ground and in many cases people don't have the concept to help the other weapons where it's needed and just ink their own pathways and not making escapes for others while running around. So in general i rather all weapons that don't need to depend on others for escape ink and time. I enjoy the weapon but it's a liability once you need 20 or more eggs per round it's slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Round one. Just slay anything that moves and gather 30 eggs

Round two. Player A gets the gootuber, dynmo, inkbrush, or the other weapons that needs a little skill to use. 8 eggs and a crew wipe.

Thats been my SR experience the last few months.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
good load out today i even enjoyed the hydra until i started getting level max hazards then the weapon is just too slow, love the smokeyard map soooo much fun. Decided yesterday i won't play marooners bay no more i just can't handle people jumping off to the right side pit of death and falling short on eggs all day long.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Who else tried that Flyfish tactic where you don't kill them but just break one launcher? It seems crazy, but it's actually very effective on hard waves and high tides. It's better having 3 flyfish with one launcher each instead of a new one keep spawning after you killed one.

Usually, on hard waves, boss keep spawning istantly unless there are 3 of the same type (yep, there can't be 4 bosses of the same kind at the same time!) so you can exploit this limit to block flyfish spawn and increase other bosses like Maws, who are easy to lure near basket.

Of course, if at the very start a flyfish spawn, i kill them asap. But when i notice more than one are already spawned, i just break one launcher and let them alive. With only one launcher they can aim at only one player at time, which makes easier to avoid the missiles

Cephalobro

Oh boy, what's with Nintendo and their refusal to finish a gear set relatively quickly? I mean, if you're going to postpone the Octoleet Armor, at least have another single-player related gear as Salmon Run reward instead of giving something random like the Worker Hat (or whatever is going to be called). Maybe IDK, one of the Agent 4 armor pieces?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Todays load out may be the best Griller slaying combo going. Roller, brella, and clash all do a nice job on the smallfry removal. The charger stopping the Griller and the other 3 weapons can swarm and kill within seconds. Any crew with normal players should roll through that wave today I think.

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
I am ecstatic for this next loadout, with the one random weapon, but similarly wish it was on a different map.

Cephalobro

New Salmon Run stage out of nowhere?! Also, is it just me, or this stage is a heavily damaged place where humans used to go?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom