• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Guess The Person Above You's Username Origin

applekrisps

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him/it/its/ey/em
going for Regale__
uhh... i'm gonna guess it's something fandom-based, specifically something with royalty being a major point. idk anything specific like that :')

EverGreen

Inkling
432 Scallion Ave Apt. 5A, Flounder Heights
Switch Friend Code
SW-3324-8584-6998
Both lmao, Ill go ahead and guess that you like the color green and evergreen trees are always cool
Bingo! I also like cold places as well as nature.
going for Regale__
uhh... i'm gonna guess it's something fandom-based, specifically something with royalty being a major point. idk anything specific like that :')
Um... you like cereal or potato chips?

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
Bingo! I also like cold places as well as nature.

Um... you like cereal or potato chips?
I’m gonna guess you have a particular fondness for the environment, and your favorite color is green?

RnSp

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6240-3299-3133
true, but not the reason! good guess though, it is partially food related
I will guess you like Apple crisps (cause It's apparantly real and I didn't know it existed, searched it up to confirm) and thought it will look better if it's written with a k

applekrisps

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him/it/its/ey/em
I will guess you like Apple crisps (cause It's apparantly real and I didn't know it existed, searched it up to confirm) and thought it will look better if it's written with a k
yup! freeze-dried apple crisps specifically -- i grew up on that stuff
(and half-right on the k -- it's both that and because i was deep in my deltarune phase when i came up with the name, so the k is for kris)

SyMag373

Inkster Jr.
I'm gonna guess yours here since applekrisps was already guessed.

I'll go for the possibly low-hanging fruit and say RnSp is short for Run Speed? I feel like that likely isn't it but maybe I'll get lucky lol

Regale__

Inkster Jr.
going for Regale__
Kindaaaaa close? It's kinda hard bcuz I don't have my normal pfp on here and I don't have my whole pronouns and sexuality listed on this site

Stolen from my twitter (you'll find it easily but don't follow it twitter is mid) also context my pfp on there was Tulin at the time and now is Tulin+jet made by @eggpathy (I'm plugging them because they're awesome and make banger art)

i am very happy about the @ change so i want to explain everything about it Re-gale (its like gale but like again and Tulin from tearing the kingdom) Regal(e) (reminds me of purple which is the ace color) (r)e-gale (eagle currently obsessed with the 🦅emoji thanks osc twt /silly)

Anyways Symag? Maybe something to do with Professor Sycamore considering the Salamance pfp? Numbers? Just means you made ur acc around 2013

SyMag373

Inkster Jr.
Anyways Symag? Maybe something to do with Professor Sycamore considering the Salamance pfp? Numbers? Just means you made ur acc around 2013
Well the 373 I just added to my account here because my old account is inaccessible lol, but yes that and the pfp reference Salamence, my favorite Pokémon.

As for the rest of it, I came up with it one night while signing up for a Project M tourney in college. I don't play Smash Bros. anymore, but when I did play I mained Ness. Originally I signed up under the name "PsiMag," but released it wouldn't fit in-game because names can only be 5 letters long in Brawl/PM. I shortened it to "SyMag" instead, thinking nothing of it at the time. But I ended up finishing 2nd that night and, taking it as a good omen, used it as my username ever since, even after I stopped playing Smash.

So yeah, "SyMag" comes from "PSI Magnet," one of Ness's moves in Smash Bros. :)

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
uh...well, if the point of the thread is to guess the user above you's username's origin...i guess it comes from psi magnet, one of ness's moves in smash bros

RnSp

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6240-3299-3133
I'm gonna guess yours here since applekrisps was already guessed.

I'll go for the possibly low-hanging fruit and say RnSp is short for Run Speed? I feel like that likely isn't it but maybe I'll get lucky lol
Sadly no, but your the first person who hasn't told me they thought my name meant "right now" (which isn't the origin btw) a nice change, I guess mine is hard to guess cause it's based on two different things

But Run Speed sounds cool af now that I think about it

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
My first guess would have been Run Speed but then I did some light reading.
Yours is extremely difficult to guess. It'd be much easier if it wasn't abbreviated.

Mine will be very hard to guess, trust.

9DB

Inkling Cadet
My first thought was literally weed. But probably a salmon run pun looking at your profile.

(You think yours is hard? Pathetic. Good luck with mine)

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
You're close. Not with the weed, with the Salmon Run.

I'm going to go out on a narrow limb and guess that you are or were a Minecraft player who wanted a three-character name, and have decided to use the same name for Splatoon.

It's as good a guess as any.

Shortcake

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1636-2040-6048
^ you saw that image (pfp) on the internet and knew what had to be done

gay4bigman

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/it
Switch Friend Code
SW-4380-0270-6060
^ you like shortcakes, or you're a fan of strawberry shortcake maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom