• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Guess The Person Above You's Username Origin

Hokuto

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
Your mind is a void.

Nah man
And to make sure you don't get skipped over, it wouldn't be capitalized like that if it was a decibel count. (Humans would probably have a hard time detecting a 9dB sound, so I can't imagine what it would be.) Does it stand for something?

9DB

Inkling Cadet
And to make sure you don't get skipped over, it wouldn't be capitalized like that if it was a decibel count. (Humans would probably have a hard time detecting a 9dB sound, so I can't imagine what it would be.) Does it stand for something?
Idk probably some Japanese name or word

In a way. The D & B do. The 9 has an interesting story.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I'm definitely not getting this without a hint.
The D & B stand for something, potentially separate things, and the 9 has a story behind it.
Possibly the most meaningful username in Splatoon at this point.

^ you saw that image (pfp) on the internet and knew what had to be done
Not really.
This pfp was actually quite difficult to find.
Mine is convoluted, but I'll give a hint: It has everything to do with puns.

9DB

Inkling Cadet
I'm definitely not getting this without a hint.
The D & B stand for something, potentially separate things, and the 9 has a story behind it.
Possibly the most meaningful username in Splatoon at this point.

Not really.
This pfp was actually quite difficult to find.
Mine is convoluted, but I'll give a hint: It has everything to do with puns.
One hit wonder.

The PFP has only one pot left.

There is most definitely a splatted player in it.

It wiped out your whole crew with only one pot left?

(I'll give it to you if you can only guess where the 9 came from. As for a hint, it was originally a mistake. And it's most definitely not meaningful. It's just odd. I'll tell it to y'all if you don't get it in the next 3 guesses.)

lizardontheweb

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7014-1500-2547
One hit wonder.

The PFP has only one pot left.

There is most definitely a splatted player in it.

It wiped out your whole crew with only one pot left?

(I'll give it to you if you can only guess where the 9 came from. As for a hint, it was originally a mistake. And it's most definitely not meaningful. It's just odd. I'll tell it to y'all if you don't get it in the next 3 guesses.)
I can’t think of what the 9 was supposed to be. The db stands for dragon ball?

Iciest Ice

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5366-9128-5213
You live in a cold area?

(They're unrelated)
i do live in a decently cold area but thats unrelated to the origin of the username. In fact, its not related to any private info of mine (like legal name, where i live, etc)

About yours, im out of ideas. Is it a reference to your real name + a hobby/interest of yours?

9DB

Inkling Cadet
i do live in a decently cold area but thats unrelated to the origin of the username. In fact, its not related to any private info of mine (like legal name, where i live, etc)

About yours, im out of ideas. Is it a reference to your real name + a hobby/interest of yours?
You have a MC Dungeons profile so do you like the ice DLC in that game?

Wait... snowier snow... is it that?

Yes, a part it has to do with my name. Honestly, I can just tell y'all

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Is it Dave?

I am frankly really curious as to what your three characters mean, so do please reveal it.
I'll also share mine.

I literally wrote out a list of Stinger-related puns and picked the one I liked best.
Additionally, I like using difficult one-shot weapons (my only 4-stars are REEF-LUX and Goo). It ended up fitting quite nicely.

Reactions: 9DB

9DB

Inkling Cadet
Is it Dave?

I am frankly really curious as to what your three characters mean, so do please reveal it.
I'll also share mine.

I literally wrote out a list of Stinger-related puns and picked the one I liked best.
Additionally, I like using difficult one-shot weapons (my only 4-stars are REEF-LUX and Goo). It ended up fitting quite nicely.
9 : when creating an account on Pokemon Ultra Moon, I accidentally typed in a 9 before my name. What I thought was backspace was the save button. And I couldn't change it so it stuck

D : My name starts with D. I just cut out everything else and left just 9D. (It sounds like the number 90) (and I'm not revealing my name)

B: I needed at least 3 characters for a username on something so I added a B because the name of my pet starts with a B.

It was pretty unique so I just use it for literally everything now. Sometimes I need more digits so I add a 7 just because.

Iciest Ice

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5366-9128-5213
9 : when creating an account on Pokemon Ultra Moon, I accidentally typed in a 9 before my name. What I thought was backspace was the save button. And I couldn't change it so it stuck

D : My name starts with D. I just cut out everything else and left just 9D. (It sounds like the number 90) (and I'm not revealing my name)

B: I needed at least 3 characters for a username on something so I added a B because the name of my pet starts with a B.

It was pretty unique so I just use it for literally everything now. Sometimes I need more digits so I add a 7 just because.
Thats indeed quite unique online name!

Reactions: 9DB

Iciest Ice

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5366-9128-5213
You have a MC Dungeons profile so do you like the ice DLC in that game?

Wait... snowier snow... is it that?

Yes, a part it has to do with my name. Honestly, I can just tell y'all
it is not related to mc dungeons. My current pfp is the first decent pic i found, i change pfps a lot.
as a clue, i like me some dungeon and dragons :D

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
you like being a wizard and casting ice spells? I don't know much about D&D
it is not related to mc dungeons. My current pfp is the first decent pic i found, i change pfps a lot.
as a clue, i like me some dungeon and dragons :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom