• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Guess The Person Above You's Username Origin

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
uh you took squid kid song but the squid is a explosive

OR

Harry Potter fan
both. I wouldn't say I'm a harry potter fan, but I do really like the series.
it just started out as i wanted a username that was short (less than 10 characters so it can fit in splatoon with room for hopefully a team tag) and also easy and short to say, and also unique, and also one that I like personally (which I tend to be picky about). this doesn't feel like it would be super hard until you try doing it. and then you realize that apparently it is. so one day i just started experimenting with random sounds and found squib, which sounds like squid (because its splatoon obviously). then i realized that it's already a word from harry potter but i let it go because i like harry potter (it's top 4-5) and even if it wasn't the original intent, people could read into it and they still wouldn't be completely wrong. which i think is cool.
This was around the time discord was doing their username change thing and so of course I had to change it to that. but squib was already taken because of course it is (not sarcastically) so I went back to how i came up with it, which is that it sounds like squid. and then I thought of the song and I knew I had the right username.

for some context I had been pondering this for actual years. even before I got serious about splatoon I never felt like I had a good username. and I finally found an amazing one

ok i'll stop typing now

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
Madt was already taken ?
and i'd guess madt comes from an irl name, probably ? maybe ? maybe i'm wrong who knows, that never happened before but it could for all we know
in like 2nd grade by tech teacher was all "DONT USE YOUR REAL NAME FOR A USERNAME!"

and so my dad was like "your username is madt123"

and it has been since

but I also go by: chai, minty, and puffy fish

Rat L. Boy

Inkling
I have a feeling that your username is madt123 because your 2nd grade teacher was all “DONT USE YOUR REAL NAME FOR A USERNAME!” But that’s just a hunch.

mizuta_ahato

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
above me WAS ayyumeme (before the page refreshed), obv i'm just gonna assume ayumi + meme
now it's Rat L. Boy... who must be a rat boy.

mines way too tough and not at all obvious, i don't think anybody would get it lmaooo

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
something anime related
Actually, I originally got it from the Octo Expansion art book called “HaikaraWalker” (Inkipolis Illustrated)
I wanted to use the name for a squid party (private battle) but it was over ten letters.
So basically, “Hikarimoon” is short for “HaikaraWalker”
And I think it’s cute

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom