Have you ever had a near death experience?

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
i’ve never had one, what stories do you guys have?

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Not sure if this counts but years ago, one of my friends called me to ask for help in finding his Switch. There was this club we used to go to so he thought he might have left it there, I went out and met up with him to help.
When we got there the place was closed and there was no one around who could open it for us so we gave up and headed back.
It was already getting dark so we were trying to hurry up.
We crossed the street and talked about what we were going to do tomorrow to find it until I noticed one of the cars wasn't stopping.
It's not uncommon for people driving to be super impatient so I've seen a lot of cars get extremely close to cross as soon as I move even just a bit out of their way.
I was thinking they would stop eventually but both me and my friend both realized at the last second that whoever was driving was going to hit us unless we moved now.
I remember actually jumping out of the way, my friend was behind me so I have no idea how he didn't get hit since I was already extremely close to the car.
They passed by and I heard the woman driving say "Sorry!" as she kept going, unbelievable.

Umbreonfan

Senior Squid
Not sure if this counts but years ago, one of my friends called me to ask for help in finding his Switch. There was this club we used to go to so he thought he might have left it there, I went out and met up with him to help.
When we got there the place was closed and there was no one around who could open it for us so we gave up and headed back.
We crossed the street and talked about what we were going to do tomorrow to find it until I noticed one of the cars wasn't stopping.
It's not uncommon for people driving to be super impatient so I've seen a lot of cars get extremely close to cross as soon as I move even just a bit out of their way.
I was thinking they would stop eventually but both me and my friend both realized at the last second that whoever was driving was going to hit us unless we moved now.
I remember actually jumping out of the way, my friend was behind me so I have no idea how he didn't get hit since I was already extremely close to the car.
They passed by and I heard the woman driving say "Sorry!" as she kept going, unbelievable.
Almost getting ran over definitely counts.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i can't think of anything i hate more than genuinely careless drivers. every time i think some road laws are a bit strict i realize they are not strict enough. i can't understand the simple act of just paying attention while driving being too much for some people. i also live in america, and i find it funny when people say that their state or another state has the worst drivers. everybody realizes that we have way too many terrible drivers but we don't do much about it. i rage more about people driving when im off the road more than im actually on it i just realized lol

anyway while i'm here, i'm not cool enough to have had any near death experiences myself (i think) but i used to get a lot of weird dreams that ended in my death, and that was when i was pretty young so i can't remember why they were happening. nowadays, my sleeps are just empty. i sleep and then i wake up, awake -> nothing -> awake again.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
i can't think of anything i hate more than genuinely careless drivers. every time i think some road laws are a bit strict i realize they are not strict enough. i can't understand the simple act of just paying attention while driving being too much for some people. i also live in america, and i find it funny when people say that their state or another state has the worst drivers. everybody realizes that we have way too many terrible drivers but we don't do much about it. i rage more about people driving when im off the road more than im actually on it i just realized lol
It's not even the only time it's happened to me before, I had a similar experience again just last month around the same area.
There's just so many horrible drivers and we just have to deal with it despite how dangerous it is.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
the real definition of a near-death encounter means that you die but don't cross the permanent death line and that will make you see if you go to heaven or hell, and that is a perfect time to repent from all sins you have not already repented from

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
i feel like i should have had one but i can't actually think of anything. maybe my brain is shutting it out of memory or smth lol

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
i feel like i should have had one but i can't actually think of anything. maybe my brain is shutting it out of memory or smth lol
I am a Christian and do know about near-death experiances, they can occur at a certain point in life and if you get to see heaven then you just want to die then because how beautiful heaven will be when you actually die for real, but, if you sinned and did not repent yet you will catch a glimpse of hell, and trust me every Christan doesn't want you or even themselves to go there. So to recap all of these things above are not real close-death encounters because they didn't say anything about seeing heaven or hell.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I am a Christian and do know about near-death experiances, they can occur at a certain point in life and if you get to see heaven then you just want to die then because how beautiful heaven will be when you actually die for real, but, if you sinned and did not repent yet you will catch a glimpse of hell, and trust me every Christan doesn't want you or even themselves to go there. So to recap all of these things above are not real close-death encounters because they didn't say anything about seeing heaven or hell.
yea, but what i meant is more like “have you ever dodged a bullet” y’know

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
yea, but what i meant is more like “have you ever dodged a bullet” y’know
sorry, I just got confused because of the word near-death experience because what I said is true, so next time you do something like this please be more descriptive so I don't have to get confused over it.

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
can you not

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
almost go into a car crash, was just casually driving home w/ my mom and the person in front of us suddenly stopped

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
sorry to everyone that I got mad with that I said something true, because there are people who actually saw even or hel

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
there’s nothing wrong with having your own beliefs

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
sorry to everyone that I got mad with that I said something true, because there are people who actually saw even or hel
ok look.

1) in general "sorry i said something true and made you mad" is a rude non-apology. it is better to say nothing than to imply "oh i'm sorry that you can't handle the truth". this goes even if what you're saying is objectively true. please decide whether you're sorry about it or not.

2) what is true is that physiological near-death experiences are a well-documented phenomenon and that it's strongly associated with seeing religious imagery. "you are actually seeing the afterlife" is a belief on the other hand. i will not claim to be an expert on the topic but it's just as likely that the physiological parts of being, y'know, close to dying cause hallucinations that are influenced by someone's religious beliefs or those beliefs they've absorbed from the culture around them. scientifically speaking, we don't really know what causes NDEs. maybe we'll never know for sure.

3) i know you're trying to share information you think is helpful but please understand that regardless of your intentions, replying directly to someone who isn't looking for religious discussion and going "one day you're going to see if you're going to hell or not, if you see hell you have a chance to repent" is weird and uncomfortable at best.

anyway to engage with this thread in the way OP intended (because yes, people do use 'near-death experience' colloquially to mean 'time where you could've died'), when i was 10 or so my mom and i got in a car crash; i was sitting in the passenger seat focused on playing a pokemon game on my DS so i wasn't paying full attention but my mom did stress that, hey, if she didn't notice and react fast enough we could've died 👍 funny how so many of these stories are about cars, huh? isn't car-centered infrastructure great??

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
ok look.

1) in general "sorry i said something true and made you mad" is a rude non-apology. it is better to say nothing than to imply "oh i'm sorry that you can't handle the truth". this goes even if what you're saying is objectively true. please decide whether you're sorry about it or not.

2) what is true is that physiological near-death experiences are a well-documented phenomenon and that it's strongly associated with seeing religious imagery. "you are actually seeing the afterlife" is a belief on the other hand. i will not claim to be an expert on the topic but it's just as likely that the physiological parts of being, y'know, close to dying cause hallucinations that are influenced by someone's religious beliefs or those beliefs they've absorbed from the culture around them. scientifically speaking, we don't really know what causes NDEs. maybe we'll never know for sure.

3) i know you're trying to share information you think is helpful but please understand that regardless of your intentions, replying directly to someone who isn't looking for religious discussion and going "one day you're going to see if you're going to hell or not, if you see hell you have a chance to repent" is weird and uncomfortable at best.
thank you for being better at wording things than me yet again leaf <3

i will mention though that i am slightly more sensitive to this kinda stuff than most; i live in a christian household but i stopped believing when i was like 8. so you can imagine i deal with enough "getting religion shoved in my face even though i'm not interested" in real life

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom