Have you ever had a near death experience?

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
thank you for being better at wording things than me yet again leaf <3

i will mention though that i am slightly more sensitive to this kinda stuff than most; i live in a christian household but i stopped believing when i was like 8. so you can imagine i deal with enough "getting religion shoved in my face even though i'm not interested" in real life
and you're far from alone on that! it's even more reason to just... not preach at people uninvited, imo. you just can never know what somebody's history with religion is. the best case scenario is annoying or creeping somebody out, and further towards worst case scenarios, you're talking to somebody with outright religious trauma. (not trying to say your situation was traumatic if you wouldn't define it that way, just pointing out that like... that's a thing. a pretty significant thing.)

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I am truly sorry because I was just defending my faith in the name of Jesus

once again I am truly sorry

Grekly

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Time to get this thread back on track. I think I had a lot of near death experiences back when I was younger since I was not only a kid but also one who at the time had undiagnosed ADHD. The fact that the worst thing to happen to me is that I sprained my ankle is surprising to say the least.

Anyway the story doesn’t involve a sprained ankle but involves me almost getting hit by a bus. It was at the end of the school day and usually what is supposed to happen is that my older brother is supposed to stop by my school and pick me up but he was a couple minutes late. Now because I had the patience of a dog who has urinate. I decided with all two of my 11 year old brain cells that crossing an open street with cars speeding down instead of the safe crosswalk was a good idea needlessly to say a bus that was going down break just SECONDS before I got hit.

there is more to this story in how I got publicly embarrassed at the huge scene I caused and how it made me absolutely depressed about the situation. But nowadays Im over it and I just joke about it now. If there is one thing that whole thing changed about me was the fact that nowadays I refuse to cross any street that doesn’t have a crosswalk I would unironically take a longer route if it have a crosswalk.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
A couple years ago I went to a 2-day camp with my church that was at some guy's house out in the country. It was a decently sized property and they had a weird lake/retention pond in the back of it. They had drained this pond to put in a small pier and it left what looked like a dry lake bottom. Well me and my friends were tossing a football and it ended up in the lake. Without really thinking it through I started making my way over to save the ball. Near the edge of the pond the ground was just dirt but slowly as I got closer to the ball I realized it was getting harder to walk. I stopped moving and looked down and realized the dirt had become mud and I was sinking. I tried to pick my feet up more but I couldn't. I called out to my friend for help and they ran and grabbed the owner of the property. At that point I was up to my knees in mud and really couldn't move. He put on galoshes and grabbed a rope and through the combination of him, my friend, and another adult pulled me free from the quicksand. I was covered in mud and they had to hose me down with a garden hose, but I am really thankful that was the only thing that happened as I might have suffocated if I had been alone and stuck.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Time to get this thread back on track. I think I had a lot of near death experiences back when I was younger since I was not only a kid but also one who at the time had undiagnosed ADHD. The fact that the worst thing to happen to me is that I sprained my ankle is surprising to say the least.

Anyway the story doesn’t involve a sprained ankle but involves me almost getting hit by a bus. It was at the end of the school day and usually what is supposed to happen is that my older brother is supposed to stop by my school and pick me up but he was a couple minutes late. Now because I had the patience of a dog who has urinate. I decided with all two of my 11 year old brain cells that crossing an open street with cars speeding down instead of the safe crosswalk was a good idea needlessly to say a bus that was going down break just SECONDS before I got hit.

there is more to this story in how I got publicly embarrassed at the huge scene I caused and how it made me absolutely depressed about the situation. But nowadays Im over it and I just joke about it now. If there is one thing that whole thing changed about me was the fact that nowadays I refuse to cross any street that doesn’t have a crosswalk I would unironically take a longer route if it have a crosswalk.
That sounds like me besides the whole accident, I always refuse to walk anywhere on an open street that doesn't have a crosswalk, I don't want to die from a car hitting me, and also if I survive it my parents will be able to sue the person who hit me (the chance hasn't come yet I am just speaking in future tense)

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
A couple years ago I went to a 2-day camp with my church that was at some guy's house out in the country. It was a decently sized property and they had a weird lake/retention pond in the back of it. They had drained this pond to put in a small pier and it left what looked like a dry lake bottom. Well me and my friends were tossing a football and it ended up in the lake. Without really thinking it through I started making my way over to save the ball. Near the edge of the pond the ground was just dirt but slowly as I got closer to the ball I realized it was getting harder to walk. I stopped moving and looked down and realized the dirt had become mud and I was sinking. I tried to pick my feet up more but I couldn't. I called out to my friend for help and they ran and grabbed the owner of the property. At that point I was up to my knees in mud and really couldn't move. He put on galoshes and grabbed a rope and through the combination of him, my friend, and another adult pulled me free from the quicksand. I was covered in mud and they had to hose me down with a garden hose, but I am really thankful that was the only thing that happened as I might have suffocated if I had been alone and stuck.
y’know, maybe cartoons actually weren’t exaggerating how much of a concern quicksand is 😦

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
and another adult pulled me free from the quicksand
not trying to be a know-it-all, but if this ever happens to you again just know you shouldn't panic because quicksand isn't that deadly you will go to a certain depth and you will stay at that certain depth until someone helps you out

(I got that from memory from Mark Rober)

Cephalobro

There was one in which I was so sick that anything I ate or drank I would just vomit out. I had to go to the hospital to get the nutrients right into my bloodstream via an IV bag, it was from that in which I thankfully recovered.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
not trying to be a know-it-all, but if this ever happens to you again just know you shouldn't panic because quicksand isn't that deadly you will go to a certain depth and you will stay at that certain depth until someone helps you out

(I got that from memory from Mark Rober)
Tell that to my panicking butt

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
There was one in which I was so sick that anything I ate or drank I would just vomit out. I had to go to the hospital to get the nutrients right into my bloodstream via an IV bag, it was from that in which I thankfully recovered.
Oof that's the kind of experience that isn't even fun to brag about it just sucks

Cephalobro

Oof that's the kind of experience that isn't even fun to brag about it just sucks
That's a friendly reminder that you should make sure that with any red meat you grill, it has to be grilled enough to get rid of any and all microbes on it.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
sounds like me when I was four or five years old and when I had a terrible stomach virus that I non-stoped vomited and that I needed to go to the hospital for the day due to it (and it was when I was at a Disney world resort)

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
so, you basically had food poisining

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i've had a few near-death experiences i'd say, gonna keep em brief but just going off of memory:
  • almost drowned in a family member's pool when i was like, maybe 5 or so???
  • choked on my own puke as a baby (had a very bad case of acid reflux </3)
  • had fevers so severe i genuinely began hallucinating (this happend more than once, at LEAST twice)

mizuta_ahato

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
ironically, i've nearly drowned too... not once, but twice, when i was a child. right in front of some lifeguards... i wonder how on earth they didn't notice? i've never enjoyed swimming ever again. (i do love the beach though)

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
nearly got my right eye taken out by hitting a baseball right into my face, I now wear a softball helmet to protect my face from that again and that was when my anxiety took over baseball for me. (I never feel like I will never get hurt in a game, I usually get cuts from cleats on my legs due to them sliding into bases while I stand there waiting for the ball)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom