How is everyone maintaining their sanity???

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Waiting for Saturday...then the full release???

I am doing a poor job at keeping calm XD I am currently in the square trying anything I can to "break" into the game somehow (even though I know it will not work) haha. I have an agonizing shift to get through tomorrow, then I have no idea what I am gonna do with myself Friday o.o

What is everyone doing to make the final stretch of the wait less agonizing?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
*shrug* I got chores to do and 600 games on my steam account, I've got ways to kill time ;)

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I feel like I have lots of games to kill time too. ALWAYS have OW...and hero mode in BotW...and MK8D myself, but I am finding myself having zero desire to play anything but this right now =( I am at least trying to practice motion controls running around the square.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm just playing Breath of the Wild, and drawing squids on most days. A bit of both. Breath of the Wild helps me wind down and I think in return, helps me have patience.

CM86

Pro Squid
Well I have been impatient too so I bought Pokemon yellow from virtual console to prep for my Pokemon gold team when that gets released in September (for various tm's that aren't in GSC). I beat it and realized only 2 days passed :(

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Also, being honest here, I've been spending TONS of time discussing the sequel with friends. If we're rambling this much when the game isn't out, we will never shut up once it's in our hands :p
I used to do such things when I had lots of IRL gamer friends. Nowadays, everyone has kids (yuck) and are "too busy" for gaming. Blasphemous! That is why I lurk the forums now XD Closest group I have to gamer friends =X

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
I'm trying everything I can to get my IRL friends into this game, some have shown interested (interestingly the ones who are married and have kids) but it's out of stock. :(

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I'm trying everything I can to get my IRL friends into this game, some have shown interested (interestingly the ones who are married and have kids) but it's out of stock. :(
out of stock??? I never have problems picking up a game from wal mart at midnight XD IF I happen to not be able to just pick this up at midnight, I will go digital to ensure I have it at launch =X

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm getting pretty anxious about it. I am constantly waiting with bated breath for new games, the weeks leading up to the Switch and Zelda BotW I was so excited and anxious to play. However, with Splatoon 2, I feel all that, and the slight anxiety of going into a game where I will be performing against other people.

Will I be able to chill out and learn the game at a normal pace? Will I have to adapt to the new game quickly if I have to battle a ton of fellow veteran players? Do I play all the single player before diving into the Multiplayer? How quickly do I try to rise in ranked battles? My excitement is extremely strong, but I can't help but feel my anxiousness grow too. I just want it out so I can just go in and stop worrying. :p

Dog King

Full Squid
For me, it's hard enough just waiting on the splat fest! I've been improving my Splatoon knowledge in preparation: looking at brands, gear abilities, weapons, anything to keep me occupied. I'm on this forum multiple times a day, just gauging how everyone else is feeling and learning as much as I can. I want to really improve my Splatoon game, so I just want to play and finally test myself, especially since I didn't have a Switch when the testfire was out!

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
For me, it's hard enough just waiting on the splat fest! I've been improving my Splatoon knowledge in preparation: looking at brands, gear abilities, weapons, anything to keep me occupied. I'm on this forum multiple times a day, just gauging how everyone else is feeling and learning as much as I can. I want to really improve my Splatoon game, so I just want to play and finally test myself, especially since I didn't have a Switch when the testfire was out!
Right?! I have just ONE shift left today before I can just happily sit at home and wait for the splat fest!!! I am on the forums and I keep digging for any new video involving game play (I have terrible short term memory, so anything I see outside of major spoilers will be quickly forgotten and won't ruin the game for me XD)

Unfortunately...I have 3 back to back shifts in the days leading to the games launch that I know are going to DRAGGGGG (I did take off for launch weekend though =D)

Sir Ngyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Simple234
Whenever I get really desperate, I just delete my save data to replay the tutorial, but why wouldn't I? You can kick around the traffic cones!

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Whenever I get really desperate, I just delete my save data to replay the tutorial, but why wouldn't I? You can kick around the traffic cones!
I do think we should have at least been able to continue to screw around in the tutorial area...I am kind of hoping that new construction stuff patched into the square gives us SOMETHING to do in the days leading to the full launch, but I am probably giving my hopes up there.

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
out of stock??? I never have problems picking up a game from wal mart at midnight XD IF I happen to not be able to just pick this up at midnight, I will go digital to ensure I have it at launch =X
Then you should pick one and ship it to me!
p.s I live in Japan

Also I'm talking about a Nintendo switch system and not the Splatoon cartridge

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Then you should pick one and ship it to me!
p.s I live in Japan

Also I'm talking about a Nintendo switch system and not the Splatoon cartridge
Ohhhh the Switch...well that IS a different story. I had mine reserved from its announcement, but I have RARELY seen it on a store shelf since.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If you don't value your time over the next week, find something you enjoy that's a grind-y time sink. In my case, Disgaea 5 :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom