How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
C-. Haven't played much of it. It just doesn't seem as competitive or fun as Turf War. The A+ videos I see looks exactly how C- players play. It seems like rank doesn't matter at all. I only play Splat Zone if I get tired of playing Turf War.
I don't see how turf war is more competitive but bleh. There's a pretty big difference the higher in rankings you start to go but the game is new so it's harder to see it currently.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
There's a lot of hidden awareness going on at the higher levels. If you think C- looks the same as A+, you aren't seeing it.
There may be a difference, but can't be much. I see C- players do almost the same thing as A+.

There is HUGE difference from C- lobbies and A+. I think I was C+ at the time where I was in a lobby filled with C-'s and I was the only person who got kills out of the 8 people in the entire game.
I'm C-, I get the most kills in the entire room many times, even if there's higher ranks, doesn't matter what rank you are, just matters how skilled you are.

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
There may be a difference, but can't be much. I see C- players do almost the same thing as A+.

I'm C-, I get the most kills in the entire room many times, even if there's higher ranks, doesn't matter what rank you are, just matters how skilled you are.
Rank still matters tbh. C- is just cesspool of players that have no idea what they're doing or people that don't like the game mode that much. Also, just because YOU look at the gameplay and think, "there's no difference" doesn't mean there's no difference it just means you can't see it.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Rank still matters tbh. C- is just cesspool of players that have no idea what they're doing or people that don't like the game mode that much. Also, just because YOU look at the gameplay and think, "there's no difference" doesn't mean there's no difference it just means you can't see it.
Well, I can say the same thing as you did. Just because you see only those players as C-, it just means you can't see it. I SEE players that don't have high rank doing good, maybe even better than the A+ ones. Back when there wasn't the ranked mode and level 20 was the way some people thought they were pro, and lower levels were horrible players, people wanted to think that being level 19 and lower means they don't know how to play the game. Being level 20 just means you played the game longer than others. It doesn't make you unstoppable.
Being Rank A+ is almost the same. People like using the "I'm a higher rank/level than you" as a way to make other players feel their worse than them. I seen C--B+ players beat A+ players.

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
I am going back and forth between B- and C+. I got some weird match ups (most likely my EU times are at fault) where I was going against a B- team with all C- minus players in my team. The team switch up the next rounds also didn't really help and I didn't want to leave and look for another group as searching for other players always takes quite some time when I play.

There have been matches where I really played bad (because I was trying to test different weapons out, got to learn them somehow), and other matches where I am stuck with players going around just randomly painting the turf.

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
Well, I can say the same thing as you did. Just because you see only those players as C-, it just means you can't see it. I SEE players that don't have high rank doing good, maybe even better than the A+ ones. Back when there wasn't the ranked mode and level 20 was the way some people thought they were pro, and lower levels were horrible players, people wanted to think that being level 19 and lower means they don't know how to play the game. Being level 20 just means you played the game longer than others. It doesn't make you unstoppable.
Being Rank A+ is almost the same. People like using the "I'm a higher rank/level than you" as a way to make other players feel their worse than them. I seen C--B+ players beat A+ players.
I'm not sure how you can see a C- player do better than an A+ player when they don't get paired together in ranked but ok. Being A+ doesn't mean you'll do well every game, it just means that right now, the way you play in splat zones is better than the average player and that's ok but obviously not every higher ranked player is good, they might just have gotten pretty lucky and they'll eventually go to where they belong.

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon
An Update: I was A- yesterday....... and now I'm B. I've had horrible luck with players today. Loss after loss. Was it because I was bad? Sometimes. Was it because the other team was good? Again, Sometimes. Was it because my teammates were plebs so many different freakin times? OH MOST DEFINITELY! I'm not touching random ranked battles anymore. I can only hope that when the august update comes with teams, I'll be able to raise my rank that way. Until then, I'm a solid b player.

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
I hit A+ a few days ago and I've been staying around max score since. Remember that the goal is to keep the other guys out of your hair. Killing is just one way to do that.

Also, range is incredibly important. You have to be able to paint over the other team's ink while not putting yourself in danger of getting ambushed.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
I've been sitting between B+ and A- all day, won like 8 matches in a row than lost like 6 in a row, so annoying.

wingedarcher7

Inkling
NNID
speedstar623
Started playing ranked actively today and I was able to climb from C- to C, I'm planning on going back and playing some more later when I get the chance. I'm not level 20 yet, so the amount of experience you get from this is insane!

Power

Inkling Commander
I'm a B, I honestly can't wait to get into the A/A+ lobbies. Love better competition

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Made it to A after hitting A- this morning. Really don't want to keep going to A+. Tired of hoping to land on a decent team

Kelkador

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pushinator
B+ as of writing this. I've ONLY used the Gold Dynamo Roller and I am going to continue to do so until I feel I've hit a plateau with it.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
i ranked to -A but at this. but deranked to 2 rank. am right now on B+

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
I can't seem to get out of C-. Got really close today, but then my team lost 5 matches in a row, so there was that. For some reason I always end up on teams that have really poor coordination. I find myself having to sneak up on the enemy team to take them out from their camping spots on high ground because otherwise my team just gets slaughtered. Also it seems whenever there's two zones, my team claims one, and then all of them run off to the other zone and leave the first one unguarded. Well, at least I've gotten a lot better on defending against the other team. Still quite a bit disappointing when your rank just keeps dropping because your team doesn't pull through. One day, hopefully, maybe I'll get up there.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Honestly guys if there's 3 or more weak members consistently underperforming in the group of 8 just quit and join a fresh group until it's more balanced. I share all of your frustrations and have dropped many a game due to poor coordination but by quitting and rejoining rather than bashing the continue button I've managed to find decent groups and get to B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom