How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I finally made it to B- today with a solid 7 or 8-win-streak. And I have the feeling my play actually improved a lot in the time it took me (2 days going up and down C+ and C). But the worst thing are disconnections for me. I got a few memorable ones right before our timer ended. One was especially bitter with 17 units remaining and having full control while the other team had still ~40+40 to go. I had C+/90 at that moment, too, man I was upset XD

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
Started playing ranked actively today and I was able to climb from C- to C, I'm planning on going back and playing some more later when I get the chance. I'm not level 20 yet, so the amount of experience you get from this is insane!
... If you win xD

Chraizy

Inkling
NNID
Chraizy
I was at B- 2 days ago, but got a few loses after this and went straight back to C+. Was kinda dissapointed and stopped playing.. it's not too hard to get into the upper B ranks, but I hate it when your team just doesn't react as a "team" :/

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
I was at B- 2 days ago, but got a few loses after this and went straight back to C+. Was kinda dissapointed and stopped playing.. it's not too hard to get into the upper B ranks, but I hate it when your team just doesn't react as a "team" :/
You just need to remember that as long as you do your role, you will climb ranks. Winning games isn't everything.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Highest I've gotten is 70pts into B- but currently C+ after a loosing streak.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I got into a B+ room and facerushed spawn for triple kills over and over
And that's the main reason I hate ranked modes. It encourages playing like that and camping spawns. Brings out the jerk in all of us.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
And that's the main reason I hate ranked modes. It encourages playing like that and camping spawns. Brings out the jerk in all of us.
I wasn't even camping and I don't ever do it in normal rooms because it's not effective, I just noticed I was getting away with all kinds of dumb plays so I tried to see what else I could do

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Not able to rank because lobbies are garbage. I'm ~30 games where I push team to 1-5 points till win and get 100-0'd because everyone wants to die :)

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Boy do I wish for a day when I can see A anything lol. I once got to B+ 80 and thats the clsoest I've been since.

Since that day I constantly go from B+ immediately down to B- from a losing streak. Today I made the climb once again from B- to B+ for the 5th time i believe and told myself if I found myself on another losing streak I would stop playing for the day. To keep things short I ended up immediately going on a 3 game losing streak after reaching B+ again and now sit in B+ with 0 points looking forward to test my luck tomorrow in ranked queue. Now Im just gonna relax in turf war and practice gyro controls.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I think I'm about B+ in terms of skill. Been going up and down in rank all the time and I have ranked down once. But I had no problem getting back into B+. I want to get into A+ just so I can be at the highest rank, but it doesn't look like that will happen for awhile at least.

dmauro

Inkling
NNID
dmauro
The A+ videos I see looks exactly how C- players play.
o___0

Just watched the video posted and I am extremely envious of being able to play in a lobby full of players that get it like that. OP rarely puts ink anywhere but on a player, tower or splat zone. The other players are really good at killing him despite his impeccable aim. So much going on here, I wish I could watch from all players PoV. I think maybe you should give ranked some more time.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Currently a C+ at 36... I'm not touching Ranked for a while since I always seem to go on massive losing streaks in that mode and Turf War.

Leather Belt

Inkling
NNID
CannonMinion
This isn't necessarily what the thread is about, but I'm very close to being a B+ player and I'm very excited about it. I'm really enjoying climbing the ranked ladder and becoming a better player. I almost want to get a capture card of some kind so I can try and stream. I feel like I know things and could explain them to people.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
One question just comes to my mind: Do you guys who got A+ have shooter experience? Does shooter expierence help in Splatoon? If that's a yes, I know why i'm having hard times as I come solely from the Mario Kart community.

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
One question just comes to my mind: Do you guys who got A+ have shooter experience? Does shooter expierence help in Splatoon? If that's a yes, I know why i'm having hard times as I come solely from the Mario Kart community.
I have a tone of shooter experience however it does not matter as this game has a completely new way with shooting. (Motion controls)

Leather Belt

Inkling
NNID
CannonMinion
I have a tone of shooter experience however it does not matter as this game has a completely new way with shooting. (Motion controls)
Oh but it DOES matter! Thanks to playing Halo 3 competitively for about three years, I have a good idea of how important things like map control, teamshooting, setups, etc works. Mechanically, I'm on a level playing field. But mentally I feel like I have an advantage; and that's what's allowing me to climb the ladder.

EarthBoundEnigma

Inkster Jr.
Jet Squelcher got me there. I played really boring though. I just sat from afar and just kept putting up a splash wall whenever someone noticed me, generally from a spot that could hit multiple points of interest and only moving when there was nothing left to shoot.

Some maps had me switch to the Dual Squelcher because they were too CQC, but it handles just like the other Squelchers so it wasn't a big deal.
I used the N-Zap a bit, too, because it is like the Dual Squelcher.

Dynamo Roller and Paintbrush are super easy-mode in low ranks, so I smurf on a different Wii U when I want to play ranked with them.

There may be a difference, but can't be much. I see C- players do almost the same thing as A+.
To me it feels that ranking up is inevitable if you just play a lot.

A-rank players are just often slightly more coordinated players that have played more games.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom