How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Did he? I've seen him wreck with just about any weapon i think.
Yep, the Splattershot Pro is the most popular weapon for high level ranked games.

He uses a variety of weapons in turf war, but usually the Splattershot Pro in ranked.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Yep, the Splattershot Pro is the most popular weapon for high level ranked games.

He uses a variety of weapons in turf war, but usually the Splattershot Pro in ranked.
Really? I thought it'd would be Krak on or Tentatek.

That said, the Forge can be very potent.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord

Splattershot pros are just as popular as the previously mentioned two. Blasters are pretty popular along with the long and medium range chargers, but they require a specific type of player.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92

Tentatek's are also incredibly popular, but the Krak-On Roller isn't used very often in high level player that I've seen. It seem to be more of a rank B weapon.

I think Dynamo Rollers are more popular in high level ranked, but that's just based on what I've seen in videos.

I have no idea what the most popular charger is, but my guess is the Kelp Splatterscope for the utility or the E-Liter 3K Scope for the range.

Last edited:

Sol64

Tentatek's are also incredibly popular, but the Krak-On Roller isn't used very often in high level player that I've seen. It seem to be more of a rank B weapon.

I think Dynamo Rollers are more popular in high level ranked, but that's just based on what I've seen in videos.

I have no idea what the most popular charger is, but my guess is the Kelp Splatterscope for the utility or the E-Liter 3K Scope for the range.
Nope, it's very popular just like the tentatek. I've been in A+ where people still used rollers, another popular british streamer is also A+ and he uses Krak on (myself included).

MickX

Inkster Jr.
Somehow I feel I've been seeing the Krak-On less as well lately. I usually only get swarmed by them on specific maps and specific modes, like Bluefin in Tower Control or Saltspray in Splat Zones, something like that.

HarmonyX

Inkling
NNID
Harmonyflame
Been A+99 (traveled back to A rank a few times) for a few months now. I'll probably edit this post at a later time with a picture. Though i have to admit after reaching A+ initially, i would only play splat zones a few times per play sessions. Then a bunch again once tower control came available. Lately since last splatfest i only play ranked a few times a week. But once august 7th rolls around I likely will hardly go back to turf wars.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I feel like krak-on is pretty seldom in A/A+.
Maybe it depends on the maps in rotation because I see them all the time. I prefer the carbon roller because the burst bombs give you range and verticality so you can climb up walls or the ocrobrush because of its speed and ability to take out a group easier.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」

Rip solo ranked, you won't be missed. Possibly first S+ NA? I decided to go solo Heavy Splatling through S rank for fun. I like the gun a lot so far!

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Got my Wii U three days ago and already B+, I'm hoping I'll at least get to A+

I doubt I'd ever make it to S+ though.

He was right by the way, the Splattershot Pro is perfect for climbing the ranked ladder. I thought that it was bad on some maps, but I later realized I just needed to change my strategy a little.

Last edited:

Sol64

#

Mind you I used the Gas Mask with 2/3 special duration up subs before I hit S rank.
Speaking which, YEAAAAAH. I'm so done with solo queue for now.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I manged to reach A+ briefly a couple of times yesterday, then got wrecked back into A both times.
Then today, I made it all the way to A+ 60 or 70 (not entirely sure) using the Splattershot Jr, Tentatek Splattershot, Heavy Splatling (for one match, but it went decently enough that I might continue with it), and Octobrush (also for one or two matches, making a comeback from B/B+/A-, and doing pretty decently). Not sure what I'm doing differently to make it this far into A+ rank, but I'm pretty damn happy about it.
Now, if I could just figure out what I'm doing right.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
Well, I'm only a few winning games away from A+. My strategy is to only play under two terms:

1. Splat Zones

2. Arowana Mall, Kelp Dome, Blackbelly Skatepark, or Port Mackerel have to be in the line-up

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Well, I'm only a few winning games away from A+. My strategy is to only play under two terms:

1. Splat Zones

2. Arowana Mall, Kelp Dome, Blackbelly Skatepark, or Port Mackerel have to be in the line-up
I made the mistake of trying to learn a new strategy and I ended up dropping from A- 95 to A- 20 I'm hoping I can climb back up before I ended up dropping back into the Bs.

I'll probably just wait to play ranked until they have two maps going that I know I'm good at like Urchin Underpass or Arowana Mall.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I can't seem to get out of A+/S. I'm in a vicious cycle of getting almost to S+ than crushing down nearly to A
I'm having fun though since I've been trying a lot of other weapons(I usually main Krak-On/E-Liter)
Blaster/Disruptor with Bomb Range Up build for Tower Control
Hero Charger with bombs for Tower Control
Dynamos(Gold and Regular) and Octobrush for Splatzones

I actually haven't played a normal gun since the launch of the game - doesn't seem very interesting to me.

I kinda of want to get to S+ and from then on just play in a Squad without the pressures of Ranks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom