• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How much fun did you have this SpringFest?

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
IMG_0064.png

I had a lot of fun this fest, it’s not my favorite due to the tilt-induced losing streaks listed above, but the vibes were immaculate, I won a few 10x games, and I finally got my gold Ultra Stamp badge

Edit: I just a got a profound sense of emptiness realizing that the fest is over, it was a temporary thing that came and went, the special event is over and now it’s time to go back to normalcy.

also Frye is not winning another fest ever again lmao

Last edited:

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
One of my friends came over (practically a roommate at this point) and he and I played for the last three hours of Sunday. I mostly played the Zink Mini Splatling after Splatoon 1 made me want more of the main weapon. He normally plays Carbon Deco but he wanted to play the vanilla Carbon because he was curious how much he'd actually feel the 20p change since the last time he touched it. He hated himself for it at first but ended up loving working around the weapon's limitations.

You could very obviously tell how much fun he had with the thing and I really enjoyed SpringFest if only for that. It's been a very long time since he's enjoyed this game to that degree and it was awesome to be there for.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I won three 100x battles but it stopped being fun when I found out that it was rigged in the end.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Pretty good! I got pretty burnt out on Turf War (Losing streak will do that to you), BUT I got to play with a bunch of friends this time, so that MORE than made up for it! That and I was on team Bunnies, and the ink color was SOOOO cute, every Bunnies V Bear match was SO fun with the bright colors

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
It was alright, which is how I feel about most Splatfests anyway but I did get some clips and I enjoyed the Tricolor map which is rare.
I liked how much space the attacker base had since in most Tricolor maps, it can end up being extremely hard to leave your base as an attacker when up against good players. The defender side is also really narrow with water surrounding it which can be annoying but it does mean that it doesn't take too long to get from one section to another which is especially important if you just got done fighting and now you need to get back because another attacker is taking the Ultra Signal. Machine doesn't even need to get close to the Ultra Signal to attack anyone there so it was easier for me to defend than usual.
Fizzbangs also helped a lot for both sides when I was playing, really wish they added them sooner and not over a year after Splatoon 3 came out.
I'm sure the limited space on the defender side felt really bad for a lot of people, especially since it wouldn't be that hard to fall into the water but I didn't have a problem with it.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i didn't play much but i did get a funny clip of me playing charger badly

other than that, the tricolor stage was not the worst thing in the world, i didn't feel like there was any bias to either side but i didn't play a lot so i don't exactly have a ton of experience on it. even with how little i played though, all of my tricolors were mirror matches and i even got to 208 seconds in the queue without finding any players and getting booted.

im not even upset or anything about that, i have no upset left for anything else except frye losing......again... at this point complaining about frye losing has become a stale bit. you know what though, it would be really funny if frye loses almost every splatfest but randomly wins the final one

shirpless

Inkling
Anniversary fest & Splatoween 2023 were still peak.
I thought the lobby music would get better from Frostyfest's okay one & Splatoween's banger one, but it was worse for me. Lol, had to change it into OTH's S2 songs.

The Tricolor map,
Yeah, the map felt very attacker-favored. I only saw the defending team win once, and it was a mirror match
Is it really? I saw even amounts of attackers & defenders winning. 7 of these were as a defender & I've only lost once. Same with when I was attacker.
1000055193.jpg

Fun map that felt balanced, I can actually genuinely say that I like it. Aside from the embarrassing amount of times I slide/roll into the water lmao.

Bubbles falling in the hub and stages were cool. Colors & aesthetics were myea cool. Songs were mkay. Oh it's cool that they gave a bunch of gears tho. Even if I only remotely like 1 of it lol.
Splatoween was still peak, give me my Deepers Creepers in the jukebox please, Nintendo

Last edited:

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
gonna be honest, i couldn't really enjoy it that much?? something abt it just annoyed me for some reason. probably just me forcing myself to play out of fomo lol
the tricolor map was Okay. nothing special to it really, other than how cramped it was when the defenders were actually doing their job (sometimes when i was defender i'd hope my team'd slip up and lose the ultra signal just so that i can move around more...)
also i'm partially glad my team won (woohoo bears!!!) and partially devastated for team bunny💔💔

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
I had a really fun time. First day I played with friends and it was super fun. Second day I had a community night with Mario Kart and movie, so I only got to play late at night. Teammates weren't too bad, didn't like Mahi tricolor at first but I tried some different weapons and ended up enjoying it. Third day was a lot better with tricolor and lots more good teammates. I had a really awesome Jet that vac at the right times and neither of us splatted much, we got both signals ultra fast. Even tho team bunny lost, it was definitely a really fun one. Not that many mirrors and I even saw a decent amount of chick teams. It felt like a really fair Splatfest and the results were quite close to each other, even if it was devastating to see Frye get last again but it happens. Maybe if the fest ended an hour early or later, it coulda been a bunny win. Unfortunate I guess.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
friday: doing homework
Saturday: shoe shopping and volunteering at the library for 8 hours
sunday: fishing all day (got about 1 hour 30 mins in too play tho when I got home)

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I had fun but like most splatfests it felt like I was constantly getting pitted against mind-readers who were so easily outplaying me it was disorienting. But I was playing weapons that I don't normally play so I can blame that, maybe. I actually won like 4 10xs, though I lost all my 100xs.

Also the decorations and special music made me really happy (and a little emotional thinking about how his game is nearing the end of its update cycle and there may not be many splatfests left) and the sprINKles were so cute.

nineball

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i usually try to play weapons i am not the most comfortable with during fests in an effort to try not to take them too seriously, and the weapon i played during this fest was the dynamo roller. i actually think i'm getting attached to the thing, using it feels like being a souls-like str player surrounded by dex players which, surprisingly, is kinda fun! i also had that falling metal pipe meme playing in my head which might have contributed to the fun factor too. also not exactly dynamo specific but the face my inkling makes when they are rolling the dynamo is just so cute and i may have lost an hour or two of fest time to just rolling a dry dynamo roller around the lobby.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It’s not often that you’re in a position where you pray to not get any 100x battles.
I spent the Splatfest getting 1 star on almost all of my remaining unstarred weapons. Unfortunately, I happened to get a 100x battle while finishing up with the Order Brella Replica. On Flounder Heights. I was able to win two 10x with other weapons, at least.
I’m now convinced that Frye is cursed.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
The visuals were awesome, the music was a little meh, Mahi Tricolor was awesome, and somehow I only got one 10x battle the entire time despite getting to ruler day one in Pro mode. 7/10

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
so i honestly cannot make myself care about winning splatfests - i know that my individual performance doesn’t go far in the long run, and even as a new player i was seeing how vicious people on social media got about fest results and going, yall, it’s REALLY not that deep - and i think that kind of thing turned me off from playing fests to win early on. i was like, “okay, i don’t wanna be like THAT,” so i went in the complete opposite direction. kind of thankful for that, honestly. splatfests are a 48-hour period where the only pvp mode available outside of PBs is my least favorite mode, so if i was going into splatfests feeling like the results mattered, i’d be miserable, y’know?

so i find my own fun. i like standing in the plaza(s) and pretending to be at a real festival. the hype of winning 100x matches and getting the float photos, especially with friends, matters to me a lot more than my team winning the fest in the end. sometimes if i touch grass during a splatfest weekend i’ll go out dressed in my team’s color. and if i end up on the same team as friends, playing with them becomes a social thing. we’re celebrating together!

this is all to say i had a great time because i got to do all those things i do to make fests fun for myself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom