How Often do you Carry the Rainmaker?

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Usually I don't pick it up much because I'm more worried about getting a numbers advantage for a push, but what do you guys (said gender neutrally) do?

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
as an aggressive frontliner i avoid that thing like the plague unless it’s right next to the checkpoint/goal and i think i can just grab it and dunk it within 3 seconds 😌

or if i accidentally grab it. like i did at one point yesterday while my team was practicing in open. oops

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Depends on the weapon I'm playing (very insightful I know)

When I play sorella brella it depends on if I'm close to inkjet or not, since if I don't have it, the main weapon isn't that good at taking space, so I might as well pick up the rain, but if I have it, it's REALLY good in that mode. Also depends on my comp, if there's like a nova on my team (... with all due respect), I'm expecting them to grab it.

With tent I try not to pick it up since my main weapon is literally ✨free rainmaker cheese✨, especially with vac, all aboard the vtent train, choo cho-
Though if my team is like a 52 gal, dualie and wiper sometimes I'll pick it up, but rarely

And obviously if we're close to a checkpoint or to lead and I'm the only teammate around I'll grab it sure

Grekly

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Like everyone else it depends on the situation. I say the 90% of the time I don’t pick it up since I’m usually playing frontline weapons but there are some instances where I pick it up for example if I have tacticooler and my team is far back I try to pick it up and rush it in for a few extra points.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I am also in the camp of Aggressive Frontliner Who Avoids it Like The Plague. I am a much better rainmaker-carrier-protector than I am a rainmaker-carrier. Occasionally I'll get into weird soloq matches where everyone is avoiding picking it up and so I do just because I feel like I have to. And then I die shortly after because I don't have enough practice with it and have barely any idea what to do with it other than maybe "shoot places where fights are happening and stay behind everyone until the path to the goal is clear" I think??

Otherwise I will generally grab it only if it's clear that I'm in the best possible position to quickly get it into the goal/checkpoint. And I am pretty sure there are other specific edge case situations in which I should grab it, but I am still trying to figure out what all those are. This game is complicated, hah.

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
i play backlines like 80% of the time so im often the designated rainmaker carrier. its fun! i play it pretty stally and like to fully clear out areas before i move thru them. tho when my judgment is correct and i can just gun it thru the enemy plat its so funny. i basically comain the rainmaker lmaoo

the only time i want someone else to grab it is when im playing vscope or bpn and i wanna do vac cheese. its much easier to do with friends, ppl in soloq rarely take the hint :-(

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
As a backliner, carrying should be my job.

Which means I'm screaming every time solo queue puts me on triple backline and the Jr. rushes to grab it the frame we pop the shield.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I should probably be the one to carry the Rainmaker, but my teammates almost always pick it up first. Let’s just say I have a good track record for getting the Rainmaker to the checkpoint/goal.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
As little as humanly possible. If I'm holding the Rainmaker that is your sign that either 1. This match is going VERY poorly 2. I have accidentally picked it up when trying to swim past or 3. I'm trying to make a breakaway run for it, that I will inevitable die in and lose us points. Rainmaker is my favorite mode but also please don't make me touch the Rainmaker.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I pick it up if I see that my teammates are already ahead, if we don't have a backline and I'm the slowest weapon out of the comp, or if I feel more confident in getting the lead as the Rainmaker carrier instead of pushing in with my main weapon.
I actually feel pretty confident in my skills carrying it too which probably plays a part into why I prefer RM over the other Anarchy Modes.

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I have played enough splatoon that I just get a gut feeling when it should be me to pick it up
I cannot explain it but I just know

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Stamper player, I pick it up occasionally. Like probably an eighth of the time or something. I'll say the obvious that it depends on team comp and special output and just everything else about the current situation. Funny enough there's a guy I play with who normally willingly puts himself on Tacticooler weapons but is a Dualie Squelcher player at heart so he's just naturally pretty good at skirmishing. Dude is very consistently able to squeeze himself into spots he really shouldn't be able to when he runs the Rainmaker to the point where it's become like a recurring point of discussion.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Only when its needed, like when no one‘s grabbing it or I can see a clear path to the checkpoint. i mean taking the rainmaker is basically sacrificing yourself unless you can get to a checkpoint

LinnGreene

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaLegendofLink
Switch Friend Code
SW-3632-0631-3237
only like 20% of the time team-wise, definitely a lot more on soloq

Flango

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
As a heavy edit main, whenever I’ve got cooler up. If I don’t have it, I’ll only take it when we have a massive advantage and it’ll be an uncontested stroll to the checkpoint.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i am ALLERGIC to the rainmaker if i pick it up i will cough up blood and DIE

jokes aside i much prefer to protect the rainmaker carrier as much as possible rather than carry it myself, typically depends on the match tho

Dustrix

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
Im a carbon deco, so like, NEVER. i only pick it up if there's a lot of front/midlines on my team

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom