• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Hi there! Seeing as we have threads for venting about stuff out of our control and for bragging about our awesome moments, I figured we could use one to vent about our own personal moments of stupidity. Got any embarrassing moments to share?

I had this one Rainmaker match in Flounder Heights where I was alone in our spawn, and right at the moment I decided to superjump to one of my teammates, one of the bad guys went ahead, took the Rainmaker, and made a run from their side of the map to our base. To make matters worse, I superjumped to them thinking they were on top of the condos, but it turned out they were behind them, on the enemy's side.

Things... didn't go well. Jaysus, that was shameful...

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I once had a Rainmaker match I believe during the first day of Flounder Heights' release or soon after. I super jumped to a Squid Beakon on one of the apartment buildings then for some reason I got horribly mixed up and ended up heading back towards my base, noticed how uneventful it was then I realized I ran to the wrong side. Still won the match though.

Last edited:

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I had a weird moment in black belly skatepark in rainmaker
I was about to place it on the platform and I got killed and I was like "damn so close" but the match ended which made me think there was still time in the clock but then I realized we won the match via knockout but the rainmaker wasn't on the platform

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
Jumping off that first ramp into that trail of ink on the wall in Moray Towers, and missing...

you know the one :/
I do that quite frequently. Knowing that the other team could splat me any second, I panic and sometimes don't press the jump button properly and just fall to my death...

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Jumping off that first ramp into that trail of ink on the wall in Moray Towers, and missing...

you know the one :/
Its worse when the rainmaker pushes you off by the shield or the charge attack

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Every single time I decide to throw suction bombs during a bomb rush, rather than using my gun for an immediate threat. An enemy could literally be right in front of me, and I'll just keep tossing bombs. Once I start throwing those bombs, they are the only things I want to use. This is mainly a problem in Splatzones, where I may be so focused on trying to claim the zone, or hold the other team back that I just can't concentrate on anything else.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
When we play Turf Wars on Moray Towers, I like to go up the side while the sniper is distracted by my team mate. Most of the time, I'm smart enough to remember to actually get up on the leg before swinging my roller.... Not always though. :v There have been many times when I've swung my roller before getting up there. I do manage to take them out..... Whilst also falling to me death. :oops:

Not my brightest moments, I'd say. xP

NNID
namine753
Oh boy. One the topic of rainmaker, just 5 minutes ago, on camp triggerfish, were were holding the lines 46 to 50, and it was so clutch. They got to 47 and I almost started to cry and panic. Then they lost the rainmaker and I felt so happy. They dragged the match into overtime and I said, if I just grab the rainmaker, we'll be good. Cue an enemy killer wail, and they shield was broken. "Oh my god oh my god where is the rainmaker"

The dude was right above me on the steel walkway and I frantically start firing with my Splattershot Jr. He reaches 45 and the match immediately ends. I screamed and just had to put the game down. Guess this is what I get, staying up when all the Japanese hardcore players are on. Still, so clutch, it was insane. They must have been throwing a party at that second. Rainmaker has the most rage from all of us, and I have one more tale of rainmaker hell I could tell you, but I simply need sleep. I'll post it another day.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Every single time I decide to throw suction bombs during a bomb rush, rather than using my gun for an immediate threat. An enemy could literally be right in front of me, and I'll just keep tossing bombs. Once I start throwing those bombs, they are the only things I want to use.
If it makes you feel better I'm the saaaame way whenever I play with Splash-O-Matic.

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
I just played a Camp Triggerfish rainmaker match, I had the rainmaker and was walking on the netting and the platform was in sight. I mean I was RIGHT there where the netting changes to solid ground. I saw an opposing team member ready to intercept me and I instinctively turn squid to swim past them and fell through the netting, rainmaker and all, into the water.

Toaster

Senior Squid
So I was playing tower control on bluefin depot I was on the tower and I see someone on the other team waiting for the tower to come over. So I jump off the tower to hit him with my roller only to realize I mistimed my jump and I fell to my death. I'm pretty sure the person I tried to splat saw the whole thing...

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
So I was playing tower control on bluefin depot I was on the tower and I see someone on the other team waiting for the tower to come over. So I jump off the tower to hit him with my roller only to realize I mistimed my jump and I fell to my death. I'm pretty sure the person I tried to splat saw the whole thing...
Speaking of bluefin tower control, yesterday I was riding the tower and an opposing team member jumped on the tower, turned kraken and splatted me in the middle section of bluefin depot. I then watched them fall off the tower into the water below.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
So I’ve been switching weapons quite a bit recently. I’m playing and my special is charged up and I activated it. I’m tapping on the WII U screen to Inkstrike an area on the map. The problem is I have an Inkzooka
I did the same thing XD

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
I occasional get to a vertical wall where either the top or bottom hasn’t been inked. I’m desperately trying to get to the top or get on the wall. I imagine the opposing team watching this comedy for a few moments before putting me out of my misery. Also happens sometimes getting on the tower.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Every time when I drop into water; step too far, swim too fast or jumping-to-a-teammate-switch-to-squid-and-slip-through-the-grit. Grrrrr...

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I jumped into a seeker during Autobots/Decepticons.

I got too sure of myself and held on to my Inkstrike to see if I can launch it at the end of the match when there were competent Team Plane players. Big mistake.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
I don't know what's coming over me in such moments, but sometimes my brains seems to shut down completely and then I turn squid... over a grate... that's over water... yeah. Mostly on Bluefin Depot, for some reason. And then I want to punch my own face in... I don't even know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom