• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

Reddy

Inkling
NNID
WaitWhat
"I can't believe I just cost everyone the game..."
This was back when Splatzones were the only mode available in Ranked. I was playing in Port Mackerel, and my team managed to not only secure both Splatzones early in the match, but they had near flawless defense, holding off the enemy team from even claiming 1 point. Then, the enemy team managed to break through and splat most of my team mates. Instead of trying to find an advantageous position, I rushed into the enemy's Splatzone and was spotted by an opposing player. In a fraction of a second, he splatted me, and then neutralized and captured his Splatzone, leaving the timer 1 - 100. With great speed, the enemy advanced and captured our Splatzone, and held us off for the next 100 seconds, ripping victory from the hands of defeat.
To this day, it remains one of my biggest blunders in Splatoon.

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
Well one time, I was playing on hammerhead bridge and I was using my kelp splat charger and it turns out my teammates were using 2 chargers and a hydra splattling. (Tower control btw) And the other team had 2 shooters, a blaster, and a roller. So somehow, in someway we actually got a knockout... After the game I turned off my wii u and started laughing hysterically because of how we should have lost so easily.

Xanis

Inkling
NNID
miiman57
I remember i was playing tower control on Camp Triggerfish, we had splatted the entire team and were about to win. I was the only one on the tower. I had started to celebrate. 3, 2, 1- SPLAT. I got sniped from their spawn and we lost by knockout.

Rank lost

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Someone had gotten tagged-I thought from Point Sensors, but now I realize it was probably from Haunt.
I could see them coming around the corner, and I raised my roller high- and tried to hit the incoming Kraken really hard, but it didn't help.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I did something really stupid today, and I don't even remember what it was XD I do remember accidentally falling into the water in Triggerfish with an Echolocator ready.

Aaaannd now I remember. I just got the Echolocator, so I sent it out. THe only thing was, my team already splatted everyone, so it did nothing XD I was so embarrassed.

Nebbyla

Inkling
One time we were on Port Mackerel, and it was Rainmaker. It was my first time playing that mode, we were doing pretty good until, well, I got my hands on it. I somehow carried the Rainmaker all the way back to our bit.
Goodnight sweet prince.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
10 seconds left on the clock. Rainmaker on Camp Triggerfish. I'm the only member of my team left, with two of theirs just leaving the spawn. We only needed 7 points to win. The Rainmaker was right along the edge of the walkway underneath the bridge on their side, and I had just burst its shield. So I wasted no time in getting the Rainmaker...and then somehow falling into the drink.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
The RM popped and I was ready to try to swim past and splat people with the element of surprise-Trouble was, I picked up the RM on my way.
"It doesn't matter! This thing is heavy, I can still squish you with it if I-" *splat*

And then, a reversal-I sent out my Seeker Rush to pop the shield and clear a path. "Okay, I'm getting really close to their spawn, but our counter is barely moving, so I'll probably have to climb up that narrow wall. Let's get a charge ready-" *flick* *shrieks of horror as I see someone else holding the RM a distance away*

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
When you're using an E Litre scope, and you're on the edge of a platform, and you say "I just need a bit more range..." then step up...and fall off the cliff.

While your team mate was watching you.

;~;7

Peywey

Inkling
NNID
Peywey1
I've been splatted quite a few times due to my thumb accidentally nudging the Y button and switching the camera's view away from my opponent(s), thus leaving me absolutely blind for a split second or so, which of course is all anyone needs.. ._________.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I keep running into specials. Especially in Museum d'Alfonsino for some reason. I swim backwards but I'm trying to keep the camera pointing toward the enemies, then oops I run into a Killer Wail or Inkstrike.

I've also caught myself running in front of our team's charger a few times, sometimes wrecking his shots. Gotta be mindful of teammates.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
So, um. I decided to fiddle around with Splathax a bit. And I clicked the wrong thing by mistake, so now I have 3,000,000 extra, illegitimate coins. More than I'll ever need, especially with that program. Karma for cheating the system, I guess?
Oops

Well
You're a rich kid now
You're a rich squid now

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Rainmaker at Ancho-V Games. I'm chilling out by playing charger with a Bento Splatterscope while I have a teammate with a Heavy Splattling Remix. Start of the match we both veer right towards the first platform overlooking the pit. We both ink the wall, probably thinking the other was going to go up it, then change directions to go left instead. We both ink the workdesk on the left, but not all the way, but both of us struggle to swim up the desk for a few seconds and fail. So be both hop down, ink the rest of desk's wall, swim up, stop, look at each other, then "Booyah!"

I really hope the other two, a carbon and n-zap, never saw any of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom