"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

NNID
namine753
Speaking of bluefin tower control, yesterday I was riding the tower and an opposing team member jumped on the tower, turned kraken and splatted me in the middle section of bluefin depot. I then watched them fall off the tower into the water below.
speaking of goofy kraken mishaps, I was playing splatzones on arowana mall and some enemy went into kraken mode, but I had a splattershot jr so I just pushed them off into the water. This happened twice. I think that was the reason we won that match, because I went full sumo on two kraken and knocked them off.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Now that seekers are everywhere because of the Carbon Deco, I find myself swimming into them quite often. Not even like they "snuck up" on me...I'll actually swim straight into one and die. Usually I think it is another squid or I'm already too committed and can't correct in time. Still very wtf-ish.

Gab

Inkling
NNID
Yeonji
There was a tower control match on Camp Triggerfish where my team was behind the entire time. In the last few seconds, I got on the the tower and the game went into overtime. The enemies wiped out the rest of my team and then the three enemies that were left came for me. I somehow managed to kill all three of them from the tower, and I was about to have an awesome comeback story. Then, when I was one point from passing the enemy's score, I just... fell off the tower, into the water. There weren't even any enemies attacking me. I just reflexively went into squid mode to hide and fell through the grate. The End.

Kebab

Full Squid
I can't believe I just got disconnected for the 10th time and down to S 25 from S+ 29 :)

Plus I did bad too but still though

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I can't believe I just got splatted by the enemy squid's ghost 5 seconds after I splatted them. Thank you, lag.
This so much. If you don't so much as move out of the way immediately after you take the other player down, You will be at the mercy of the invisible squid's barrage of fire. I could be in a dead heat 1v1 and win by a hair, but it won't matter if lag decides your fate.

Also, how about that lag that doesn't allow you to paint ink leaving you at the mercy of an enemy player...

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Last night when we were having a match on Bluefin Depot, I tried to get up the ramp and ran straight into a charger. My gut instinct was to turn into a squid to run away in the ink.... Completely forgetting there was no ink and I was on a grate and fell straight into the water. Ugh. I'm always finding new reasons to hate Bluefin even if it's my own stupidity. xP

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Whenever i'm using charger and i miss a target more than 3 times in a row and get splatted, that stuff always makes me sad inside. I'm also really annoyed if i keep getting stuck in terrain, especially if i'm being chased by kraken.

But today i had one of the dumbest moments ever, in Rainmaker at Kelp Dome no less. Something short of a minute in and i realised the enemy Rainmaker was walking over the walkway unopposed and straight in our base. That was bad enough, i quickly had to SJ back to spawn and snipe it. Me and two teammates gathered and popped it's shield, i figured that my Special is charged so i'll let someone else pick it up and i'll carve a path for them using my Splat Rush. Not even 10 seconds later and the enemy picked it up again and continued walking towards our pedestal!
Thankfully one of my teammates was right on time to stop them, but we still lost since they had like 2 points. Quallity S-rank gameplay!

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Friendly reminder that this thread is meant to be for venting about our own moments of incredible stupidity while playing.

One time during a Turf War match in Bluefin Depot I was heading for one of the central walls on enemy's side, when suddenly I noticed a surprise enemy Inkzooka on top of the wall, and an unaware friend beneath it. Seeing a chance to be a hero, I activated my Bubbler and shared it with 'em. The Inkzooka then fired at us, hitting my friend but leaving them unharmed... at least before the increased knockback pushed 'em right into the water.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
On a certain map called Bannerfall in Destiny, before TTK's launch. I was playing Rift(Rainmaker basically) I was playing Warlock with Blink substituting for my glide. And I blinked off the map with the spark on hand... I have never bashed my head on the wall so hard before.

In Tower Control on Bluefin Depot. My entire team was on the tower, that little point where it raise the tower? I decided to bubble... against 2 burst bombers. My whole team got thrown into the water, and the enemy team pushed it to dangerous levels(near our point). When we finally respawned, my team turned around and shot me repeatedly, I could feel them judging me. Needless to be said, we lost and I left after the match ended and turned off my Wii U. Then I cried, so sad. Such a sad, sad day.

Syd_Vicious3375

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ShelbyLynn08
On a certain map called Bannerfall in Destiny, before TTK's launch. I was playing Rift(Rainmaker basically) I was playing Warlock with Blink substituting for my glide. And I blinked off the map with the spark on hand... I have never bashed my head on the wall so hard before.

In Tower Control on Bluefin Depot. My entire team was on the tower, that little point where it raise the tower? I decided to bubble... against 2 burst bombers. My whole team got thrown into the water, and the enemy team pushed it to dangerous levels(near our point). When we finally respawned, my team turned around and shot me repeatedly, I could feel them judging me. Needless to be said, we lost and I left after the match ended and turned off my Wii U. Then I cried, so sad. Such a sad, sad day.
In your defense you were trying to help!! The first time I ever played rainmaker on Bluefin Depot I accidentally went into squid mode on the ramp grate going up to the podium and I had the rainmaker. I was right there!! :scared:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
A few inkzooka related things. Missing someone several times where they can get away or splat me. It happens too much. Using an Inkzooka on an enemy with their back to me, missing them twice, and getting splatted by the same enemy, this only happened once, but it made me furious at my own poor performance.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
In your defense you were trying to help!! The first time I ever played rainmaker on Bluefin Depot I accidentally went into squid mode on the ramp grate going up to the podium and I had the rainmaker. I was right there!! :scared:
Aw man... That had to suck big time.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Syd_Vicious3375
It does, but this is slightly off topic and we're just offering free bumps at this point.

On Moray Towers Rainmaker. This wasn't my own fail but... I had the Rainmaker, but I got splatted. One of my teammates took the Rainmaker and was shooting near the edge. I think you know where this is going, she got burst bombed which slightly pushed her near the edge. Then she fired, launching herself off the towers. I saw it on my map when I tried to SJ to her. When I saw the Rainmaker reset and go back to middle. I died inside, because we were facing S+ Laggy Japanese players. It was hard enough to get up there, but it was harder to splat them. We won because some of them D/Ced, afterwards I judged the player so hard. :mad:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
We were playing a game of Rainmaker on Bluefin Depot.

I learned the hard way that the Rainmaker's shield can push you off the edge from knockback even if your team popped the shield.

Needless to say, I fell in the water from trying to help pop the shield.

Twas a rather embarrassing moment.

Syd_Vicious3375

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ShelbyLynn08
We were playing a game of Rainmaker on Bluefin Depot.

I learned the hard way that the Rainmaker's shield can push you off the edge from knockback even if your team popped the shield.

Needless to say, I fell in the water from trying to help pop the shield.

Twas a rather embarrassing moment.
I've had something similar happen.. Or I've gotten wedged between a wall and the shield. Bluefin depot has many spots to get bumped or blocked into. Kelp dome can be tricky when you initially are trying to burst the shield as it blows up nearly as big as the center tower.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
When I was playing online, I was at Bluefin on top of falling into the water over and over again, there were many firefights were I should've won, but because I was getting kinda shaky with the right stick I ended up getting splatted. I could've turned the match if I just kept a steady aim at my foe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom