• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Not referring to any individual moment, but... I have a terrible habit of seeing an opponent with glowing hair who I know for a fact has either Bubbler or Kraken and who appears to be exposed enough for me to get two sloshes onto them, optimistically assuming that nobody could possibly react quickly enough to use their Special in that, like, 0.3-second time-frame. Worst part is that, naturally, I'm using one of the worst weapons for pushing those Specials away, so the outcome is usually a foregone conclusion.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Not referring to any individual moment, but... I have a terrible habit of seeing an opponent with glowing hair who I know for a fact has either Bubbler or Kraken and who appears to be exposed enough for me to get two sloshes onto them, optimistically assuming that nobody could possibly react quickly enough to use their Special in that, like, 0.3-second time-frame. Worst part is that, naturally, I'm using one of the worst weapons for pushing those Specials away, so the outcome is usually a foregone conclusion.
At least you do notice the hair glow. >_>

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm back, this time with some more, ah, positive unbelievable moments from Port Mackerel.

The first: This Aerospray MG squiddo was trying to ink up our side of the map with ten seconds left on the clock, so I rushed to try and take him out. Sure, CQC with an Aerospray is a bad idea, especially considering I was using a Splattershot Pro (without motion controls, by accident), but I managed to take him out. Seeing the writing on the wall, the guy sent out a Seeker just before I splatted him.

The unbelievable part? I unconsciously hit the X button and jumped up. At near-point blank range, without moving forward to try and clear it. When I realized what I was doing I panicked, thinking I was going to die horribly—and yet I survived. I had to do a little victory twirl after that, I'm not sorry.

The second: In another match, someone had the bright idea to fight off a Kraken. That someone was me, with my slow-to-fire Pro Shot. Now the Kraken had hulked out a fair distance from me (dead center of the map, I was behind the first row of central cargo), so I thought I would get lucky and be able to repel him from a distance. Alas, he was able to zigzag around my shots and get up close for the kill... but at that point, I was able to keep my aim centered on his mantle, and I managed to push him far back enough that when the forklift came by, it took him with it. And by then, the Kraken had only enough time to climb over the forklift before reverting back, at which point a teammate took him out. (I think.)

I dunno, perhaps this stuff byþ more impressive to my half-asleep brain than it is in reality.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Two disasters with suction bombs on Bluefin Depot:
  • *hears fling sound from perch and watches someone leave* "Okay, cool, that guy who kept throwing disruptors left there so I can try to sneak up here and-oh, what's this?" *splatted by suction bomb*
  • A suction bomb is placed nearby. I try to avoid it and nearly fall off the part where the wall of bricks has a hole in it. (Is that really necessary?) After recovering from
And that spot in Bluefin Depot was the setting of what was possibly the dumbest series of decisions I had ever made. I saw someone send out a Seeker on my team, and I remembered a Killer Wail earlier. I was wondering if someone had the Tempered, so I hid in some ink to check. (We had the lead 5-85 and the RM was popped right next to me, so I though it was okay) "Nope, no Tempered. There's a Tri-slosher Noveau-that must be the Seekers-but I don't know where that Wail was from-Oh, shoot, someone just came by."

They didn't see me-Easy splat, right? I jump up, ready to swing at them-and while jumping, fall back and off the stage.

Peachfanclub

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Peachfanclub
I played a Rainmaker match in Walleye Warehouse; near the end of the round, I had the Rainmaker, and I had Kraken ready to engage, but I casually walked up a few ramps in the face of enemy fire without even realizing I could've gone Kraken. I got splatted just 11 paces from the goal, failing to achieve a knockout, but securing the victory nonetheless.

But wait, I have another, better story...

Today I played a Tower Control match in Mahi Mahi Resort in which, riding a comfortable lead over the bad guys, I took the tower for a ride all the way to the goal, this time going Kraken to ensure I would get the tower there, but I ended up getting splatted 1 PACE AWAY from the goal... and the opposing team proceeded to win the match, leaving me with nothing to show for my effort. You see, Tower Control is a game of inches.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I played a Rainmaker match in Walleye Warehouse; near the end of the round, I had the Rainmaker, and I had Kraken ready to engage, but I casually walked up a few ramps in the face of enemy fire without even realizing I could've gone Kraken. I got splatted just 11 paces from the goal, failing to achieve a knockout, but securing the victory nonetheless.
If it makes you feel better, specials can't be activated if you're holding the RM.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Having watched a few matches of Splatoon on YouTube and seeing what results when it happens, I've become rather leery of Squid Beakons. I'll tear 'em down, and I'd scout the skies a bit to make sure nobody's Super Jumped to it. More often than not, there's nobody there, but it doesn't hurt to check—if there is someone coming, you've spared yourself the trouble of having to hunt down an intruder and cleaning up their mess.

Well, squidiot me forgot to do that earlier in a match on Kelp Dome, taking out the Beakon but not checking for any Super Jumpers. So me and a teammate are about to hop over the ramp leading to the rightmost corner of the map (from our spawn), when all of a sudden *BAM!* as the guy who Jumped to that Beakon activated his Kraken just before he landed.

I should try doing that some time...

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Having watched a few matches of Splatoon on YouTube and seeing what results when it happens, I've become rather leery of Squid Beakons. I'll tear 'em down, and I'd scout the skies a bit to make sure nobody's Super Jumped to it. More often than not, there's nobody there, but it doesn't hurt to check—if there is someone coming, you've spared yourself the trouble of having to hunt down an intruder and cleaning up their mess.

Well, squidiot me forgot to do that earlier in a match on Kelp Dome, taking out the Beakon but not checking for any Super Jumpers. So me and a teammate are about to hop over the ramp leading to the rightmost corner of the map (from our spawn), when all of a sudden *BAM!* as the guy who Jumped to that Beakon activated his Kraken just before he landed.

I should try doing that some time...
Speaking of which, I'm surprised I've never been baited by an opponent to shoot at their landing zone only for a surprise Kraken to fall from the sky.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
So the other day I was playing some bluefin depot RM. The Rainmaker holder was on the middle plank (where the rainmaker spawns) and trying to shoot me (I was on my side ramp). I almost shot the Rainmaker down, but then it shot back, and I swam to the left, realized I was about to fall off the ramp and into the water, tried to turn around... aaaaand I got caught in the momentum and fell off.
I was not pleased. Good thing we still won.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There I was behind the enemy team's left hand-side planter on Blackbelly Skatepark, pretty much trapped but in a good position: I could fire freely past the wall and remain somewhat hidden, whereas the opponent would have to expose himself to my ink if he wanted to get at me. Or, he could ink a path around the planter and sneak around, which he did. Of course I'm not that dumb, so when I saw the ink start flying on my left, I quickly made a path for myself and swam forward into their base, prepared to splat him as he popped into view.

And then, just as I think I've got it in the bag, the guy pops back from where he was. Turns out the ink on my left was fired by the guy's teammate, and he was the one trying to flank me; so as I turn around, I find myself cornered with no way out and no way to fight back.

That's twice this week I've been played like a sap. I really need to get my **** together.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Last weekend, when I was on my quest to A-(made it), I made the mistake several times of not super jumping back to base to protect my Inkstrike.
Not to mention my in-yo-face (yes I'm black XD) playstyle with the RG.

DJ fivers

Inkling
NNID
bleepo
I put the rainmaker on the stand thing right? There were 30 seconds left and I just stood there. Nobody could kill me, I just stood there. 26 seconds later, the game finally ends and we won. Splatoon is so weird lol.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I had the closest match ever today in piranha pit splat zones.
My team and me played very bad during almost the whole game. The opposing team's counter was on 3, ours on 97. We somehow pull off a wipe as the timer runs out and go into overtime. We then proceed to eliminate all opponents time and time again.
Then, at the last second before we get the lead, this random splattershot Jr. activates his bubbler, kills 2 people, claims a zone back and ends overtime. Our counter was on 4.
That match certainly was intense. If the jr. had activated the bubbler half a second later, we would've won.

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I had the closest match ever today in piranha pit Splatoon zones.
My team and me played very bad during almost the whole game. The opposing team's counter was on 3, ours on 97. We somehow pull off a wipe as the timer runs out and go into overtime. We then proceed to eliminate all opponents time and time again.
Then, at the last second before we get the lead, this random splattershot Jr. activates his bubbler, kills 2 people, claims a zone back and ends overtime. Our counter was on 4.
That match certainly was intense. If the jr. had activated the bubbler half a second later, we would've won.
WOw. I would be pretty salty there

Silver_1357

Semi-Pro Squid
>when you press the R stick when you're about to die from a Tentatek but your Gamepad's like "nope" and just lets you die without activating your Kraken

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I tend to get up in someone's face to get the splat(I main short ranged weapons), and sometimes I do it where there's a Hydra charging up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom