• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I was playing Tower Control on Camp Triggerfish. I got the Bubbler so I thought I'd help my teammate on the tower. I passed the Bubbler along to them only for an E-Liter to promptly shoot them off the tower.... Oops. :P In retrospect, that was not my brightest move. I know better than to use a Bubbler on the tower in Camp Triggerfish. :v

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So in a fit of arrogance, I and 3 of my teammates tried to get a spawncamp going on Port Mackerel, only for all of us to be hammered by a wall of Burst Bombs. That was rather boneheaded of me... and I didn't learn my lesson, either.

But that wasn't the best part. The lone teammate that didn't get splatted was just hanging around their side of the map. I clicked their name to Super Jump to them, when it dawned on me that my fellow teammates (who'd just respawned alongside me) were probably going to do the same thing.
Sure enough, they did, and I was treated to the sight of 3 Inklings in unison flying through the sky, all to the same destination. I really shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did, but it was just too hilarious for my tired mind.

I post this here because it's one of those things that I never thought would happen without being planned out in advance.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Super Jumping on moving objects like the crane, the tower in TC, and the spinning platforms in Museum forces you to land on the spot on the moving object you jumped to. It is likely that the crane moved while you were in midair to over the ocean as it sometimes does. Most likely (if it was not a glitch) you were holding ZL by default (to start swimming faster) not knowing you were above water, and fell right through the grate.

not that that happened to me before or anything.
Now that I think about it, I must have mistimed the jump since the crane was moving while I was super-jumping. But my teammate wasn't on the platform, I think.

Funny though, the last few times I jumped on there, there's usually a beacon to steady the fall. Oh well.

don't worry i'm pretty sure this type of thing happened to all of us at one point lol

More recently, I was playing a match in Museum d'Alonfisio (sp?), and was heading down to the central area when I ran right into a Seeker. Smart move right there.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Two awful moments for me:

Carrying the RM in Mahi Mahi and trying to ink up a platform I was standing on. I saw a bomb on it and thought "Oh, I'll ink that spot up too" and got splatted after I realized I was being an idiot.

Saw two squids in combat, was about to help when I heard the splat and saw the ghost. I watched the other climb up a wall and head for the RM and thought "Good, he'll take care of that and I'll try for ground control". Then I realized he wasn't on my team.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I had a supremely dumb moment today, and it cost us the game. Thankfully it was just a Turf match, but it was so embarrassing.

It was on Camp Triggerfish, my team was doing super well, I was literally holding back two enemies on their side of the map, with an Octobrush. So, in the last thirty seconds, We have them suppressed so nicely, and my hubris kicks in. I charge in activating the Kraken, lunging at the enemies, they hold me back, I lunge at the guy on the rope part to the side where a squid/kraken will fall through. I fell through, right where all three of them saw me fall and die.

In the last 30 seconds, they take out my other teammates who also were getting too overconfident, and they all got splatted. We lost by 0.1 percent, in a match we literally had in the bag. I wasn't even mad, I deserved that loss for being so overconfident and stupid.

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Did something so unbelievably dumb it still makes me cringe to this day.

It was on Ranked a few months ago-- Splatzones on Kelp Dome. My team and I were pulling it in pretty good, with only a few seconds left on the clock, and I mean a FEW, like 20 or 10 seconds.

Anyways, I check my map and see my teammates aren't near the Splatzone, but are instead closing in on stray opposing team members trying to get to where I am-- smack dab in the middle of the map, where I'm the only person actually guarding the Zone with a Splatterscope.

I Booyah to a teammate as I see the timer just about to run out, and then... A random sniper who I couldn't even recall seeing before hits me right in the back, splatting me instantly. The sniper later goes on to do a Bomb Rush, stealing the Zone from us. THEN, the other team pulls through and actually wins, stealing our lead of having just 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock. Keep in mind that they hadn't even begun counting down, they were still at the 100 mark when I was splatted.

The thing that makes me embarrassed is that if I wasn't Booyah'ing and actually paying attention to the map, we would have won that, totally. I just assumed it would be an easy win and goofed off, and it makes me so... UGHHHHH. It made me feel so dumb I quit the match afterward and just sat on my couch in complete awe.

To that sniper, I hope you give other people that same agony.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I can't believe I fell off my perch at Bluefin Depot multiple times in multiple matches while sniping with the E-Liter 3K Scope yesterday. I guess I was just really trying to make use of its excellent range. XD (At least I still got plenty of snipes in, but that sure was embarrassing. :,( )

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A charger called my bluff hardcore the other day. It was Bluefin Depot, and I was trying to evade an enemy Dynamo by hiding here:

I'm assuming that charger player was up on that tower on the left, but wherever he was he noticed the ripples I was making whilst trying to not fall off. Had I been more perceptive I might've noticed the laser aiming at me, but...

The upshot to this is that, now knowing how noticeable a squid is hiding there, in a later match I was able to harass a Luna Blaster who had the same idea. No cheap free kills for you, squiddo!

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
A charger called my bluff hardcore the other day. It was Bluefin Depot, and I was trying to evade an enemy Dynamo by hiding here:

I'm assuming that charger player was up on that tower on the left, but wherever he was he noticed the ripples I was making whilst trying to not fall off. Had I been more perceptive I might've noticed the laser aiming at me, but...

The upshot to this is that, now knowing how noticeable a squid is hiding there, in a later match I was able to harass a Luna Blaster who had the same idea. No cheap free kills for you, squiddo!
Huh... I never realized you could "hide" in that spot. Never had someone try to pull a fast one on me from there as far as I know, at least. Now I'll be totally paranoid about it...

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I forgot exactly what I was planning, but I was hoping to hop off the tower, get a splat in, and jump back on. My seeker hit the wall as I fell down to the water, making everything totally useless.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Well, I have two new stupid moments. The first one was at Hammerhead Bridge last week with a Splat Roller. Here's what happened: So... I was trying to take out a Carbon Roller user by whacking him with my roller. He decided to keep turning around in circles trying to splat me instead of just quickly whacking me. I was also turning in circles and somehow missed him every time. Eventually, hit ended up hitting me with his roller twice and I was splatted. The whole thing looked pretty pathetic if you were in the background watching. The second one was today at Mahi-Mahi Resort. Just when I thought I was going to jump over a ledge and get someone while I was a kraken, they decided to shoot at me... which resulted in me not quite making it because of knock back. I fell right into that water just barely missed the ledge. I really do accidentally do a lot of stupid stuff in this game. XD

Last edited:

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Idk how many times ive been on the tower or on the edge of a cliff and i get the bright idea to break out the inkzooka....and knock myself off of whatever i am standing on

Today at Urchin Underpass, I played as a Luna Blaster Neo. My team never took the initiative to capture the Splat Zone, so I guess I had to do it. I died, then we lost the lead. After that, we pushed again and then the match went into Overtime. Gasp! Inkstrike from other team! I tried to take the Splat Zone back. Oh no! Due to my apparent inability to notice that I was in range (panic, panic), I walked straight into that Inkstrike. My team didn't take the Splat Zone back (god damn it.) and we lost. If not for me dying, we probably would have won.
tl;dr: s level player (in a+) makes a stupid mistake and causes his not initiative taking team to (probably?) lose.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Saw an enemy super jumping to someone who was hiding...I shot at the spot of ink because someone had to be there...1 hit...He bubbled like he had superhuman reflexes. The two now invincible squids then killed me.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Saw an enemy super jumping to someone who was hiding...I shot at the spot of ink because someone had to be there...1 hit...He bubbled like he had superhuman reflexes. The two now invincible squids then killed me.
...At least it wasn't a case of a superjumping player suddenly going lol Kraken?

Haven't heard that happening before, now that I think about. Any particularly unlucky fellas or scheming Krakens around the premises?

DylanDude

Inkling
NNID
DylanDude120
The other day I was in the middle of an intense three-player confrontation. Suddenly, I hear my Special meter chime, telling me it's ready to unleash some pain. Instinctively, I press the right analog stick... and pull out an Inkstrike. We lost that confrontation.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
The falls on Moray Towers must have rattled my brain a bit, because I've been really stupid there lately.
  • Constantly falling (including a match where I went 2/11-"I'm sorry..." I sobbed to my team, even though we won)
  • Seeing people approaching and still not attacking them until it was too late
  • Going for a Seeker when I was within range for a flick and not having enough ink
  • Tried to climb up a wall, was tripping on ink in front of me on the floor. I pulled out my roller to clean it up-after I had already jumped far enough to get to the wall, painting a lovely trail as I fell to my doom. (You can suggest :ability_inkresistance: all you want, but it doesn't fix not thinking)
  • "Let's splat this guy on the tower-" *tower rider aggressively krakens and stares at me* "Oh, no, let's splat this guy-" *is splatted by the guy I wanted to splat*
It wasn't terrible by any means, and I still had plenty of good matches (15/10 in one!), but boy was I stupid for some of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom