• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

i hated seeing side openings and corners clean during the turf wars testfire...

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
i surely hope this isn't a problem in the full version.....teams that seem far more interested in a big firefight than actually covering all the clean floors they can find

more often than i would like to admit...this happened to me during the testfire

i can kinda excuse it for saltspray rig because it's so huge but walleye warehouse?! you telling me that both corners are clean as a whistle?...0_o and the team is mainly concerned with what's in front of them straight ahead

i wish this game had voice chat just so i could alert my team to the fact that they were leaving so many crucial spots clean.....

SqueezedSquid

Squiddy
NNID
EiRRin
Since I main the roller usually when I am playing I try to cover the whole ground and leave the killing to my other team mates. But wayy too often when I go to use splattershot or charger the people on my team who have the roller do not do simple things that they should, like instead of covering the main base they automatically just go out, or instead of trying to cover areas that have no paint on them they automatically charge towards enemies. I guess it shouldn't bother m so much but its just...bluuuuggjjj

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
well i was the roller most of the time so it wasn't that hard for me to do but if the opposing team just wipes out the work i just did with little to no defense from my team mates

why bother?

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Since it is a shooter, we all still have the idea that we need to go after other players. Once we all start playing the full version of the game, we will start to realize how crucial laying down ink is

SqueezedSquid

Squiddy
NNID
EiRRin
Since it is a shooter, we all still have the idea that we need to go after other players. Once we all start playing the full version of the game, we will start to realize how crucial laying down ink is
That is true, its just that the whole laying down ink thing is the main goal so youd think that people would notice that.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
That is true, its just that the whole laying down ink thing is the main goal so youd think that people would notice that.
this is why voice chat is needed....because some people just aren't gonna read the manual or they are just gonna be a complete moron about the game....

how the hell can i inform them that they left too many spots open without any way to communicate? I'm just one roller i can't fix it all by myself....the opposing team more often than not is gonna ruin my work if my team's playing this poorly

SqueezedSquid

Squiddy
NNID
EiRRin
this is why voice chat is needed....because some people just aren't gonna read the manual or they are just gonna be a complete moron about the game....

how the hell can i inform them that they left too many spots open without any way to communicate? I'm just one roller i can't fix it all by myself....the opposing team more often than not is gonna ruin my work if my team's playing this poorly
I don't really think its needed mostly because there would be a fair amount of adult men (and maybe even woman) cussing out children for not doing a good job and I do not want to see that. What we need is more clear commands then just cmon and booyah

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Voice chat doesn't help if people don't want to play objective. Then they just refuse to because they were told. I am actually quite glad Splatoon will not have voice chat, because it always just makes toxicity and causes players to ignore things on purpose just to spite you.

SqueezedSquid

Squiddy
NNID
EiRRin
Voice chat doesn't help if people don't want to play objective. Then they just refuse to because they were told. I am actually quite glad Splatoon will not have voice chat, because it always just makes toxicity and causes players to ignore things on purpose just to spite you.
EXACTLY. I see too much toxic stuff in TF2 as it is because of voice chat.

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
yeah, no voice chat was a good choice. I hope they add it for the 8-player friend lobbies in august, but otherwise.... I play plenty of TF2 and honestly the voice chat isn't worth it most of the time. Although it can be hilarious. There are gonna be kids playing this game, though.

I agree about people needing to remember the real objective, but it is generally "more fun" to go shoot people. It's like teams with no engies in CTF maps in TF2. No one really wants to sit around and guard the intel but.... if they don't, a scout will just waltz in.

jkid391

Senior Squid
I personally get turf in the middle first, since most people go after that. After, I go to the corners and ink them, and when I am done I drop down and surprise some players from behind.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
EXACTLY. I see too much toxic stuff in TF2 as it is because of voice chat.
guess I'm just lucky then because I've rarely if ever ran into toxic players on TF2

Plants vs zombies garden warfare was An E Rated Game Targeted at Younger Gamers and that had voice chat which never involved toxicity of any kind so i don't see why people instantly thought if people are given a voice they will be horrible filthy animals

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
guess I'm just lucky then because I've rarely if ever ran into toxic players on TF2

Plants vs zombies garden warfare was An E Rated Game Targeted at Younger Gamers and that had voice chat which never involved toxicity of any kind so i don't see why people instantly thought if people are given a voice they will be horrible filthy animals
I've played TF2, CS:GO, CoD, even Borderlands 2 and run into plenty of people being just awful on voice chat. And the thing is it just doesn't help that much. In TF2 it's 30% harmless goofing, 40% super offensive goofing, 20% people being really really awful, and MAYBE 10% strategizing. I would say at least 50% is pretty toxic, and less than 10% is "necessary". Not worth the tradeoff.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
The first thing I did in Walleye Warehouse was head down the left wing and cover it completely.

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
Lets keep complaining about Team play at a 1-hour-demo. Sounds great.
I don't think the full game is going to change anything about this lol. I direct you to TF2 and pyrosharking, "friendly" heavies, high-five taunts, etc. People will play dumb regardless :P

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Honestly I never really had many problems with voice in TF2 but it seemed to be an exception. Other things with voice didn't go well. As for the idea of chasing people being more fun, I actually like to just go find ground in the beginning, rolling out a different way then my allies on purpose, so I can join he fight with my special ready. Or right after a fight ends, I like to just find more ground for he same reason, even if it wasn't also the win condition.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
I've played TF2, CS:GO, CoD, even Borderlands 2 and run into plenty of people being just awful on voice chat. And the thing is it just doesn't help that much. In TF2 it's 30% harmless goofing, 40% super offensive goofing, 20% people being really really awful, and MAYBE 10% strategizing. I would say at least 50% is pretty toxic, and less than 10% is "necessary". Not worth the tradeoff.
when somebody starts stabbing you in the back a dozen times and nobody said anything You'll wish they did....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom