• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

i hated seeing side openings and corners clean during the turf wars testfire...

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
This is true, but there's always something you could've done better. No player is perfect, after all.
such as being everywhere at once? even if i did everything perfectly....if the rest of my team acted like morons then it's a hopeless cause

it's like in Team Fortress 2....if the clock's counting down and nobody's getting on the cart(Payload mode)you being the sole person on it....and the sole person being blown to bits by sentry guns won't make a difference

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
No, you don't. Splatdashing inks virtually nothing. It's only purpose is movement.
Depending on the rate at which you do it. The most rapid splatdash doesn't ink much, but by spraying a little longer you can ink a lot while moving almost as fast. People seem to be getting hung up on max speed splatdashes without considering that it's also useful when slowed down just a smidge.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
From my experience with the full game, people still haven't learnt.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Depending on the rate at which you do it. The most rapid splatdash doesn't ink much, but by spraying a little longer you can ink a lot while moving almost as fast. People seem to be getting hung up on max speed splatdashes without considering that it's also useful when slowed down just a smidge.
It's not really possible to slow it down and get a good coverage at the same time without it being slower than a combination of inking and swimming. It's practically the same thing, and has the same speed. Plus speed is the use of Splatdashing, if you slow it down people will get there faster than you. But, however, I will say splatdashing does get you there in time to ink the bigger central area rather then the skinnier side areas.

such as being everywhere at once? even if i did everything perfectly....if the rest of my team acted like morons then it's a hopeless cause

it's like in Team Fortress 2....if the clock's counting down and nobody's getting on the cart(Payload mode)you being the sole person on it....and the sole person being blown to bits by sentry guns won't make a difference
I don't mean being everywhere at once, I'm just saying there's always a mistake you've made in a game, even if it's a small one. Such as losing a fight, or ignoring a part of the map with a bigger surface area, or not utilizing your subweapons properly. You NEVER perform perfectly, ever. There's always something you could've done better than what you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom